talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, nudge said:

But I can't get past the first few minutes of Tom Cruise in a drunken raging state :( xD 

He just has a baby faced look and you could not picture him like an ugly crazed killer like, say, Bronson, Neesen etc but as @Tommy said he did look the part in Collateral.

Imagine him as Hannibal Lecter!! O.o

download (1).png

8 hours ago, nudge said:

The only movie with Tom Cruise that I managed to watch from start to finish and actually like despite Tom Cruise being in it was Minority Report. I also think he was fantastic in Born on the Fourth of July. 

I really, really wanted to watch The Last Samurai for ages, I think it would be a perfect movie for me due to subject matter. But I can't get past the first few minutes of Tom Cruise in a drunken raging state :( xD 

American made. 

That's a good movie of his if you haven't watched it. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 30/10/2022 at 04:57, nudge said:

The only movie with Tom Cruise that I managed to watch from start to finish and actually like despite Tom Cruise being in it was Minority Report. I also think he was fantastic in Born on the Fourth of July. 

I really, really wanted to watch The Last Samurai for ages, I think it would be a perfect movie for me due to subject matter. But I can't get past the first few minutes of Tom Cruise in a drunken raging state :( xD 

Watch it. The Last Samurai is fantastic :D

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
31 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Watch it. The Last Samurai is fantastic :D

I know, and I tried several times... What I need is replacing Cruise with some deepfake throughout the movie xD Tom Hardy deepfake will do :ph34r:

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

On a side note, I haven't been watching many movies lately, but I forgot to post about this one:

MV5BZDk1NWY0ZTAtNTNkZi00NTNiLWFiMDktYjFk

The Greatest Beer Run Ever (2022)

Nothing extraordinary, but a thoroughly enjoyable movie based on real events. Zac Efron plays Chickie Donohue, a fella everyone sees as a bit of a loser, who decides to travel from New York to Vietnam in the middle of the war in order to bring beers to his neighbourhood friends fighting there. 

6.5/10

1 hour ago, nudge said:

On a side note, I haven't been watching many movies lately, but I forgot to post about this one:

Nothing extraordinary, but a thoroughly enjoyable movie based on real events. Zac Efron plays Chickie Donohue, a fella everyone sees as a bit of a loser, who decides to travel from New York to Vietnam in the middle of the war in order to bring beers to his neighbourhood friends fighting there. 

6.5/10

I've never heard of that one, do these Apple movies make it to the movies or do they only make it to their streaming channel?

If it is the case they only make it to the streaming channel I don't like the way movies are going, I loved the traditional big screen followed by general release system. Netflix, apple and even Disney seem to be throwing out movies for fun at lower budgets.

40 years from now there won't be any classics, just thousands of rushed low budget movies thrown out to keep streaming service customers happy.

Edited by Devil
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Devil said:

I've never heard of that one, do these Apple movies make it to the movies or do they only make it to their streaming channel?

If it is the case they only make it to the streaming channel I don't like the way movies are going, I loved the traditional big screen followed by general release system. Netflix, apple and even Disney seem to be throwing out movies for fun at lower budgets.

40 years from now there won't be any classics, just thousands of rushed low budget movies thrown out to keep streaming service customers happy.

Only in select movie theaters, I believe...

And yeah, I see where you're coming from; the quantity does seem to be the preference over actual quality these days. I don't think I would have many movies released in the last decade or so on my all-time favourites list. Actually a good idea for a thread, maybe. 

I mostly watch TV series these days, both because the length of episodes makes it much easier to fit it into the day, and also because I genuinely think that good TV series are easier to find than good movies nowadays. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, True Blue said:

Jungle Cruise (2022) classic Rok movie

6/10

Rob Roy (1995)

5/10

I am without a doubt ceratin that i haven't watched a good movie with Liam Neeson

Excalibur
Rob Roy
Schindlers motherfucking list you absolute plonker
Gangs of new york
Batman Begins
The first taken movie.

Off the top of my head. 

• Haha 2

Susperia (1977)

6/10

No plot, just vibes. Great lighting and music.

Susperia (2018)

7/10

More plot, less vibes. A couple of genuinely uncomfortable to watch horror scenes, an actual plot with an actual payoff. Also, Tilda Swinton is immense in her roles. Overly long, mildly convoluted ending and the weird b plot shit about Lufthansa drag it down a bit. There was a classic here and it was lost. 

On 01/11/2022 at 11:59, nudge said:

6.5/10

Holy advertising batman

19 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Susperia (1977)

6/10

No plot, just vibes. Great lighting and music.

Susperia (2018)

7/10

More plot, less vibes. A couple of genuinely uncomfortable to watch horror scenes, an actual plot with an actual payoff. Also, Tilda Swinton is immense in her roles. Overly long, mildly convoluted ending and the weird b plot shit about Lufthansa drag it down a bit. There was a classic here and it was lost. 

Get the fuck outta here. The Dario Argento original is great, classic giallo cinema

6 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

If it had more than the barest thread of a plot it'd be an 8. 

Again, lighting and music spectacular. 
Acting is patchy, plot is almost non existent, horror is mid. 

It's a giallo film, nobody watches a giallo film for plot you went into it expecting something else. The acting is patchy because it's dubbed, it isn't a horror.

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

But there are horror themes and scenes, and they are mid. 
I watched it in Italian. 

I don't see how they are mediocre in any manner. It isn't in Italian, it's quite literally dubbed in every language. The filming process was hampered by the fact that every actor spoke their lines in a different language.

Stop using Zoom zoom slang

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

I don't see how they are mediocre in any manner. It isn't in Italian, it's quite literally dubbed in every language. The filming process was hampered by the fact that every actor spoke their lines in a different language.

Stop using Zoom zoom slang

No fucking wonder it was fucking mediocre hahahaha.

Look, you could have made the movie about fucking anything and the lights and sounds would have been real pretty. But the rest of the film is unspectacular. I don't care if 'it's supposed to be unspectacular cos it's a Massimo Luigi film and they're meant to be like that'.

I enjoyed it. I gave it the above average score it deserved. I enjoyed the remake more. 

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

No fucking wonder it was fucking mediocre hahahaha.

Look, you could have made the movie about fucking anything and the lights and sounds would have been real pretty. But the rest of the film is unspectacular. I don't care if 'it's supposed to be unspectacular cos it's a Massimo Luigi film and they're meant to be like that'.

I enjoyed it. I gave it the above average score it deserved. I enjoyed the remake more. 

Well is it mediocre or above average? Make up your mind ffs xD