talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

Will look the right one up in a minute and save it, this is the movie I watched which was bloody good. xD

I will have to watch that one next then. The Northman just came out last week in theatre only I believe. Sam director as The VVitch and The Lighthouse if you have seen those 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Northman

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Spike said:

The Northman just came out last week in theatre only I believe. Sam director as The VVitch and The Lighthouse if you have seen those 

Checked with my Amazon and you are right, it's not been released yet but once it does then I will buy or rent it.

Moonfall

What on earth have I just seen?? Wow. Absolute pile of garbage. 

It's a shame, because visually, some of the scenes are incredible, exaxtly what you want to see in a disaster/end of the world, kinda movie.

But in all honesty, this seriously dragged on longer than it needed to be. I kinda thought the plot was a bit too wide and complex to the point it made things way too hard to believe. Not only that but it lacked any kind of charm, it all felt rather bland.

About the only character you cared for was John Bradley's who added a touch of humour to things but other than that, I didn't care much for Halle Berry or Patrick Wilson.

It will be interesting what the more hardcore sci-fi fans make of it, it could just be me that seriously pans it but I really struggled to see it out.

3/10, which actually makes me feel I was perhaps a little too harsh on Uncharted at 5.

That's two or three movies lately I've struggled to get into, think I may need to revisit a classic to establish a balance in proceedings.

Edited by Lucas
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Lucas said:

What on earth have I just seen?? Wow. Absolute pile of garbage. 

It's a shame, because visually, some of the scenes are incredible, exaxtly what you want to see in a disaster/end of the world, kinda movie.

My thoughts exactly.... 

32 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

The Bridge on the River Kwai (1957) Alec Guinness/Jack Hawkings - 9/10

A Golden Oldie and a classic, can't say how many times I have watched this but it's great if you like anything like this.

Been meaning to watch it for yeara

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Spike said:

Been meaning to watch it for yeara

Not your normal war film with bullets, bombs every 5 minutes but great to watch and the acting is superb, as we grew up in the Tilbury Docks area, Essex, my mother would tell us how she saw POWs being returned after WWII by ship in the docks from Japanese prisoner of war camps, some prisoners were permanently bent and could hardly walk as they were shut in cages for years, others were just skin & bones.

The film won loads of awards and Alec Guinness won the academy award for the best actor, the marching song haunts me to this day.

• Subscriber

Hang Em High (1968) Western - Clint Eastwood - 7.5/10

You can never beat a Clint Eastwood western.

When an innocent man barely survives a lynching, he returns as a lawman determined to bring the vigilantes to justice.

Edited by CaaC (John)

Kellys Heroes 1970 - caught the movie last night due to getting home late after a family get together.

Eastwood and Savalas are on the Western theatre in WWII in Northern France or Belgium and their CO takes off for a long weekend and after capturing a German officer realise there are 100's of gold bars in a Bank about 40 miles into enemy territory. Eastwood after having been demoted for a military cock-up that was not his fault persuades a platoon of soldiers to go after the gold behind enemy lines.

A funny film, on the one hand some decent fight scenes yet also comic moments when their frustrated general thinks some enterprising officer has decided to take the front forward on his own and admires his actions.

When they get to the town they face three tiger tanks with supporting infantry and so a plan develops that reminds me of the Day of the Jackal.

Donald Sutherland also plays an eccentric Sherman tank officer.

As an older military vet once said to me, in all operations they never go exactly to plan there is always something that goes wrong or some unexpected hiccup.

Difficult to rate this - 7.5/10.

13 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'm watching pirates of the caribbean on edibles. This movie fucking rocks dude. 

I had the first two on DVD. Watched them all the time. Fuck I wish I was 10 still

31 minutes ago, Spike said:

I had the first two on DVD. Watched them all the time. Fuck I wish I was 10 still

That's the curse of our generation, hence me watching a nostalgic movie on edibles. I think it was Nick Mullen who said "Nostalgia is our generations dialysis machine" because the present/future sucks so we live in the past, ironically making a time machine to our own demise. 

35 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

That's the curse of our generation, hence me watching a nostalgic movie on edibles. I think it was Nick Mullen who said "Nostalgia is our generations dialysis machine" because the present/future sucks so we live in the past, ironically making a time machine to our own demise. 

I was looking at Playsation magazine covers from the late 90s and early 00s earlier. How sad is that I got a surge of endorphins when I saw a couple I read as a kid

15 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'm watching pirates of the caribbean on edibles. This movie fucking rocks dude. 

To this day, I still think that first movie is one of the best films I have watched.

• Subscriber

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore - 7/10Much better then the second, overall pretty fun again with a half decent plot at least. Still not nearly as good as the first but it did go more in that direction again which was great to see. Probably a tad long and dragged at times also would be my other complaint. 

Choose or die 

Netflix new release, basically a horror film. Movie revolves around a computer game that instructs its players to choose options that could result in someone's death. 

Terrible movie, mainly due to it clearly being shot in England with British actors putting on American accents, it also keeps showing long shots of the New York projects.

Worth a watch just to see how bad it actually is.

4/10

• Subscriber

Went to the cinema last night with a few mates from work for the first time in ages. Watched the new Doctor Strange film. I thought it was a lot better than a lot of the post-Avengers Marvel offerings. Almost a different genre in a lot of ways but I enjoyed it for what it was. Certainly the biggest acid trip of a film I've seen for a long time. 7/10.

6 hours ago, MUFC said:

Rise of the Footsoldier 2, I enjoyed the first one. The second one was like a contest. Who can say You fucking cunt the most - 5/10.

The Marbella one is even worse, they kinda try and make a comedy out of it in Amsterdam.

• Thanks 1