talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

On 18/10/2021 at 00:38, Waylander said:

I saw a murder mystery film some years ago and I can remember the story yet not the actors or title.

It was set in suburban USA and concerned a couple that had moved into a house and the husband starts getting visions of a young girl.

He later finds out she has gone missing and through the visions believes she is buried in his house.

He starts digging in a major way and attracting negative attention from the neighbours and then eventually finds the body.

It then becomes a thriller.....

Can anyone identify and name the film?

Stir of Echoes, Kevin Bacon is your man.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Are you related to @Bluewolf, by any chance? xD 

Well, if he is good looking, kind hearted, decent in the kitchen and also doesn't read before he speaks then yes xD

My bad, it's a Male thing. We can't help ourselves.

Edited by Lucas
  • Haha 2

• Subscriber
On 17/10/2021 at 16:38, Waylander said:

I saw a murder mystery film some years ago and I can remember the story yet not the actors or title.

It was set in suburban USA and concerned a couple that had moved into a house and the husband starts getting visions of a young girl.

He later finds out she has gone missing and through the visions believes she is buried in his house.

He starts digging in a major way and attracting negative attention from the neighbours and then eventually finds the body.

It then becomes a thriller.....

Can anyone identify and name the film?

Man I cant believe noone helped you out with this, its Stir of Echoes of course! With Kevan Bacon too. Youre welcome ^_^

Edited by Viva la FCB
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

The girl with all the gifts. 8/10

Very good british zombie film. Unlike some zombie films people who arent a massive zombie fan may like it. It is a lot more about the story and moral questions than alot of zombie films. It does drag abit in the middle otherwise I would have given it 9/10. Interestingly the fungi that causes it does actually exist and does turn some bugs into zombies. But it cant infect humans in real life. At the moment at least 

@Bluewolf you might like this one 

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

The girl with all the gifts. 8/10

Very good british zombie film. Unlike some zombie films people who arent a massive zombie fan may like it. It is a lot more about the story and moral questions than alot of zombie films. It does drag abit in the middle otherwise I would have given it 9/10. Interestingly the fungi that causes it does actually exist and does turn some bugs into zombies. But it cant infect humans in real life. At the moment at least 

@Bluewolf you might like this one 

I will see if I can find it and give it a watch... 

2 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Man I cant believe noone helped you out with this, its Stir of Echoes of course! With Kevan Bacon too. Youre welcome ^_^

Actually Nudge beat you too it, yet thanks for confirming.

Having had ESP experiences 4 or 5 times also like the Lovely Bones, with Walhburg and an interesting cameo from Susan Sarandon.

• Subscriber

Movie binge night for me as the wife is around our daughters for a ladies night drink and staying the night, so for me, so far, I have watched...

Man on Fire (2004) - Denzil Washington - top marks for me but I fucking hated the ending bit, a pity they never made a part 2 where he survived.

Eraser (1996) - Arnold Schwarzenegger - 8/10, can't say how many times I have watched this film but I love old Arnie films. 

Now ready to watch Independence Day - (1996) - Will Smith - 7/10.

Hic :hh:

• Upvote 1

Saw Den of Thieves last night.

Found it enjoyable though Gerard Butler's LA cop seemed so unlikable and out of control I kind of wanted the bad guys to win.

Liked the story as it twists around and the shootout towards the end was good.

One thing I couldn't work out was how one of the guys got away with the money.

Assuming that is explained and I missed it would conclude a good ending.

8 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Movie binge night for me as the wife is around our daughters for a ladies night drink and staying the night, so for me, so far, I have watched...

Man on Fire (2004) - Denzil Washington - top marks for me but I fucking hated the ending bit, a pity they never made a part 2 where he survived.

Eraser (1996) - Arnold Schwarzenegger - 8/10, can't say how many times I have watched this film but I love old Arnie films. 

Now ready to watch Independence Day - (1996) - Will Smith - 7/10.

Hic :hh:

Aha Man on Fire II, III, IV, V......... I think they got it right and so created a cult movie.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Waylander said:

Aha Man on Fire II, III, IV, V......... I think they got it right and so created a cult movie.

Aye, to many times they ruin a good film with the follow ups, when they were trying to find the 'Voice' this  sprung to mind xD

download.png

• Like 1

A quiet place.

5/10. It has great reviews but I  just didnt enjoy it. I do normally like films like this but I just found it to slow and not very interesting 

• Subscriber
On 27/10/2021 at 16:44, Gunnersauraus said:

A quiet place.

5/10. It has great reviews but I  just didnt enjoy it. I do normally like films like this but I just found it to slow and not very interesting 

I thought I was the only one, I really didnt care for it either. Didnt find it tense really or scary. Kinda bored. 

I really wanted to like it to, I love Emily Blunt and John Kransinski. 

Edited by Viva la FCB

• 2 weeks later...