• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

46 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

The Women in Black (2012) Drama/Fantasy/Horror

Seen this a while back, not bad - 8/10.

Hide contents

A young solicitor travels to a remote village where he discovers that the vengeful ghost of a scorned woman is terrorizing the locals.

I’m confused John. This is the ‘latest’ film you saw, but you watched it a while back xD

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Tommy said:

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum

Good old John Wick action. VERY over the top at times. Still very entertaining and cool. Nothing comes close to the first movie though, which to me is a perfect action movie. 

7/10

Whilst I'm aware the John Wick movies are all action entertainment I have to also admit I found it a little bit tiresome in the third movie. There didn't seem a break from it enough to get a real storyline going. 

The first movie was an absolute classic.

Edited by Devil
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, Tommy said:

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum

Good old John Wick action. VERY over the top at times. Still very entertaining and cool. Nothing comes close to the first movie though, which to me is a perfect action movie. 

7/10

The whole begining scene is fantastic though. Right from the library book, through the knife store and stable :D the dog scenes with Halle Berry too. I agree with you about the first still being the best but the sequels havent missed which is what Ive loved. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Rick said:

I think all three have been brilliant, and the third may be my favourite of the lot. 

I watched Shutter Island again last night, it’s so good. 

Really need to get round to watching Shutter Island, been on my list for ages and never got round to it.

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Rick said:

I watched Shutter Island again last night, it’s so good. 

Believe it or not, the film is better than the book  xD

I just could not get into the book and it took me ages to read it so when I saw they made a film of it I thought if the book was crap then the film must be the same...WRONG, I quite enjoyed the film watching it with the wife.

13 hours ago, Toinho said:

Yesterday 

8/10

I really liked it.

Thank you for reading my review. 

Have to say I was pretty disappointed in Yesterday. 

Brilliant idea for a movie but was convinced by the lad that played the lead role in the movie. 

16 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Really need to get round to watching Shutter Island, been on my list for ages and never got round to it.

Proper classic movie, one of Di Caprio's best. 

Knives Out (2019)

That was honestly one of the best films I've seen in recent years. Very clever, funny, mysterious. And what a cast. Max von Sydow (may he rest in peace), Daniel Craig, Jamie Lee Curtis, Chris Evans, Michael Shannon, Don Johnson, Frank Oz, Toni Colette, that girl from 13 Reasons Why... and the beautiful beauuuutiful, beautifuuuuuuuul and talented Ana de Armas. :x Her character is wholesome as fuck as well. 

9/10

The first part of the movie gave me huge Mafia Wars vibes. Can't wait until we have another one on here. xD

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Knives Out (2019)

That was honestly one of the best films I've seen in recent years. Very clever, funny, mysterious. And what a cast. Max von Sydow (may he rest in peace), Daniel Craig, Jamie Lee Curtis, Chris Evans, Michael Shannon, Don Johnson, Frank Oz, Toni Colette, that girl from 13 Reasons Why... and the beautiful beauuuutiful, beautifuuuuuuuul and talented Ana de Armas. :x Her character is wholesome as fuck as well. 

9/10

The first part of the movie gave me huge Mafia Wars vibes. Can't wait until we have another one on here. xD

Thought it initially was going to be very predictable but then it turned itself on its head and was fucking class

• Upvote 1

I watched a film called 'Love & Monsters' last night on Netflix.. 

Image result for love and monsters 2020

When the earth blows up an inbound Asteroid with nuclear weapons the fallout causes insect life to turn big and ugly and wipes out most of humanity so small groups are in hiding across the planet and when this one bloke decides to make the 80 odd mile journey to another colony to find his lost love the path is littered with danger... Some pretty good creature effects it has to be said, no low budget rubbish on offer here... worth a watch if you like that sort of thing... 7/10 for me... 

Edited by Bluewolf

Godzilla vs. King Kong (2021):

5/10. 

Special effects are sexy as fuck, the fight scenes are also fucking awesome. The human and actual movie bits in-between are cringy, boring and fucking irritating. 

Basically, 10/10 for the monster bits, 0/10 for everything else. I was legit hoping that Kong and Godzilla would somehow join forces and just crush everyone else - writing, acting, dialogue is laughably shit.

Wild Bill 

Just found this on Netflix the other day, made in 2011 this is about a guy who's released from a 9 year prison sentence only to find his girlfriend has upped and left his two young boys to bring themselves up in their dingy council flat. 

He also seems to find it hard to escape his previous life however hard he tries (drug dealer). 

It's a British film and it's an absolute hidden gem. 7.2 on IMDB so well worth a watch. 

8/10 for me. 

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

God damnit I love Collateral. 

Is like normal till that body comes from the apartment. Reminds me of the first REC movie. Is just plodding along, then that body falls down and the movie gets going.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Is like normal till that body comes from the apartment. Reminds me of the first REC movie. Is just plodding along, then that body falls down and the movie gets going.

Yeah it really shifts into gear and goes full throttle from there. Tom Cruz at his absolute best imo. 

• Upvote 1