talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

1 minute ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Probably not an appropriate joke mate.

Will smith has a charisma and confidence about him which makes him perfect for the role I would imagine 

They manage to get his hair spot on.

Puss in boots  8/10

The new one in the cinema, its got more to the name but I can't remember it.

I'd just like to be clear I don't just go to the cinema to watch kids films, I obviously go with my daughter. We loved this movie, like Shrek there are loads of funny references to fairy tales or poems in the characters.

The storyline was good as well. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Devil said:

Puss in boots  8/10

I'd just like to be clear I don't just go to the cinema to watch kids films, I obviously go with my daughter. We loved this movie, like Shrek there are loads of funny references to fairy tales or poems in the characters.

hi mate why are you going the cinema to watch kids films haha

• Haha 3

On 06/02/2023 at 20:16, Devil said:

Puss in boots  8/10

No need to explain yourself to an ape. 

You people 

Jonah Hill written story about a young couple having to deal with racial differences between their two families. 

I think it delt with the subject well and offered a few funny moments along the way. Eddie Murphy played the potential father in law really well.

6/10

We need to talk about Kevin   9/10

The movie follows a mother who's life has clearly been turned upside down by an horrific event. She constantly has flash backs of how her life was pre this event happening. 

Kevin is her child and he's a deeply disturbed child with clearly psychological problems. 

How it ends makes you realise the impact having a child killer for a son must actually feel.

Brilliant film.

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

Obviously was a bit sad with the scenes of Chadwick, but other than that, the movie was pretty bad.

Could NOT understand these water villains, whose leader has the wings of Hermes. Completely over the top and actually had to pause it midway through as I wasn't invested, and only was able to finish it 2 days later when I had some time.

4/10

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

I was Googling whether someone ever played the character of my name Azeem in movies and only result was Morgan Freeman played a Moorish protagonist named Azeem in a Robin hood film. Going to watch it

Plenty of movies about Beelzebub filmed as that is another name for the Devil. xD

• 2 weeks later...

Watchmen (2009) 7/10

Zack Snyder's 'masterpiece'. Or as close as he'll likely come. A very beautiful movie, full of great effects, costumes and sets (Which are the points most ZS movies win) However, unlike other Snyder movies, the narrative is compelling and well developed. It's not just a completely soulless spectacle. 

However, overly reliant on flashbacks, and the strings of plot are a often a little long and separate. In fairness they do tie in together pretty well at the end. I think if the direction was a little tighter and the narrative a little more streamlined, this would be a modern classic. 

Edited by Devil-Dick Willie
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Watchmen (2009) 7/10

Zack Snyder's 'masterpiece'. Or as close as he'll likely come. A very beautiful movie, full of great effects, costumes and sets (Which are the points most ZS movies win) However, unlike other Snyder movies, the narrative is compelling and well developed. It's not just a completely soulless spectacle. 

However, overly reliant on flashbacks, and the strings of plot are a often a little long and separate. In fairness they do tie in together pretty well at the end. I think if the direction was a little tighter and the narrative a little more streamlined, this would be a modern classic. 

Also changed the ending for some reason.

3 hours ago, Spike said:

Also changed the ending for some reason.

Yeah, I'm not a comic fan but I did hear that. 
Reflecting upon it more, I think the ponderous and clumsy first act, leading into a pretty ponderous 2nd act are what kills it from being the 'modern classic' some people think it is in my opinion. In addition, some of the music spots feel pretty gratuitous. The opening credits are fine, but the rest feel forced. Finally, on reflection, the villain is WOEFULLY underdeveloped. They went to huge lengths to expand on the background of every other character, including the comedian, who dies in the opening scene. But Ozi gets basically 2 scenes prior to the reveal. A short chat with Nighthawk and the assassination attempt scene. And he appears peripherally in 1 flashback. For a movie that goes well beyond 150 minutes this is pretty criminal. 

I definitely think it's a well acted and great looking movie. It just has so many large flaws holding it back. 

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Yeah, I'm not a comic fan but I did hear that. 
Reflecting upon it more, I think the ponderous and clumsy first act, leading into a pretty ponderous 2nd act are what kills it from being the 'modern classic' some people think it is in my opinion. In addition, some of the music spots feel pretty gratuitous. The opening credits are fine, but the rest feel forced. Finally, on reflection, the villain is WOEFULLY underdeveloped. They went to huge lengths to expand on the background of every other character, including the comedian, who dies in the opening scene. But Ozi gets basically 2 scenes prior to the reveal. A short chat with Nighthawk and the assassination attempt scene. And he appears peripherally in 1 flashback. For a movie that goes well beyond 150 minutes this is pretty criminal. 

I definitely think it's a well acted and great looking movie. It just has so many large flaws holding it back. 

I’m not a comics guy myself but I have read the Watchmen. Every failing of the movie is not present in the source material. Ozy gets entire chapters dedicated to his backstory in the comic, including his motivations for becoming a superhero and the moment he loses faith in the superhero ideal. It reflects poorly on the scriptwriting really, as they created their own problems

• Upvote 1

Knock at the Cabin

I've watched most M Night Shyamalan films and I'd say there's about a 50/50 split to which one's I've enjoyed and which one's I haven't.

I liked the premise of this one and was hoping they would execute it really well.

And to be fair, it starts off really strong, especially in the opening scene which is great but unfortunately, it doesn't quite manage to continue at that level.

Strangely, I actually thought the film was missing a few twists which is a bit unusual for a Shyamalan movie, he usually contains a few but this felt way too predictable unfortunately.

Credit to Dave Bautista actually whose character was by far my favourite and he delivered an excellent performance.

It's a strong 6/10 for me.

I've since read online that the book this was based on was by far superior so I might give it a read because the idea of the film and moral dilemma's around it I did find fascinating.

Edited by Lucas