talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood (2019)

I really liked it. So many memorable and iconic scenes and lines. Absolute powerhouse performances from DiCaprio and Pitt. At first I thought it was weird:

How it's somehow in a parallel universe where those two guys were the original targets of Charles Manson's gang instead of Sharon Tate and her entourage.

But in the end I thought it was kind of cool. If only. The last third of the movie was absolutely fucking crazy. Top tier Tarantino. 

Margot Robbie is so beautiful.

8/10

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I really liked it. So many memorable and iconic scenes and lines. Absolute powerhouse performances from DiCaprio and Pitt. At first I thought it was weird:

Reveal hidden contents

How it's somehow in a parallel universe where those two guys were the original targets of Charles Manson's gang instead of Sharon Tate and her entourage.

But in the end I thought it was kind of cool. If only. The last third of the movie was absolutely fucking crazy. Top tier Tarantino. 

8/10

Satisfying ending 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Reveal hidden contents

8/10

Really good movie overall. I was worried with the hype and the hollywood wankfest but definitely lived up to it. The ending is perfect, vintage Tarantino. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Really good movie overall. I was worried with the hype and the hollywood wankfest but definitely lived up to it. The ending is perfect, vintage Tarantino. 

Fucking Hippie Motherfuckers! xD

I also liked the friendship between Leo and Brad's characters in this movie. No backstabbing, no betrayal. Just true friendship. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Tommy said:

Hide contents

8/10

I didn't enjoy it to be fair, ended up turning it off after about 40 minutes as I couldn't see where it was going. 

As for Margot Robbie, she is that stunning she must look in the mirror and fancy herself 😂

During COV-ID one of the things i caught was Sky Arts with critiques looking at film stars and classic movies.

I see some of you commented on the Spaghetti Westerns with Eastwood.

One point I picked up was the films were released out of order.

In the last film released I think is the Good the Bad and the Ugly you see Clintwood dressed in civil war uniform and he sees grisly corpses and decides to remove his jacket and put on a dead man' s poncho. This sets the scene for the other movies of his trademark he look.

They said surely this should have been the first to set the scene yet did not happen and was a shame

• Upvote 1

Ad Astra (2019)

Ok, I'm not sure what to think about that one. I liked some of it. Like the Terry Mallick like inner monolgues from Brad Pitt's character. I liked some of the visuals and even a big part of the story. The rest felt really clumsy and stupid? Like they tried tell a story in pretty stupid and unrealistic surroundings. Were they in a rush to make that movie? Everything space in that movie felt unrealistic. Some of the characters decisions and actions made no sense whatsoever. The funniest part is how Brad Pitt yolo'd his way through an asteroid belt with a tiny makeshift shield. xD

5.5/10 just because Brad Pitt is cool. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Ad Astra (2019)

Ok, I'm not sure what to think about that one. I liked some of it. Like the Terry Mallick like inner monolgues from Brad Pitt's character. I liked some of the visuals and even a big part of the story. The rest felt really clumsy and stupid? Like they tried tell a story in pretty stupid and unrealistic surroundings. Were they in a rush to make that movie? Everything space in that movie felt unrealistic. Some of the characters decisions and actions made no sense whatsoever. The funniest part is how Brad Pitt yolo'd his way through an asteroid belt with a tiny makeshift shield. xD

5.5/10 just because Brad Pitt is cool. 

I didn't like it either. Thought the first part of it looked promising, and then it completely fell apart. Meh.

• Upvote 1

Promising Young Woman (2020)

Totally different than what I expected from the trailer. But a really really good movie. Brings across an important message. I don't want to spoil anything, so I'm just going to say it's dark movie, that has it's funny moments too, but it's a very serious movie with some great and important topics. 

8/10 

Blood red sky

I'm basically working my way through Netflix movies a the moment.

This was pretty fun to be fair, plane gets hijacked, one of the passengers is a vampire who is trying to repress her hunger for blood for the sake of her human child.

As you'd imagine all hell breaks loose on the plane and it turns into a blood bath.

6/10

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Devil said:

Blood red sky

I'm basically working my way through Netflix movies a the moment.

This was pretty fun to be fair, plane gets hijacked, one of the passengers is a vampire who is trying to repress her hunger for blood for the sake of her human child.

As you'd imagine all hell breaks loose on the plane and it turns into a blood bath.

6/10

I watched that... not bad as it goes

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Free Guy - 9/10

Fantastic film. Doesn’t take itself too seriously and has some fantastic cameos.

From the trailer it looked like a movie that was made for Ryan Reynolds. Can't wait to watch it! 

• Upvote 1

The Magnificent Seven (2016)

It was okay, I guess. Beautiful scenery, some great action and an impressive cast. Other than that though? Extremely flat characters. More like gimmicks rather than in-depth characters. So you really didn't even feel anything for them when something happened to them etc. Dialogue and logic were a bit meh too. 

5.5/10

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Tommy said:

The Magnificent Seven (2016)

It was okay, I guess. Beautiful scenery, some great action and an impressive cast. Other than that though? Extremely flat characters. More like gimmicks rather than in-depth characters. So you really didn't even feel anything for them when something happened to them etc. Dialogue and logic were a bit meh too. 

5.5/10

Man i forget they did a remake of that one. It was really disappointing despite the strong cast. The original's great though :)

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber

Monster-in-Law (2005) - Jennifer Lopez & Jane Fonda - 7.5/10

A good laugh for a Sunday night, the wife picked it and I thought yuk but then quite enjoyed it.

The love life of Charlotte is reduced to an endless string of disastrous blind dates, until she meets the perfect man, Kevin. Unfortunately, his merciless mother will do anything to destroy their relationship.

• Subscriber

Started rewatching The Matrix trilogy. Just finished the original tonight, still as good as always. It blew my mind when I first watched it as a teen, but I think I actually appreciate it more now...

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Waylander said:

Not so much a movie yet I watched it like one on Youtube all 5hours.

Stephen King's, The Stand from the 90s.

Thought it was good. 

I loved it when it first came out in the 90s, but tried rewatching it a few years ago and thought it didn't age well... 

That said, it's still much, much better than the new remake from 2020. So disappointing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

I loved it when it first came out in the 90s, but tried rewatching it a few years ago and thought it didn't age well... 

That said, it's still much, much better than the new remake from 2020. So disappointing.

In the original I was very impressed with Mother Abigail and Randalf Flagg characters thought both were very good.

I have had a few ESP experiences too so may be one reason why I enjoyed it more than most. 

• Upvote 1