talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

The Menu

Dark satire with suspensful horror mixed in.

Basically a bunch of ultra wealthy foodies travel to a remote island to eat at an exclusive restaurant where the head chef played by Ralf Fiennes, has prepared a lavish menu with plenty of shocks.

From the outset, you know it's going to go tits up for these people because they are not made out to be likeable. You want them to see them suffer and suffer is exactly what they do over 7 courses.

Fiennes is excellent as a sinister head chef with crosses to bear with the world. Each course contains a message that represents his hate for the world.

I'd also say Anya Taylor-Joy is very good and is probably the only other likeable character in the film bar Fiennes. 

There is a fair degree of tension in the film because you arent sure exactly what will happen next, particularly the ending, but I was invested right to the end.

It won't be everyone's cup of tea, it does feel a bit weird at times, but I enjoyed it. 7.3/10.

Edited by Lucas

6 hours ago, Rick said:

The Good Dinosaur- 9/10

One of my favourite Pixar films, so underrated. Gives me watery eyes without fail every time. 

Never seen that. I always think the best all cgi film was toy story which was the first one ever made. Only one as good is toy story 2 imo

11 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Never seen that. I always think the best all cgi film was toy story which was the first one ever made. Only one as good is toy story 2 imo

I think all four Toy Story films are excellent. Didn’t think the 4th one was needed after 3, but it ended up being great as well. 

Ratatouille, Wall-E, The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Inside Out & Up are all wonderful films. 

4 hours ago, Devil said:

M3gan    7/10

AI robot designed to be a toy and companion for children turns bad. Usual story, the technology self updates turning bad in the process.

Was good I enjoyed it.

I read it's good. 95% on rotten tomatoes. Is it on at the cinema or a streaming service?

12 hours ago, Devil said:

M3gan    7/10

AI robot designed to be a toy and companion for children turns bad. Usual story, the technology self updates turning bad in the process.

Was good I enjoyed it.

Just looked at a trailer. That shit looks creepy as hell. xD

8 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

I read it's good. 95% on rotten tomatoes. Is it on at the cinema or a streaming service?

Cinema, its worth a watch.

38 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Just looked at a trailer. That shit looks creepy as hell. xD

Yeah it's pretty creepy.

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Devil said:

M3gan    7/10

Was good I enjoyed it.

Just watched it on a stream, not bad, I liked the end bit. 

Spoiler

I would gather they would make a M3GAM 2 out next as that guy at the beginning downloaded the copy on disc

• Subscriber
On 16/01/2023 at 20:06, Cicero said:

Coco probably my favorite Pixar film. 

Im not much into animated movies for whatever the reason but this is one of my fiancee's favourites movies. I inevitability ended up watching it and I have to say its excellently done. From the story to the songs and animation and theme itself its beautiful. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
Just now, Viva la FCB said:

Im not much into animated movies for whatever the reason but this is one of my fiancee's favourites movies. I inevitability ended up watching it and I have to say its excellently done. From the story to the songs and animation and theme itself its beautiful. 

And in German dub, one of the skeletons is voiced by Claudio Pizarro :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Never seen it but can't believe it was made in 2001. Will Smith playing Ali does seem a perfect fit though 

Mods? He's saying they all look the same.

Only joking lol.