talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

• 2 weeks later...

We just watched the new Ghostbusters Afterlife film.

It was quite a fun watch actually, good choice of cast. Had a bit of a 'Stranger Things' vibe to it (and not just because one of the main characters is in it) but vastly improved from that abomination a few years ago with the all female cast.

The scene with all the mini stay puft marshmallow men running about in Walmart was brilliantly done.

Some classic easter eggs and references to the originala too if you are familiar and of course, one or two surprises.

Won't spoil anything for anyone that wants to watch it but definitely worth a watch through to the end, midway and after the credits.

Good fun.

Vanilla Sky - Yes, I would also have made a movie just to make out with circa 2000 Penelope Cruz, Tom Cruise is the thinking man's man. It's an interesting film, I hear the original Spanish language is better.

I know what you did last summer - I wasn't expecting to like this movie but I did. A fun slasher flick in the vein of Scream, might be even better than Scream in some ways. A fun watch.

• Subscriber

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (2016) Tom Cruise - Action/Crime/Mystery - 6.0/10

Bloody hell, I only watched this the other night because there was nothing else on but, although Cruise will NEVER be a Jack Reacher, I quite enjoyed the film despite reading the book and Tom Crusie as Reacher is a small, skinny little runt at 5ft 6 inches I think it is and Reacher in the books is 6ft 4 inches and built like a brick shit house.

13 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (2016) Tom Cruise - Action/Crime/Mystery - 6.0/10

Bloody hell, I only watched this the other night because there was nothing else on but, although Cruise will NEVER be a Jack Reacher, I quite enjoyed the film despite reading the book and Tom Crusie as Reacher is a small, skinny little runt at 5ft 6 inches I think it is and Reacher in the books is 6ft 4 inches and built like a brick shit house.

This is what I mentioned before

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Waylander said:

This is what I mentioned before

download.png

Might as well keep this in the right thread, I have said all along that Liam Neeson would make an ideal Jack Reacher, although Reacher is 6ft 5inc tall, Neeson is over 6ft and weighs around 15 stone which shits all over Cruise at 5ft 4. xD

• Subscriber
47 minutes ago, Waylander said:

The thing is the movie industry is so scared of not making money they will employ a pint-sized celebrity over an unknown  bearing a greater similarity to the real character.

A shame yet there it is.

I don't know if this was bull shit or not but the old film star Alan Ladd who was only 5ft 6inc tall, they said that when he was kissing a girl in a movie who was taller than him they made him stand on a crate to make him look taller.  xD

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

I don't know if this was bull shit or not but the old film star Alan Ladd who was only 5ft 6inc tall, they said that when he was kissing a girl in a movie who was taller than him they made him stand on a crate to make him look taller.  xD

I liked him in Shane though didn't realise he was that short.

Small soldiers 8/10

Entertaining film about toy soldiers that start attacking everybody after a military chip is put in them 😂  Surprising violent,  I think it got a 12 even though the plot would suggest its aimed at kids 

What Women want 

7/10

Sunday afternoon lighthearted movie watch today, its essentially a chic flick but I actually ended up enjoying it.

Mel Gibson plays a self obsessed sexist womaniser who has his nose pushed out of joint at work by a new women taking a promotion he thought was his. He then has an electrical accident at home and wakes being able to hear the thoughts of all women. 

It's pretty amusing to he fair. Defo a proper woman's movie though. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Waylander said:

Haven't see a book thread so will post here.

Just read the latest Jack Reacher offering, The Sentinel.

Co-written with his son Andrew.

Enjoyed it and a while since my last Reacher book.

Good story with a number of twists and for me a good ending.

1917 -9/10

I’m a sucker for war movies and I cry like your mum watching a romcom, and I’m not joking, war movies extract tears from me like Saudis extract oil from the earth. Only a couple of things I disliked, some of the coincidences during the farm scene were a bit much, the trenches seemingly being separated in a strange way, (the German trench is in between two British trenches?) And lastly more of a historical nitpick, the British army kept ethnics in seperate battalions at the time, so except under extreme circumstances there wouldn’t be token Sikhs and Blacks out and about, though I guess it is implied one of the groups is ragtag because each character had a different accent. It has no effect on the quality if the film unless you are racist or a history freak haha

Edited by Spike

Breaker Morant 9/10

A bunch of Aussie soldier commit a war crime in South Africa and are court-marshalled by the British military in a stunning display of lack of self-awareness and hypocrisy of war (nobles and politicians declare a war on a nation and then punish soldiers for carrying out their atrocities for them).  Nowadays they are given medals and their defence is paid by multi-million dollar corporations. Instead of taking responsibility as the aggressor Britain  simply pushes the blame onto a few low-ranking officers as a political move to suggest the end of the conflict. 

Intriguing film, because they are never portrayed as innocent but they are portrayed as doing no less than everyone else during the conflict and are subsequently the few that are punished. Due process and a fair trial are undermined as the court never intended on pardoning them, having already decided their fate before the trial begins. Ultimately showing no more mercy and honesty than the war criminals they punish, making the whole charade an exercise in hypocrisy. Really resulting in the question, ‘what is a war crime?’ an arbitrary exercise in morality post the fact. Six dead POWs is an offence tried and punished but two nukes on civilians isn’t. Bizarre justice. Also this all happened once upona time

Fantaric film

Edited by Spike

Halloween Kills - 5/10 

Most of that score is because of how well done the flashback scenes were. I HATED the whole lynch mob plot though. Can’t say I’m at all interested in seeing the third. 

Face/Off - 2/10 

I switched it off about and hour or so in. I know it’s mean to be over the top , but I couldn’t stand how over acted it was by both men. The pacing was terrible, the script was a joke and the action was forgettable. I really don’t understand the love this film gets from a lot of people. Fucking rubbish. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, nudge said:

I have no idea why you quoted me, but that actually looks like an interesting series... xD Have you watched it?

I have no idea myself why I quoted you. But it does indeed look interesting 🤣

• Haha 1