talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

• Subscriber
23 hours ago, Tommy said:

The Unbearable Weight of a Massive Talent (2022)

Peak Nicolas Cage. Exactly what I expected from the trailer. But in the end, for me, it was Pedro Pascal who carried the movie for the most part. Hilarious movie, but still with a good plot and heartfelt moments. Loved it. 

Fuck it, 9/10

God I need to see this still. Just too many things in theatres I figured this could wait to watch at home. 

• Upvote 1

Love and monsters 7 1/2 out of 10.

I couldn't quite give this film 8 of 10 but thought it was more than 7 so gave it 7 1/2

The plot basically involves huge monsters that have mutated from bugs and amphibians because there was a meteor heading to earth which they blew up and the radiation caused the mutations.

This guy is trying to get to his girlfriend.

Simple plot but really entertaining.

Free Guy

7/10 

Not bad, quite predictable with the whole boy and girl fall for each other thing, and I was also a bit unimpressed with how easy the conflict was resolved. However, I enjoyed the idea of the film!

Jurassic World Dominion

I'm going to keep this kind and not be too harsh as I grew up loving Jurassic Park.

The third film of the newer one's is definitely the weakest and there is far too much going on that its easy to lose interest. Two ridiculous plots interwined that over complicate everything and the film runs far too long.

There are some really cool bits though, not least with one particular scene containing Bryce Dallas Howard that actually ramps up some great tension and cinematography. Not to mention seeing some new dinosaurs enter the fray and the action sequences that involve them.

And obviously it was cool to see the likes of Sam Neill, Jeff Goldblum and Laura Dern play substantial parts back from the original.

But as each film came out, its only made me appreciate just how good the original was and there is only so much you can do with that concept.

Definitely time to call it quits now.

Edited by Lucas

Top Gun Maverick.

Brilliant. Utterly, utterly brilliant.

Most fun I've had watching a movie for a long time. They just absolutely nailed everything about it from the story, which was thoroughly engaging, to the characters that were really likeable. Miles Teller is great in this as is Jennifer Connolly but it's Tom Cruise's show and he absolutely runs it.

And for the action sequences alone, I am so so glad I saw it at the Cinema. It just doesn't do it justice if you don't.

I'll 100% watch this again.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent - 8/10 Hilariously great. Pedro Pascal nearly steals the show. Set your mind free and just enjoy the ride.

21860a40cb3c920af5dc9eeef72adda7e47a1307

• Like 1

The Kingsman: Secret Service 

9/10

Had seen it when it came out but wow what a movie. Got everything I love in it. (Except No Tim Cahill). Just a pure brilliant film. 

The Kingsman: The Golden Circle 

6.5/10 

Had not seen it before and I was so hyped but I just didn’t love it. Had its moments but I didn’t like the whole arm thing. 

King’s Man

7/10

Better than the second. I’m legit still in shock from one scene.

Edited by Toinho
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Toinho said:

9/10

Had seen it when it came out but wow what a movie. Got everything I love in it. (Except No Tim Cahill). Just a pure brilliant film. 

6.5/10 

Had not seen it before and I was so hyped but I just didn’t love it. Had its moments but I didn’t like the whole arm thing. 

King’s Man

7/10

The trailers make them look really, really bad. 'Ello Oim a Bri'ish badarse I am, pip pip and tallyho, mind the gap'. I'm sure they are good but I can't bring myself to watch.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Toinho said:

9/10

6.5/10 

King’s Man

7/10

Loved the first one, enjoyed the second one (although yeah, it was really silly), but haven't watched the latest one as I was discouraged by the trailer and some reviews. Yours is probably the first positive one I've read, so I'm now considering giving it a go :D 

5 hours ago, nudge said:

Loved the first one, enjoyed the second one (although yeah, it was really silly), but haven't watched the latest one as I was discouraged by the trailer and some reviews. Yours is probably the first positive one I've read, so I'm now considering giving it a go :D 

Loved both films but especially the first one. The only thing that totally baffled me was the crazy sexual reference at the end of one of the movies (can't remember which one).

It was so out of tune with the whole movie me and the missus were just looking at eachother like why???

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Devil said:

Loved both films but especially the first one. The only thing that totally baffled me was the crazy sexual reference at the end of one of the movies (can't remember which one).

It was so out of tune with the whole movie me and the missus were just looking at eachother like why???

Yeh first movie I think you’re talking about haha