talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

Love and Monsters (2020)

Randomly stumbled across this on Netflix, and I was really positively surprised. It's funny, thrilling, got that survival adventure feel about it. Very charismatic and goofy lead, an awesome dog, plenty of good action. Give it a go if you need something to watch. It got a lot of heart, and a great journey for the lead character. 

7.8/10

A few from last couple of days:

Collateral 8/10

Can’t believe I’d never seen it!! Good film. 

Stowaway 

4/10

Got ratings because I like Anna Kendrick but for me, it was a nothing movie. 

I am Legend 

6/10

average

Balloon (2018)

East Germany, 1979. After initially failing to flee from the East to the West in a self-built hot-air balloon, two families struggle to make a second attempt, while the East German State Police are chasing them.

Found this randomly, and I didn't even know about it until tonight. Directed by Michael Bully Herbig who is mostly known as a comedian in Germany. But this film took me by surprise. Very well directed, with a great cast and a touching story. You can tell that some of the factual events are somewhat dramatized, but Herbig really managed to make this move very entertaining and very well crafted. I liked it.

8/10

Edit: Just read the wikipedia page about the actual event. And the movie actually sticks very close to the truth. 

• Subscriber

Ford V Ferrari - 9/10 I dont know why I took so long to watch this but man what a fantastic movie. Christian Bale never ceases to amaze. Im convinced the guy can play any role and be convincing. I knew some of the backstory going into this but not a tonne, I imagine theres some creative liberties taken but overall top notch movie. exceeded all of my expectations going in. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Ford V Ferrari - 9/10 I dont know why I took so long to watch this but man what a fantastic movie. Christian Bale never ceases to amaze. Im convinced the guy can play any role and be convincing. I knew some of the backstory going into this but not a tonne, I imagine theres some creative liberties taken but overall top notch movie. exceeded all of my expectations going in. 

Quality film that.... 

• Subscriber

Anyone seen a movie called Host? DRama/chiller, where they hire an medium on Zoom during lockdown. Is supposed to be quite creepy, been suggested to watch it on a laptop in a dark room.

Tenet (2020)

Well, I watched it in three sittings as it was all alot to take into. Nolan really went all out with this, didn't he? I think Nolan fans will appreciate this a lot more than casual movie watchers. I would say that I did understand 90% of it, but it was very confusing at times. 

Anyway, great story and idea albeit somewhat extremely complex. I guess everything would make more sense on a re-watch. John David Washington as the protagonist was alright. His acting seemed a little wooden sometimes. Not sure if that's the actor's fault or if it was just how his character was written. I did enjoy Robert Pattinson's acting though. But that guy is just insanely talented anyway. Good movie. Very ambitious. Need to re-watch it once I recovered from it. Nolan should maybe simple it down a little for his next movies though. But I appreciate his intentions of making something different. 

8/10

Love and monsters

I really enjoyed it to be fair, okay the whole thing was very predictable and corny at times but the monsters were brilliant and there was plenty of action. Often these family style adventure movies get boring as the story isn't up to the level of the special effects but this had a good story to it as well and kept you interested. 

7/10

The Irishman (2019)

Seems like Scorsese's ultimate eulogy to the Mafia/Gangster genre. Great story telling, and the cast was just an oldschool powerhouse who showed that they still got it after all these years. Especially Pesci. He was retired for like what? 20 years? Comes back with such a performance and then retires again. Al Pacino's performance reminded me of his performances in the 80's or early to mid 90's. Man's still got it, but apparently never received a fitting script in the last 20 years. Or maybe never one he felt passionate about again. And De Niro was phenomenal as well. Although those scenes where they de-aged him made me chuckle sometimes. You could still tell he was an old man all this time. But yea, great movie. Last 30 minutes were depressing as fuck though. But real. 

8/10

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Anyone seen a history of violence? Watched it years ago then watched it a few times more as it was really good.

It's very decent. 
David Cronenberg made a trilogy of films with Viggo Mortensen in a staring role. A history of violence, while pretty damn good, is probably the worst of them. 
Check out Eastern Promises and A Dangerous Method. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

It's very decent. 
David Cronenberg made a trilogy of films with Viggo Mortensen in a staring role. A history of violence, while pretty damn good, is probably the worst of them. 
Check out Eastern Promises and A Dangerous Method. 

Never really enjoyed Eastern Promises. But full credit to him for showing his length in the sauna. 

• Haha 2

• Subscriber

Things Heard & Seen (2021) -  Drama, Horror, Mystery 

Not bad, I have seen better but the wife thought it was spooky 7/10.

After moving to a small town with her husband, a young artist begins to suspect that their home harbours a dark secret.

7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Parasite (2019)

Very entertaining. The ending was a bit crazy, but I enjoyed it throughout. Very funny at times too. 

7.8/10

If it had a so loud it's distorted Hans Zimmer soundtrack and terrible exposition dialogue would you have given it a ten? :ph34r: Shame, I thought it was a marvellous piece of cinema that says more about a culture and society than it explicitly shows, and is able to thoroughly communicate those ideas to a someone like me that knows next to nothing about Korean culture and society. Though I suppose 7.8/10 isn't a bad score at all. I would give Parasite a strong recommend for anyone interested in cinema. I do agree that the third sequence does get a little crazy.

Fantastic Mr Fox - a fantastic interpretation by Wes Anderson of Roald Dahl's less famous story. It's charming in its stop-motion presentation, Anderson's typical quirkiness shines through, and the story is a cute little one of animals being animals in an industrialised human's world. A terrific family film.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

If it had a so loud it's distorted Hans Zimmer soundtrack and terrible exposition dialogue would you have given it a ten? :ph34r:

Why are you constantly going for confrontation? ADS? :ph34r:

Just now, Tommy said:

Why are you constantly going for confrontation? ADS:ph34r:

You say that like people don't confront me all the time for no reason. Also, it is AIDS not ADS.

It was just a joke anyway.

On 03/05/2021 at 22:12, Rick said:

Nomadland - 7/10

The hype is a little too much. It’s good, but I wouldn’t call it great by any means. A little bit meandering. Frances McDormand was great, mind. 

I thought this was extremely dull, I'm not going to lie. I saw it through to the end but it was a hard watch.

Where as, Three Billboards was quite the opposite and praise fully justified.

I saw Sound of Metal last night. Now that was decent. It's on Amazon Prime at the moment about a drummer (Riz Ahmed from The Night Of - very good!) in a heavy metal group who loses his hearing and struggles to adapt to his new life being deaf.

It's very thought provoking, especially with the artistic use of sound in the film to emphasise what the character and people in real life have to go through in this situation. It really made you feel n his headspace and my heart goes out to anyone that has to go through stuff like that.

7.9/10

Edited by Lucas