talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

Fresh (2022)

I saw the trailer and expected the movie to be very twisted and dark. But this went beyond what I expected. It starts like a rom-com and gets fucked up very quickly. xD I enjoyed it though. I thought it was very entertaining. Sebastian Stan is one hell of an actor. Daisy Edgar-Jones was remarkable too. First move I've seen her in. 

7.5/10

• Subscriber
On 27/04/2022 at 19:34, Spike said:

Maybe even older! but that is pretty neat, and i’m sure there are heaps of treasures scattered about the north isles of scotland

those chess pieces made from whale teeth iI think were norse made and found in scotland

A.png

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, nudge said:

Moonfall (2022) 

Wtf did I just watch? xD I don't do weed, but I really really wanted to get high watching this movie. Completely mental xD

Good or bad?

I just watched the trailer. It was quite something. So I can imagine what the whole movie must have felt like. xD

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Good or bad?

I just watched the trailer. It was quite something. So I can imagine what the whole movie must have felt like. xD

Awful xD nothing makes sense, and it looks like they crammed everything they could think of in a single movie xD but I must admit I was amused, so I don't regret watching it 😂

• Haha 1

On 30/04/2022 at 14:58, CaaC (John) said:

The Bridge on the River Kwai (1957) Alec Guinness/Jack Hawkings - 9/10

A Golden Oldie and a classic, can't say how many times I have watched this but it's great if you like anything like this.

I also thought that was a great film too.

A David Lean film.

Lean the tea boy to film director story.

Can't see that happening any more. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Waylander said:

I also thought that was a great film too.

A David Lean film.

Lean the tea boy to film director story.

Can't see that happening any more. 

A lot of the old films are the bee's knees to me, films that you can sit down with the wife and kids and watch without a lot of blood and gore and women running around naked with their boobs bouncing up and down and even men with their privates swinging in the wind. xD

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

A lot of the old films are the bee's knees to me, films that you can sit down with the wife and kids and watch without a lot of blood and gore and women running around naked with their boobs bouncing up and down and even men with their privates swinging in the wind. xD

The way they built up the characters, the evocative sounds of the forest when they encounter the  Japanese Patrol and the tragedy at the river.

The prisoners largely being unaware and carry on oblivious and whistling,

Just so interesting and unexpected.

I have heard a few stories from family about their participation in WWII and the fateful decisions people sometimes made.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

The wife was watching some movie the other day which was a load of rubbish so all I did was put my earpieces in and went into my film section on this laptop and watched the original in b&w of The Longest Day (1962), can't remember how my times I have watched this film but that and The Battle of the Bulge (1965) are 2 of my favourite war movies

20 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

The wife was watching some movie the other day which was a load of rubbish so all I did was put my earpieces in and went into my film section on this laptop and watched the original in b&w of The Longest Day (1962), can't remember how my times I have watched this film but that and The Battle of the Bulge (1965) are 2 of my favourite war movies

Yes they were good and so was a Bridge Too Far. 

• Subscriber

Top Gun - 8/10 In preperation for watching the new one coming up went and rewatched this classic. I still think it holds up pretty well, the action scenes in the plane are still pretty good. I do love the cheesieness of 80 action movies and specifically the soundtracks are kind of hilarious. 

17 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Top Gun - 8/10 In preperation for watching the new one coming up went and rewatched this classic. I still think it holds up pretty well, the action scenes in the plane are still pretty good. I do love the cheesieness of 80 action movies and specifically the soundtracks are kind of hilarious. 

The Honest Trailer for Top Gun is still the best of the series. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Watched 83 with the missus last night. 

Was good, enjoyed it. Knew of the tournament win but didn't know of some of the other nuggets and smaller but influential and pivotal parts of the win. 

My dad managed to get a ticket too for the final and he recalls the moment everyone went on the pitch and celebrated. 

I had no idea how underrated and unfavoured India were before the tournament, or even during it. And almost disrespected by some arrogant individuals. The David Frith 'eating his words' story was amusing. Kapil Dev really was brilliant on and off the pitch. The only one who really believed from the start. 

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Just trying to watch the first Top Gun. It's a bit cringy, no?

I would say yes the first top gun was cringe but not in a bad way.  Ultimately it was an adrenaline rush.   Maverick has the same cheese in it and throwback lines but the action is full on entertaining.   I was worried it was going to be a "the message" movie with a pomp female that comes in and owns the place but even that never happened.   It was a good throwback movie. 

• Upvote 1

Oh yea, I finished Top Gun.

Cheesy music, corny dialogue, and it looked like all the fighter pilots wanted to bang each other. Actually quotes: "I want somebody's butt, I want it now", "That gives me a hard-on" - "Don't tease me", then Val Kilmer doing some weird mouth stuff to Tom Cruise's character. No wonder @OrangeKhrushdidn't want a woman in the 2nd part. :ph34r:

Anyway, glad to have watched it so I can watch the 2nd part, but I'm also glad that I got through it. xD

4/10

The honest trailer is spot-on. xD

14 hours ago, Tommy said:

Cheesy music, corny dialogue, and it looked like all the fighter pilots wanted to bang each other. Actually quotes: "I want somebody's butt, I want it now", "That gives me a hard-on" - "Don't tease me", then Val Kilmer doing some weird mouth stuff to Tom Cruise's character. No wonder @OrangeKhrushdidn't want a woman in the 2nd part. :ph34r:

Anyway, glad to have watched it so I can watch the 2nd part, but I'm also glad that I got through it. xD

4/10

both movies have cheesy dialogue and a very simple plot, but that for me is why both movies are good.  cocky flyboys that are the best of the best go to a flight school where they learn advanced manouvers but they also learn how to become a team, the same arch is carried over to top gun maverick, lots of recycled dialogue like when rooster tells maverick "do some of that pilot shit mav" etc.

i only watch top gun for one thing and that's the adrenaline rush.  by doing most of the movie in real time it's authentic and all of the cast had to undergo extreme fitness preparations for their roles, they had to learn to take up to 6Gs including negative Gs.

both are 9/10 good casting, and competent movie making.

The Northman - 6/10

Beautifully directed but I couldn't get into the plot at all. I'm sure there is some authenticity with the Slavic/Viking history with its story telling, but truth be told I fell asleep mid way through. 

Also irked me watching a 45 year old having sex with a 25 year old. 

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, Tommy said:

4/10

It is the perfect 80s action movie. I love that they used like the same 3 songs for the soundtrack throughout. Now go watch the sequel in theatres :D

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

It is the perfect 80s action movie. I love that they used like the same 3 songs for the soundtrack throughout. Now go watch the sequel in theatres :D

[Take my breath away intensifies]

• Haha 1