talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

• Subscriber

Mortal Engines - 8/10 First off I didnt read the books, nor did I really know anything about it other then a preview or two from other movies I've been to see recently. Visually its spectacular, the CGI and effects are absolutely worth seeing in theatres on the big screen. I really enjoyed it, the concept, the effects, the storylines I think it could have been a really compelling trilogy. Unfortunately from looking into things It sounds as though it will likely be a one and done. Speculation they will only make back about half of their over 200m budget back(including marketing est) but dont let that or some mediocre reviews get you down, go watch it. 

Avengers: Infinity War

Dont feel like I can give a rating.

Ive seen a decent number of the new Marvel movies - Avengers Assemble, the first two Captain America movies, the first couple of Iron Mans, Guardians of the Galaxy, and some more I think.

Still had very little idea what was going on. 

The film just seemed like an endless series of enormous CGI fests with a new dramatic entrance every couple of scenes. New characters were scarcely explained, or why characters I knew were in certain situations. 

The acting was quite good, and Josh Brolin as Thanos was excellent. 

But I just didn't get it. The entire film seemed like it kinda wasn't taking itself seriously at points, and seemed to be taking the piss out of how over-crowded it was, which is cool. But it flipped on its head between self-aware irony, and then going for random moments of real emotion, which just fell flat because I had no idea what tone anything was happening in. 

So yeah I didn't like it. My attention was held but in the end I just felt like this film was plainly not for me. 

There are obviously people out there who have the time and money to keep up with all of these movies, and who can get roped into sympathising with so many characters, but I'm not one of them. 

Edited by Inverted

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

8/10

Brilliant! Went mostly just since I got invited by a coupe of pals, but was very very pleasantly surprised. 

Visually looks so unique with its kind of comic-style animation, amazing voice acting, and a genuinely well-written and original plot with great characters.

'The Parallax View'

8/10

'Wonder'

7.5/10

'Scarecrow'

6/10

'Pacific Rim: Uprising'

3/10

'Thinner'

5/10

'Broken Flowers'

4/10

'Footloose'

5/10

'La Notte (The night)'

6.5/10

'Wonder Woman'

Gets extra points because of Gal Gadot. Other than her, this is quite average.

5/10

'Lady Bird'

7/10

'Ossessione'

7.5/10

On 15/12/2018 at 21:13, ASF said:

'The Shape of Water'

One of the worst Best Picture winners. 

2/10

My 2018 post of the year right there. Happy new year Bud 

A Star is Born 7.5/10

Really good actually, iy Lost a bit of steam around about 1hr 20 in for 10 mins but on the whole quite good. Also I don’t care I’d absolutely smash gaga 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

My 2018 post of the year right there. Happy new year Bud 

A Star is Born 7.5/10

Really good actually, iy Lost a bit of steam around about 1hr 20 in for 10 mins but on the whole quite good. Also I don’t care I’d absolutely smash gaga 

Happy new year, mate.

• Subscriber
On 30/12/2018 at 08:39, Toinho said:

Bird Box

7.5/10

Kept reading that it was frightening but it really wasn’t. Found it pretty fascinating. Worth a watch I reckon. 

Same here but just putting it on now (Netflix) and see what it is like.