talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

• Subscriber

Untraceable (2008) - Staring Diane Lane, Colin Hanks - Crime/Mystery/Thriller - 8.5/10

I have more than likely watched this a while back as it rang a wee bell but I enjoyed it, some of these films around that time were better than some they produce nowadays.

Spoiler

FBI agent Jennifer Marsh is tasked with hunting down a seemingly untraceable serial killer who posts live videos of his victims on the Internet. As time runs out, the cat-and-mouse chase becomes more personal.

• Subscriber
On 27/11/2022 at 14:11, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Sicario - 10/10

For what it is this is the best action/thriller of its kind in a decade. A perfectly executed film from pacing and casting to the sound and direction. 

Its really still unfortunate how much of a let down the sequel was in comparison. I agree with you the first one is a near masterpiece.  

• 2 weeks later...

Bones and All. Really, really enjoyed this. I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of talk about this film over the next month or so.

The film is essentially about three human cannibals trting to fit into society. This film will not be for everything, especially those who find the subject very unnerving, but I thought it was brilliant.

The main story centrea around the journey of a girl discovering an initial thirst for cannibalism she never knew she had and trying to combat these urges whilst learning a lot about her childhood and trying to find and reconnect with her estranged Mother.

Among her journey, she crosses paths with a young troubled guy (Chalomet) who is drawn to helping her and falls for her but being a fellow cannibal himself, is hiding his own secrets that haunt him.

Another cannibal, (Rylance) a more seasoned character who depicts a lonely old man, albeit very weird, who discovers the girl for what she is and attempts to take her under his wing but all the while develops an unhealthy creepy obsession that never sits right with her.

Firstly, the three lead actors are all brilliant. Special mentions to Timonthee Chalamet, who seems to be the young star of the moment. There are Di Caprio vibes about him, and in this film he carries across his character very well, showing something very different to what we've seen in Call Me By Your Name and Dune. Whilst he has the look of innocence, his character shows his troubled, dangerous side but yet he remains likeable throughout.

But without doubt, Mark Rylance absolutely knocks it out the park. Creepy as fuck. Rylance usually seems to play warm, lovable characters so to see him do a 180 and play a very weird and sinister creep who in every scene, nevers makes you feel comfortable with his twitches and ticks. He makes you feel like he's just a lonely oddball looking for company in this world of theirs but then demonstrates more sinister signs at the flick of a switch that you feel like your waiting for him to snap at any moment.

The cinematography is great in the film, the haunting, gothic midwest locations very engrossing, as is the soundtrack which delicately compliments a few memerable scenes in building a really eerie tension (You'll know when you watch what these are)

The story builds to a really chilling confrontation and whilst there is some minor issues with the ending, I would say its not enough to take too much away crom from the film itself.

A strong 8 out of 10 for me and I really hope Rylance gets nominated for best supporting actor in this film because he's too good.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Lucas said:

Bones and All. Really, really enjoyed this. I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of talk about this film over the next month or so.

The film is essentially about three human cannibals trting to fit into society. This film will not be for everything, especially those who find the subject very unnerving, but I thought it was brilliant.

The main story centrea around the journey of a girl discovering an initial thirst for cannibalism she never knew she had and trying to combat these urges whilst learning a lot about her childhood and trying to find and reconnect with her estranged Mother.

Among her journey, she crosses paths with a young troubled guy (Chalomet) who is drawn to helping her and falls for her but being a fellow cannibal himself, is hiding his own secrets that haunt him.

Another cannibal, (Rylance) a more seasoned character who depicts a lonely old man, albeit very weird, who discovers the girl for what she is and attempts to take her under his wing but all the while develops an unhealthy creepy obsession that never sits right with her.

Firstly, the three lead actors are all brilliant. Special mentions to Timonthee Chalamet, who seems to be the young star of the moment. There are Di Caprio vibes about him, and in this film he carries across his character very well, showing something very different to what we've seen in Call Me By Your Name and Dune. Whilst he has the look of innocence, his character shows his troubled, dangerous side but yet he remains likeable throughout.

But without doubt, Mark Rylance absolutely knocks it out the park. Creepy as fuck. Rylance usually seems to play warm, lovable characters so to see him do a 180 and play a very weird and sinister creep who in every scene, nevers makes you feel comfortable with his twitches and ticks. He makes you feel like he's just a lonely oddball looking for company in this world of theirs but then demonstrates more sinister signs at the flick of a switch that you feel like your waiting for him to snap at any moment.

The cinematography is great in the film, the haunting, gothic midwest locations very engrossing, as is the soundtrack which delicately compliments a few memerable scenes in building a really eerie tension (You'll know when you watch what these are)

The story builds to a really chilling confrontation and whilst there is some minor issues with the ending, I would say its not enough to take too much away crom from the film itself.

A strong 8 out of 10 for me and I really hope Rylance gets nominated for best supporting actor in this film because he's too good.

Hopefully still in cinema's over the Christmas period as me and the missus thought this looked good when watching the trailers. Now I've read a decent review on here we will defo watch this one.

• Upvote 1

Visually, it's everything you want it to be and more. Shifting the main location and exploring Pandora's Seas instead of the Forests was as beautiful as you could imagine. Definitely one to be seen on the big screen to fully appreciate.

In terms of story, there wasn't a great deal of surprise in the plot for me, it was pretty straight forward and predictable which was a bit disappointing. I like to be kept guessing or something happen that I couldn't forsee but there wasn't really any of that.

And considering the time length of over 3 hours, I'd have wanted a bit more substance on the story front, or maybe more focus on character development and background than just seeing a lot of training exercises in their new surroundings.

Alternatively, just shave at least a half hour shaved off the movie that wasn't needed. That will test your patience at times.

That said, it definitely had it's moments. When the action scenes did arrive they were stunning.

All in all, it's set's itself up nicely for the Third installment whenever that may be.

Not as good as the first, but a bice continuation of the story allbeit, too long for what it was. 

Glass Onion  5/10

Murder mystery on a Billionaires island. I expect so much of this film but it never really gripped me at any point.

I'm just fed up with these Streaming channels movies, far too many getting overhyped and turning out average.

Its like they are blowing the budget on the cast and thats about it. They must be paying well to get the likes of Ed Norton and Daniel Craig to do such an average movie.

30 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Glass onion 6.5/10

A generous score because I thought it was alright for the first half or so of the movie. I had high hopes. However, the ending for me was absolute rubbish. Usually I’m easy to please. 

Was expecting good things as well but it was pretty shit wasn't it.