talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

• Administrator

Soul

Got Disney+ and watched this last night. It's a good watch and gives you a lot of perspective but at the same time, lots of humour and feel-good factor.

Doesn't carry on as you would expect after the first little intro bit. Thought it'd be some rags to riches tale but turns out quite different, in a good way.

7.5/10.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 25/12/2020 at 21:15, Rick said:

Pixar’s Soul - 9/10

Weird, but fantastic effort. The animation is another level, and I loved the world building in it. There is a great message in there too, which is quite powerful. 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Soul

Got Disney+ and watched this last night. It's a good watch and gives you a lot of perspective but at the same time, lots of humour and feel-good factor.

Doesn't carry on as you would expect after the first little intro bit. Thought it'd be some rags to riches tale but turns out quite different, in a good way.

7.5/10.

Just watched it myself... Really good in all aspects; the animation, the score, the story are all top notch, and it also came out just at a right time as most of us could probably do with a nice subtle reminder to enjoy all little things in life...

Some nice humour in there, too. “Don't worry, you can't crush a soul here, that's what life on Earth is for!" xD 

8.5/10.

• Haha 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, nudge said:

Just watched it myself... Really good in all aspects; the animation, the score, the story are all top notch, and it also came out just at a right time as most of us could probably do with a nice subtle reminder to enjoy all little things in life...

Some nice humour in there, too. “Don't worry, you can't crush a soul here, that's what life on Earth is for!" xD 

8.5/10.

Yes the animation and plot was superb. I loved the 'in the zone' section. All been there where you just seem to be in a trance, full of focus, and just in another world. You come away from it thinking about the perspective of life and the finer, more valuable and precious things in life. 

I found the 'lost souls' quite touching. And those that just need that little glimpse of life and that proverbial (or literal) helping hand to drag them out of their anxiety and depression. The emotions and feelings of anyone in life is personified greatly in this film.

1 hour ago, Rick said:

That was my favourite line in the film, brilliant 😂 

Same xD. Can definitely associate that with a few people in life!

I think there was a line about one of the little ones in the Great Before saying they're an incredibly opportunistic manipulative megalomaniac and then the Jerry saying 'that's Earth's problem to deal with' xD  

59 minutes ago, nudge said:

I found 22 very relatable in general xD 

Yep, same!

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Daddies Home (2015) & Daddies Home 2 (2017) with Will Ferrell, Mark Walhberg, Mel Gibson & John Lithgow - 8/10

A comedy but the second one is even better with Gibson & Lithgow, a laugh a minute and good for a family watch with your kiddies, apparently, there is a third one (2019) but it's not on my Amazon so I will have to try YouTube and Netflix.

Edited by CaaC (John)

• Subscriber

Darkness Falls (2020) - Stars Shawn Ashmore & Gary Cole. Crime/Drama/Thriller

Not bad and a decent thriller - 7.5/10

After his wife's suicide, Detective Jeff Anderson becomes convinced that she has been murdered. Obsessed with his investigation, he finds out that his wife was the victim of a team of father-and-son serial killers and sets out to stop them.

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017)

Watched this last night. How have I not seen this before? I loved Martin McDonagh's previous films, I absolutely adore Sam Rockwell and most of the other actors in the cast. Anyway, I was blown away by this film. Such a great story, with the right mixture of darkness and humour. Sam Rockwell's character has an absolutely amazing arc, even though you wouldn't think that at the beginning of the film. So many iconic scenes and lines. There's also no better actress out there who can play a tough yet vulnerable woman like Frances McDormand. Absolute masterpiece.

9.5/10

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Has anybody seen Chadwick Boseman in 21 Bridges (2019)? started to watch it and got interrupted and stopped watching it but it looked good at the beginning so I was wondering if it's worth the full watch. :)

Watched it in full last night, top marks for me and a lovely twist in the plot at the end. 

Green Book

Been on my watch list for ages and finally sat down to watch it tonight. Completely worth the wait, loved it.

Very touching, poignant, funny and extremely powerful. Both actors were top drawer in this playing almost polar opposite characters.

Just makes you realise what they went through to do what they did and I didn't actually realise it was based on a true story till the end.

8.5/10.

• Upvote 1

I also watched this last night...
Green book

9/10

I had never seen it. A very impressive movie with great dialogue and it was just an easy watch with some great acting.

edit: Like the above (which I didn’t see until after  I posted this) I didn’t realise it was based on a true story either. 

Edited by Toinho

1 hour ago, Toinho said:

I also watched this last night...
Green book

9/10

I had never seen it. A very impressive movie with great dialogue and it was just an easy watch with some great acting.

edit: Like the above (which I didn’t see until after  I posted this) I didn’t realise it was based on a true story either. 

How strange is that haha. Must have been decent if we've both given it a high vote.

For ages, I kept looking at the Italian American guy thinking, 'I bloody know you' and then half way through realised it was only fucking Aragorn from Lord of the Rings. He's changed xD

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
On 03/01/2021 at 08:02, Carnivore Chris said:

Weirdest film I've ever seen. I actually watched it months ago but haven't watched any films since. I always watch series nowadays and feel as though when I watch a film "something" is missing. But I'd give it 7/10.

Reminded me I watched it about 6 months ago xD anyways I agree. Super weird. 

• Subscriber
On 12/01/2021 at 17:37, Tommy said:

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017)

Watched this last night. How have I not seen this before? I loved Martin McDonagh's previous films, I absolutely adore Sam Rockwell and most of the other actors in the cast. Anyway, I was blown away by this film. Such a great story, with the right mixture of darkness and humour. Sam Rockwell's character has an absolutely amazing arc, even though you wouldn't think that at the beginning of the film. So many iconic scenes and lines. There's also no better actress out there who can play a tough yet vulnerable woman like Frances McDormand. Absolute masterpiece.

9.5/10

This movie is simply superb for all the reasons you mentioned.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Watched Spree on Netflix last night. Was good in some parts but very shit in others.

If it was that one where he goes on that killing spree to increase his likes on social media then it was a pile of crap... I turned off half way through