talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

• Subscriber

Army of the Dead - 6/10

Have to agree with Cicero that it was terribly entertaining but in the end it turned a bit formulaic. The dialog is funny as expected but you just really cant buy into how the characters are motivated or go about doing what they do.

8 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

The Little Things - 9/10

Denzel with another fantastic performance, with Rami Malek providing admirable support. However, Jared Leto stole the show.

Gonna watch this tonight because of your review. Don't let me down. 

• Haha 1

Army of the dead 

I've got to say I wanted this to be brilliant, even convinced the wife to watch it even though I know she hates Zombie movies. 

Told her it's a reverse movie, we weren't running from zombies we were fighting them for Las Vegas millions... 

Sold her the dream, got the wine, the popcorn, convinced her to watch it in bed. 2 and half hours later she was fast asleep and I was thinking how average the film actually was. 

If a trailer could sell a film then this one did just that, so many flaws it was untrue. 

4/10

Edited by Devil

The ending in particular mystified me. What was the actual point? What direction were they going with? They built it up as if you kill patient zero, you kill them all? How did that bloke get on the plane without being tested?

11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The ending in particular mystified me. What was the actual point? What direction were they going with? They built it up as if you kill patient zero, you kill them all? How did that bloke get on the plane without being tested?

I tried not to post any spoilers to be fair 😂

The helicopter crash was a shocker, I'm certain a post or something went through the front of the chopper window, yet Batista was sat against a rock like he'd just landed safely and his daughter didn't have a scratch. 

Poor Gita who derailed the whole escape wasn't even given an ending, those poor bloody kids of hers. The movie was half about how she'd gone missing in action. 

Edited by Devil

41 minutes ago, Devil said:

Army of the dead 

I've got to say I wanted this to be brilliant, even convinced the wife to watch it even though I know she hates Zombie movies. 

Told her it's a reverse movie, we weren't running from zombies we were fighting them for Las Vegas millions... 

Sold her the dream, got the wine, the popcorn, convinced her to watch it in bed. 2 and half hours later she was fast asleep and I was thinking how average the film actually was. 

If a trailer could sell a film then this one did just that, so many flaws it was untrue. 

4/10

Watched it on Saturday. Was a very odd movie.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Devil said:

I tried not to post any spoilers to be fair 😂

The helicopter crash was a shocker, I'm certain a post or something went through the front of the chopper window, yet Batista was sat against a rock like he'd just landed safely and his daughter didn't have a scratch. 

Poor Gita who derailed the whole escape wasn't even given an ending, those poor bloody kids of hers. The movie was half about how she'd gone missing in action. 

They risked everything only for Gita to die in the helicopter crash xD

You know what, I change my mind. Going with a 5/10 instead of 6. Batista better off in films where he is given only 10 lines. 

Edited by Cicero

2 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Nudge and Tommy. When you watch Hollywood movies, do you have German subtitles on or watch it in English?

I watch every movie or series in it's original language with subtitles. Doesn't matter if it's English, French, Spanish, Korean or whatever. Everything loses authenticity when dubbed. I want to see the actors acting, and the voice is a big part of that. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Tommy said:

I watch every movie or series in it's original language with subtitles. Doesn't matter if it's English, French, Spanish, Korean or whatever. Everything loses authenticity when dubbed. I want to see the actors acting, and the voice is a big part of that. 

I see dead people.

The Little Things (2021)

Okay. Great cast and a great first half. But then in the second half it felt like every character is getting dumber, and lots of things mentioned earlier in the movie became completely insignificant. Rami Malek's character was supposed to be a brilliant cop but acted like a complete dumbass in the last third of the movie. Jared Leto was just kind of a creep who walked like a NPC Video Game character. Denzel was solid, but even his character was flawed and really had no redeeming part about him. Great start, but ultimately pretty dumb in the end. It's like the writers gave up half way through. Shame. Could have been better.

6/10 mainly because of the great cast. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Which movies did you like but people on here or in real life don't really speak about? Remember The Departed?

From recent ones, A Hidden Life. Went completely under radar. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Cicero said:

They risked everything only for Gita to die in the helicopter crash xD

You know what, I change my mind. Going with a 5/10 instead of 6. Batista better off in films where he is given only 10 lines. 

Exactly, they didn't even bother telling us if she died yet we watched her rescue. 

As for Batista, I didn't think he was that bad, his size made him perfect ex army hero material. Apparently he won't work with Disney again due to a stand off so he's done with Guardians of the Galaxy. 

Edited by Devil