• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

• Subscriber

Aftermath (2021) Drama/Horror/Mystery - 7/10

Not bad, seen better.

Spoiler

A young couple struggling to stay together, when they are offered an amazing deal on a home with a questionable past that would normally be beyond their means. In a final attempt to start fresh as a couple, they take the deal.

• Administrator

Coco. 

Watched it again last night. Great story and love the animation. It still gets me each time when the picture of Mama Coco is put up on the memorial :(

Love the film. 8.5/10

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Stan said:

Coco. 

Watched it again last night. Great story and love the animation. It still gets me each time when the picture of Mama Coco is put up on the memorial :(

Love the film. 8.5/10

I've wanted to watch this for a while but my kids have seen the first 5 minutes and deemed it too scary... Is there anything specifically scary in the movie or just the everyone's a skeleton aspect?

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Harry said:

I've wanted to watch this for a while but my kids have seen the first 5 minutes and deemed it too scary... Is there anything specifically scary in the movie or just the everyone's a skeleton aspect?

Well, it's Dia de los Muertos so the whole movie is centered around the concepts of Death and Living. Nothing really scary outside of the aesthetics, but I think it could be a bit heavy for very young kids.

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, Harry said:

How old are they mate? 

I would say it's scary for a very young child because of the faces and skeletons. But perhaps a bit older, maybe around 6+ and they'd be okay? 

I wouldn't say there's anything particularly scary or jumpy. Despite the faces, they've got a soft touch to them.

My neice is nearly 5 and I think she'd be similar, finding it scary at the start and losing interest. 

30 minutes ago, Harry said:

Honestly mate, there’s nothing scary in this film. Watched with with the kids loads. It’s a bit sinister towards the end before it’s all nice again but your kids may not even understand that aspect of it. Sabrina’s been watching it since she was 3 and loves it. Loved it so much this was Halloween this year….

68E3B9AE-0EDE-41D6-95E6-2CE60BC1ECFF.jpeg

• Upvote 4

On 30/12/2022 at 23:00, Harry said:

Just watched ENCANTO LIVE AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL. 

Shocked how good it was.

Must watch if you have kids that like Disney movies.

https://www.disneyplus.com/movies/encanto-at-the-hollywood-bowl/7CUSfUjGHZW3?sharesource=Android

Just watched this with my youngest, it was brilliant.

Disney really do a brilliant live production.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Glass Onion - 5/10

Murder mystery. Boring and I knew who the killer was from the get co. Daniel Craig's southern accent dropped this film down a point. 

Need to learn to stop watching Netflix films. 

Did you not watch Knives Out? The accent shouldn’t have been a surprise.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Glass Onion - 5/10

Murder mystery. Boring and I knew who the killer was from the get co. Daniel Craig's southern accent dropped this film down a point. 

Need to learn to stop watching Netflix films. 

Watch Knives Out, didn't think I would enjoy that but I did, haven't seen Glass Onion.

On 01/01/2023 at 22:21, Devil said:

Just watched this with my youngest, it was brilliant.

Disney really do a brilliant live production.

Agree. They really use the lighting and special effects very well.

It's not common for them to do a live show like this... I reckon they might have been testing the waters for doing an Encanto musical, as they did with the lion King, etc....

That'd have potential imo. It's got a great score, and the Latin flair makes it colourful, and fresh for the average viewer.

On 01/01/2023 at 22:11, Stan said:

How old are they mate? 

I would say it's scary for a very young child because of the faces and skeletons. But perhaps a bit older, maybe around 6+ and they'd be okay? 

I wouldn't say there's anything particularly scary or jumpy. Despite the faces, they've got a soft touch to them.

My neice is nearly 5 and I think she'd be similar, finding it scary at the start and losing interest. 

On 01/01/2023 at 22:12, DeadLinesman said:

Honestly mate, there’s nothing scary in this film. Watched with with the kids loads. It’s a bit sinister towards the end before it’s all nice again but your kids may not even understand that aspect of it. Sabrina’s been watching it since she was 3 and loves it. Loved it so much this was Halloween this year….

68E3B9AE-0EDE-41D6-95E6-2CE60BC1ECFF.jpeg

Ages 7 and 4. The 7 year old is keen to watch it, but the 4 year old is playing the veto card at this point.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Agree. They really use the lighting and special effects very well.

It's not common for them to do a live show like this... I reckon they might have been testing the waters for doing an Encanto musical, as they did with the lion King, etc....

That'd have potential imo. It's got a great score, and the Latin flair makes it colourful, and fresh for the average viewer.

The stage shows on their parks are always brilliant and of the highest standard.

I watch a lot of Disney having two young girls and Encanto was one of the more enjoyable ones.

21 hours ago, Devil said:

The stage shows on their parks are always brilliant and of the highest standard.

I watch a lot of Disney having two young girls and Encanto was one of the more enjoyable ones.

I don't know if any others, but if there are any I'll definitely need to watch them with the kids. They loved this Encanto one and have watched it a bunch so far

• Subscriber

Watched a few over the holidays

The Northman - 8/10 - Not entirely what I expected really and thats a good thing. Its not your typical holiwoodized film. Shot more in line with their beliefs at the forefront in the gods and destiny etc. Really well done in that regards and I quite enjoyed it.

The Last Duel - 7/10 - Pretty much exactly what I was expecting. Although I think the whole rape scene didnt need to be shown twice :what: the rest was pretty good overall. Shows three difference points of view centered around the same single event. Adam Driver is just superb in everything he does, that was my main take away. worth watching but nothing special.

Avatar something something water - 7/10 - Much like the first one a visual feast for your eyes. Absolutely worth watching on the big screen and in 3D. Story is secondary and didn't really matter a whole lot and its definitely too fucking long. Actually planned on rewatching the first as I haven't seen it since theatres way back when but it I didn't set aside another near 3 hours to do that in the end and I don't think it really mattered much in the end. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

The Northman - 8/10 - Not entirely what I expected really and thats a good thing. Its not your typical holiwoodized film. Shot more in line with their beliefs at the forefront in the gods and destiny etc. Really well done in that regards and I quite enjoyed it.

I am sure @Spike put me onto that one and I have not seen it yet, I think he said he went to the Cinema to watch it and he said it was superb.