• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Controversial opinion here.

The Pianist > Schindler's List

Also, The Big Lebowski is a boring film. 

Agree with both. Don't care for Schindler's List at all as it's overly emotionally manipulative (just like most Spielberg's stuff) with little depth. Don't care that much for the Pianist either but I think it conveys the story better. My personal favourite holocaust movie that resonated with me the most is La vita é bella; no other films come even close. 

Don't care for The Big Lebowski either and think it's massively overrated.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Don't care for The Big Lebowski either and think it's massively overrated.

Was on my to watch list for a while. Sat down with the wife last night and watched it on Netflix. Both fell asleep. 

For a supposed 'great film', I thought it was far from great. 

• Subscriber
On 01/01/2019 at 15:16, Rick said:

Bird Box - 5/10 

As average as you get. Nothing at all stands out, the memes on the internet are better than the film itself.

Ditto, I didn't find it frightening either and neither did the wife who wanted me to switch it off halfway through because she said it was boring but I wanted to finish watching it, I would give it a 4/10 marking. 

16 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Was on my to watch list for a while. Sat down with the wife last night and watched it on Netflix. Both fell asleep. 

For a supposed 'great film', I thought it was far from great. 

It's better if you go in with lower expectations. Strange and quirky movie. Odd in a unique way. Like napoleon dynamite. 

On 02/01/2019 at 02:16, Rick said:

Bird Box - 5/10 

As average as you get. Nothing at all stands out, the memes on the internet are better than the film itself.

I'm not sure why I've heard so much buzz about a Netflix movie. Nor Amy I hear very little Netflix buzz... No idea what it's all about. 

• Subscriber

The Mule - 6/10 Not much depth to the story, has some token great Clint lines and old man racist lines. Bradley Coopers character seemed pretty shallow, as did they all other then Clint basically. Just felt like a much worse version then Gran Torino. 

10 hours ago, Rick said:

I, Daniel Blake - 9/10 

Million Dollar Baby - 9/10

Many tears shed yesterday with these two.

Two brilliant movies right there.

I, Daniel Blake is heartbreaking.

8 hours ago, Harry said:

It's better if you go in with lower expectations. Strange and quirky movie. Odd in a unique way. Like napoleon dynamite. 

Napoleon Dynamite is proper shite. One of the most annoying movies, with one of the most annoying characters ever.

• Subscriber

If you don't like dubbed or sub-title films then give this one a miss, me and the wife have just watched a Spanish (dubbed) Drama/Thriller as we don't mind the latter (dubbed/sub-title) called 'When Angles Sleep' and I would give this a 7/10 and we both enjoyed it, with Julián Villagrán, Marian Álvarez, Ester Expósito, written & directed by  Gonzalo Bendala.

Beautiful Boy (2018)

Good movie, which could have been an incredible movie with better directing/story telling. The flash backs seemed very random and out of place sometimes, and generally, it was like someone who isn't a great story teller is trying to tell you a great story. Real shame, especially with the talent involved in the acting department. Steve Carrell was great, so was Maury Tierney. But Timothée Chalamet was absolutely spectacular. He's such an incredible young actor. One of the upcoming greats. Can't wait to see his future works. The directing was bad in the story telling department, but it had some great shots with natural lighting, which reminded me of Malick at times. The soundtrack was decent and fitting as well. 

Oh well, considering it was one of those movies I've been looking forward to for so long, it felt underwhelming. But it was still good, especially on the emotional level (supported by the great acting). 

7/10

• Subscriber

The Split (2016) I would give this movie an 8/10 rating as the wife kept jumping and saying "Ohhh...", got a wee bit lost at the ending bit but I would gather there will be a follow up as the main character with the split personality of 23 people survives. 

Wildlife (2018)

Sometimes hard to watch if you grew up with some problems in your family, but a very realistic portrayal of said problems. Amazing performance from Carey Mulligan and especially Ed Oxenbould. Jake Gyllenhaal was of course great too, as expected, althought he had limited screen time in this. All in all a very impressive writing/directional debut for Paul Dano. The cinematography was beautiful!

8/10

• Administrator

Stan & Ollie

7/10.

Firstly, I was heavily disappointed I did not feature in this film.

Secondly, I thought it would have charted their success from start to finish, and what made them the icons of comedy. But interestingly enough, it actually follows their lives after they reached their peak. So there was a lot of stuff that I actually learned about the duo. But the film still kept some of its humour but also depicted the immeasurable connection the two had with each other. It's not your normal cinema-going film - it's bereft of action or tension (not that that's what I expected, mind) but in spite of that, you still feel fairly engrossed in it and become emotionally connected to the characters.