talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

• Subscriber

47 Ronin (2013)

Really enjoyed this take on the 47 Ronin  with Keanu Reeves and some fantasy elements mixed into it. A typical Oriental story

7/10

Europa Report (2013)

A found footage film about the first crewed mission to Europa. Really surprised with this one, it had only a small budget so the visuals are not stunning, but the acting is good, the story is plausible, and there's insane attention to technical details - they apparently consulted NASA when making the movie, and it shows. An enjoyable indie scifi flick. On a side note, if we ever make it up Europa for real, I fully expect trouble, given how numerous movies portray it xD

7.5/10

• Subscriber

Ex Machina (2014)

Whoa. A very well executed, cerebral movie about a young programmer who gets tasked with performing the Turing test on a highly advanced AI. Just the perfect balance of sci-fi and psychology. Really enjoyed this one.

9/10

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Eastern Promises

Brilliant. It left me wanting more. It tells a story of a British/Russian nurse who ends up getting involved with the Russian Mafia in London. Without a doubt this is the best performance of Viggo Mortensen’s career.

9/10.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Eastern Promises

Brilliant. It left me wanting more. It tells a story of a British/Russian nurse who ends up getting involved with the Russian Mafia in London. Without a doubt this is the best performance of Viggo Mortensen’s career.

9/10.

A good movie, watched it in the cinema back then and rewatched it again recently. However, I thought the ending was a bit abrupt, wasn't it? 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, nudge said:

A good movie, watched it in the cinema back then and rewatched it again recently. However, I thought the ending was a bit abrupt, wasn't it? 

Very! Frustrating almost... I didn’t want more as an audience... we actually needed more! Felt like it could have easily had a sequel. 

I was happy when I was right as I expected he was undercover. They wrote it to make you empathise with his character but I guessed he was undercover from early on, I was so happy with myself xD.  It reminded me of Donnie Brasco, in the sense that he’s that deep in the mob life he’s one of them. 

• Upvote 1

On 15/11/2020 at 07:35, JOSHBRFC said:

Watched Menace 2 Society (1993) last night for the first time in a looooooong time. Good watch after all these years, a very good film, telling the brutal story of urban violence in America. 

8/10.

Boyz N da Hood > Menace 2 Society 

15 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Agreed. Probably the best “hood” film of all time.

Aye the message behind it is strong. Ice Cube did a great job in portraying how black Americans became a product of their own environment through the result of government programs such as redlining and the crack/cocaine epidemic in black neighborhoods. 

• Upvote 1

Megan is missing.

I heard about this film being a shocking horror film so wanted to watch it. But wasn't aware of what it is about.  Its about a girl who goes missing and her friend who tries to find her who also goes missing.

It is possibly the most disturbing film I have ever seen. Its completely sick and unless used for educational purposes, a pointless vile film that should be banned.

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, Cicero said:

Aye the message behind it is strong. Ice Cube did a great job in portraying how black Americans became a product of their own environment through the result of government programs such as redlining and the crack/cocaine epidemic in black neighborhoods. 

Rewatched it last night. Still great. :D 

Richard Jewell 

7.5/10

Had anxiety and a sense of “oh no” like the whole time but thought it was well acted and I learnt about some sad history with him and what happened :( 

Game over, man 

6.5/10

Seen it when it first came out. Light hearted comedy. 

Edited by Toinho

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Watched a bunch since Ive last posted here.

Guns Akimbo - 8/10 So. Much. Fun. I enjoy a good b movie and this is exactly that.

Sinister - 8.5/10 Really good horror film, I dont know how I managed to avoid watching it for so long but Im glad I finally got around too it. The genre is really kind of sad in the last bunch of years but this is a standout, if you live under a rock like me... watch it! I plan on watching the sequal at some point here in short order. 

Golden Eye - 7/10 Probably the best Pierce Brosnan Bond movie for me. Been a long time since Ive seen it and theres some great scenes and one liners throughout. I completely forgot Sean Bean was in it too xD

Happy Death Day - 7/10 Another pleasent surprise so to speak, Ive heard alot about it but again not something I ever got around to watching. Pretty mindless flick but a good watch and a decent little twist in the end with some feel good moments. I will check out the sequal on this one as well.

Also it being almost Christmas time its time for the yearly watch of Love Actually!

Edited by Viva la FCB

Watched 'Tenet' last night

Although it's a bit confusing in regards to what's going on initially it all comes together to make more sense near the end so it's one of them films you need to stick with despite the weird style and unusual visuals that often throw you when you are trying to work out what is going on... I did enjoy it but definitely not one to watch with someone who asks lot's of questions about what's going on etc because to be honest you won't have much of a clue to start with and would need to bluff it out by telling them to stop talking because they are ruining it.. I would probably give it 7/10 

Also it's a fairly long film so make sure you have plenty of beer and snacks on standby... In fact it was so long that by the time the end credits started rolling all my clothes had gone out of fashion... 

• Haha 2