talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

The White Tiger 

Netflix movie and adaptation of a book, basically the rise of a poverty stricken working slave in Indian, honestly thought this was a brilliant movie as is the majority of Indian based movies I've watch over the last few years. I'd put Slumdog and Lion ahead of this one but given I think both those movies are absolute classics this is still a really good movie. 

To think people actually treat other humans in such a way is disgusting. 

8/10

• Wow 1

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Devil said:

The White Tiger 

Netflix movie and adaptation of a book, basically the rise of a poverty stricken working slave in Indian, honestly thought this was a brilliant movie as is the majority of Indian based movies I've watch over the last few years. I'd put Slumdog and Lion ahead of this one but given I think both those movies are absolute classics this is still a really good movie. 

To think people actually treat other humans in such a way is disgusting. 

8/10

There's a movie adaptation??? I absolutely loved the book....

55 minutes ago, Harry said:

My wife just twisted me into watching Hamilton on Disney plus.

It was... legitimately one of the most amazing and best things I've ever seen! I cannot believe how good it is honestly. Floored.

Lin Manuel Miranda is a unique talent. 

Been procrastinating on watching this as I despise musicals. However the reviews are too good to ignore 

Edited by Cicero
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Been procrastinating on watching this as I despise musicals. However the reviews are too good to ignore 

My daughter tried to get me to watch it, lasted about five minutes and I just couldn't handle it anymore. 

I prefer a musical that has talking parts to it, from what I seen of it there wasn't any. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Devil said:

My daughter tried to get me to watch it, lasted about five minutes and I just couldn't handle it anymore. 

I prefer a musical that has talking parts to it, from what I seen of it there wasn't any. 

Cheers for that mate. 

7 hours ago, Cicero said:

I don't like musicals but I don't hate them either, but would've said I don't like rap music at all. So was dubious as fuck going in.

But this had me from the first verse of the opening sequence, where the storytelling in the song lyrics itself was just next level to anything I'd heard in a long time. And being a true story focused on a period of history I was interested in added a layer to the enjoyment.

My advice would be watch the opening 15 minutes (or even just 5) and see if it grabs you, and if not then don't continue.

The Life of David Gale

Sometimes you miss a movie when it was made, catch it a few years later and think, how did I miss that one?

Really enjoyed it, but then I think Kevin Spacey plays that ever so slightly sinister role quite well. He basically has the part of a man convicted of murder and rape facing the death penalty in a few days time who requests a journalist come to visit him for two hours a day before he is executed so he can tell his story 

Kate Winslett is the other main lead as a journalist searching for the truth. What seemed a cut and dry case transpires to be a lot murkier than she thought, enough to arise doubt that the man in question did it.

Really good and a couple clever twists in the end too. Worth a watch on Amazon Prime at the mo.

7.8/10

Coming 2 America

It was never going to better an absolute classic but I think the negative reviews of these are a bit shitty. 

It isn't supposed to be taken serious it's a daft movie and I enjoyed it. 

Won't ruin it but don't go into watching it thinking this is going to be rubbish, just enjoy the fact they got the whole cast back together (minus his mum). 

6/10

Vivarium

Mental, absolutely mental movie. There were periods of the movie my mind was totally confused with what I was watching but the need to know the conclusion kept my mind going. 

Still utterly confused with the actual meaning but it was worth a watch. 

6/10

38 minutes ago, Harry said:

Coming 2 America (sequel).

If you loved the original you'll definitely enjoy the sequel. Very fun. Expectations greatly exceeded.

8/10

Exactly, fair enough it isn't as good as the original but they never are. 

I enjoyed it as well. 

• Subscriber

28 Days Later - 8/10

One of my top couple zombie movies, havent seen it in a long while. Love it. Going to watch the sequel again in the next few weeks, hopefully thats as great as I remember to. 

Edited by Viva la FCB

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017)

A lighthearted watch for Sunday evening, typical cliched comic adventure movie. Quite enjoyable...

7/10

You didn't watch it in German on German TV, right?

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

I usually check what's on TV in the evening, and I saw that it was on RTL. xD  Urgh, dubbing though. :52_fearful:

Meh, it's not the kind of movie where dubbing/synchronisation matters much xD 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Meh, it's not the kind of movie where dubbing/synchronisation matters much xD 

It's such an insult to the art of acting. But hey, I'm not some sort of snob or whatever. 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

It's such an insult to the art of acting. But hey, I'm not some sort of snob or whatever. 

Having two audiotracks would be the best solution, in my opinion. One with German dubbing for those who don't speak English and struggle with subtitles, the other one in original language.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Having two audiotracks would be the best solution, in my opinion. One with German dubbing for those who don't speak English and struggle with subtitles, the other one in original language.

True. Many German TV channels used to do that, and some still do. But not the main ones, unfortunately. I remember as a kid/teen watching TV or DVD's I switched to English because I was so curious what the actors really sounded like. Now I haven't watched a film dubbed to German in almost 15 years I think. 

• Upvote 1