talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

At Eternity's Gate (2019)

I can see that it probably isn't the average movie watcher's cup of tea. 

To me it felt like 70% master piece, and 30% over-enthusastic almost too artsy kind of attempt. 

They did a great job portraying van Gogh's struggle with mental health, and shooting a lot of POV stuff helped to dive into his mind. Great performances from Oscar Isaac, Rupert Friend, Mads Mikkelsen (even though he just had a mini role), and of course first and foremost Willem Dafoe.

I like van Gogh's art, and think he's a fascinating character. If you are the same, chances are high that you will enjoy this movie. If you're not interested in any of it, then this movie definitely isn't for you. 

Oh yeah, beautiful cinematography as well. 

7.5/10

Also it made me chuckle that I watched a movie about van Gogh with a van Gogh print above my TV. xD

On 02/11/2022 at 16:16, Cicero said:

Barbarian (2022) 6.5/10

Very suspenseful but a plot I feel they've done before. A combination of The Decent and Quarantine, mixed it with an Air Bnb. 

What a let down that was after a really promising trailer.

So many plot holes in the story, I lost interest three quarters of the way through.

4/10

15 hours ago, Devil said:

What a let down that was after a really promising trailer.

So many plot holes in the story, I lost interest three quarters of the way through.

4/10

I love the ex-boyfriend premise we saw in the beginning that we virtually never saw brought up again. 

7 hours ago, Cicero said:

I love the ex-boyfriend premise we saw in the beginning that we virtually never saw brought up again. 

Yeah, there were several huge things that had me scratching my head about the movie but best not mention them as people may be planning on watching it.

10 hours ago, 6666 said:

The Stranger - Extremely uncomfortable, anxiety inducing film starring Joel Edgerton. "Enjoyable" isn't the word to describe watching it but if you like constantly being on the edge then this is a film to check out.

8/10

Is it on Netflix? 95% on rotten tomatoes is pretty impressive and sounds like its worth a watch 

10 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Is it on Netflix? 95% on rotten tomatoes is pretty impressive and sounds like its worth a watch 

Yeah, that's where I watched it.

6.6 on imdb so I guess it's not for everybody. As I said, it depends on if you like being uncomfortable and on edge!

6 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Yeah, that's where I watched it.

6.6 on imdb so I guess it's not for everybody. As I said, it depends on if you like being uncomfortable and on edge!

I can't find the critic reviews on imdb. It appears it has been better recieved by critics than the general audience from what I can tell. I generally like things like this so I'll watch it 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

The Outsiders 5/10

Ass. Only redeeming quality of this film is its remarkable casting of some famous actors before they were actually famous. 

xD

Bloody hell, that's an old one to dig up, was working and living in Southend-on-Sea when me and the wife first watched it and I think around 1985 from a Blockbuster's store nearby for the weekend, and cost us £1.50 if I remember right.

The 2 actors then that caught our eyes were Patrick Swayze and Tom Cruise.

2 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Definitely on my list to watch.. might go watch in theatres as there hasnt been much for a bit here.

Yeah, that’s why I went. It was class, definitely not what I was thinking.

1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

Smile - 7/10 Decent horror flick for once, some properly creepy scenes and some good jump scares. Sosie Bacon was really good.

Really want to see this as well. Was meant to go a couple of weeks ago but had to miss it. Will have to wait for it to come out on a stream now.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Get Out (2017) - Starring Daniel Kaluuya/Bradley Whitford - Horror-Mystery-Thriller - 8.0/10

Not bad and keeps you guessing right until the end.

Spoiler

A young African-American visits his white girlfriend's parents for the weekend, where his simmering uneasiness about their reception of him eventually reaches a boiling point.

I watched a rather disturbing film last night.. 'The House That Jack Built' 2018

Image result for the house that jack built

Starring Matt Dillion and written by Lars von Trier... Apparently, it was so shocking that over a hundred people are reported to have walked out during it's premiere at the Cannes Film Festival at the time... It's not for the feint hearted that's for sure... very graphic violence and a disturbing look into the mind of a serial killer and his vision.. 8/10 

Edited by Bluewolf

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

I watched a rather disturbing film last night.. 'The House That Jack Built' 2018

Image result for the house that jack built

Starring Matt Damon and written by Lars von Trier... Apparently, it was so shocking that over a hundred people are reported to have walked out during it's premiere at the Cannes Film Festival at the time... It's not for the feint hearted that's for sure... very graphic violence and a disturbing look into the mind of a serial killer and his vision.. 8/10 

That's Matt Dillon though. 😅

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@Bluewolf I watched dredd again the other day. I know you are a judge dredd fan. I still think its a great film. Yeah the story isn't the best but it makes up for it with relentless action. And it generally got good reviews from critic's and fans. Still give it 9/10

What I enjoyed about Dredd was it stayed true to the character unlike the Stallone one where it went off the rails with him for the sake of that big blockbuster feel..

Both films have plus and negative points with regards to the world they live in so the first one was not entirely all bad but was ruined because they did stuff that was totally out of character for Dredd, where as Karl Urban and Olivia Thirlby were almost perfect as Dredd and a young Cassandra Anderson..

Sadly they didn't have the big blockbuster finances behind it so something had to give along the way regarding spend but it had grit about it. Karl Urban has always said he would like to return as Dredd if the opportunity and a decent storyline for him came along.. There are plenty of decent stories out there so hopefully someone might pick it up for a second outing in the future 

The Dark Judges would make a decent film if it had the funds... 

image.png

• Upvote 1

Barbarian - 7.5/10 

What a flick, I thought Justin Long was great in his role when others seem critical, don't spoil this one for yourselves, just go and see it. Having no prior knowledge is critical to get the best viewing experience is what I was told and my friend was correct. 

Sicario - 10/10

For what it is this is the best action/thriller of its kind in a decade. A perfectly executed film from pacing and casting to the sound and direction. 

• Upvote 1