talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

went to go watch the Batman.   is detail better than the justice league Batman and there are some things in the movie that felt good.  

the movie drags to long and the longer it goes the more the weak character scripting and ideological tropes start to come through.

worth watching but cannot touch Christopher Nolan's dark knight

• Subscriber

Blacklight (2022) - Liam Neeson, Aiden Quin, Taylor John Smith - Action/Thriller - 7.5/10

Not bad but I have seen better with Neeson.

Travis Block, a shadowy Government agent who specializes in removing operatives whose covers are exposed.

Thor,  9/10

Got to admit I've always looked at Marvel movies as a bit geeky but the other week my daughter made me watch End Games and I loved it. So basically I'm gonna try watch the all.

Thor first up, absolutely loved it. Right up my street and how stunning is Natalie Portman in the movie.

Once upon a time in Hollywood. 8/10

Got more and more compelling as it went on, brilliant in spots (Di Caprios scenes as the bandit, Margot watching her own movie, Brad Pitt at the Manson ranch, and the ending) 

But lots of dead scenes. Not on par with Tarentinos best work (Inglorious Basterds, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill) But better than his worst (Jackie Brown)

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Once upon a time in Hollywood. 8/10

Got more and more compelling as it went on, brilliant in spots (Di Caprios scenes as the bandit, Margot watching her own movie, Brad Pitt at the Manson ranch, and the ending) 

But lots of dead scenes. Not on par with Tarentinos best work (Inglorious Basterds, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill) But better than his worst (Jackie Brown)

Heard the Spahn Ranch set was incredibly accurate. I personally have this 2nd to Inglorious Bastards. 

I also just now realised that oriental girl that was set on fire at the end was also in Scream (2022), who was also set on fire...😂

Edited by Cicero

I finally got around to watching Once upon a time in Hollywood. 

7/10

Probably hyped it up too much in my head, so a 7 could also be generous, I thought there were some good moments, dialogue, etc I just really thought Margot Robbie’s character was a bit pointless… and yeh she did connect to the “main story” at the end I guess and Leo’s character then I presume is “in” again, but meh. 

Edited by Toinho

• Subscriber

Uncharted - 8/10 I probably rate this higher then it should be because im a big fan of the games. It had lots of little easter eggs there to satisfy me in between the cool action scenes. Tom Holland surprised me a bit he played a fairly good Nathan Drake in the end and didnt look like a little boy anymore. Still wasnt entirely convinced of Marky Mark playing Sully.. the lines fit but eh it was just Wahlberg. I get why they casted who they did in hopes of making a series star power etc and if they do make more Ill definitely watch them anyways. 

Rambo last blood 8/10

Had everything you want in an action movie, bad guys you are truly made to hate and a revenge so sweet even the sight of a removed heart has you fist pumping in glory.

Sly rolled back the clock for me with this one. Old School action movies were the best.

• Subscriber

Peppermint (2018) - Jennifer Garner, John Ortiz - Thriller - 8.5/10

Five years after her husband and daughter are killed in a senseless act of violence, a woman comes back from self-imposed exile to seek revenge against those responsible and the system that let them go free.

Watched 'The Kitchen' last night... 

See the source image

Bit of a serious role for Melissa McCarthy for a change.. when the 3 wives of some hoods take over their operation in order to keep some money coming in and the consequences of that.. I will be honest, it was not bad and had a few twists in as well.. 7/10 for me.. 

• Subscriber
On 31/03/2022 at 19:28, Bluewolf said:

Bit of a serious role for Melissa McCarthy for a change.. when the 3 wives of some hoods take over their operation in order to keep some money coming in and the consequences of that.. I will be honest, it was not bad and had a few twists in as well.. 7/10 for me.. 

Good film and I would give that an 8.0/10, even the wife sat through it and watched it. 

• Upvote 1

Boiling point      9/10

Steven Graham my favourite actor does it again, just a fantastic actor. The movie is based around a busy restaurant kitchen with Graham's character under incredible pressure from work and life circumstances.

Almost felt like a fly on the walk documentary. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

A Tale of Two Wives (2003) - Comedy/Drama - 7.5/10

It's listed as a comedy but a drama more likely, quite enjoyed it with none of the blood and guts and bonking, worth a watch with your other half.

Bill Goodman is a slick, wealthy, celebrated psychiatrist, who leads a double life. He has a wife and daughter in New York. At the same time, the bigamist has another wife in London. Despite his long absences on 'business trips', both little families lived in domestic bliss, totally oblivious of each-others existence.