talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

Creed 2

Firstly, I thought they did a great job on the first film so I was keen to watch this one. Always been a fan of the Rocky's and I liked the way they freshened up the series with Michael B Jordan as the main star.

And I have to say, I think they did a pretty good job, with a different director, especially as there is always the risk the sequel falls below the levels set from the first film.

In the main, its a solid follow up. A tried and tested story but one that works particularly with this franchise.

When it's good, its really good. The fights are brutal, but they serve a purpose to the narrative. And its great to see Drago back even if he's not the main focus here. Everyone loves a little reference to nostalgia.

Michael B Jordan continues to be a star and it's great to see the further development of his character as he encounters different aspects in life as Adonis Creed.

I wouldn't be against a third instalment if its along the same line of quality as the first two.

7.5/10 

Edited by Lucas

• Subscriber

Just finished watching a thriller Valentine (2001), it's on the same lines as the likes of Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween etc, but not as good as the latter but not bad, bloody weird ending though, I would give it a 7-10, the wife, 5 screams and 5 jumps -10  xD

18 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Did you mean to mention that here, or was this accidental. xD

I actually prefer the sequel. Watched those movies as a teenager. Italian B movies from Joe D'amato and Tinto Brass. 

ha ha, both have low ratings on IMBD, I was in primary school when the first one came out. the boners were so much better back then.

• Subscriber

The Beach - 9/10 I hadnt seen this movie in a real long time. I didnt really remember much about things when it started to turn so it was almost like watching it for the first time. It was absolutely fantastic. Ignore the critics and check this out if you havent.

I loved the bit with jungle Richard where he goes absolutely nuts, there was just so much to the film. The cinematography was top notch, Leo was great as usual and there was alot of underlying themes going about the ideal utopia and human nature.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Ballad of Buster Scruggs (2018)

It would be unfair to give this movie a rating as I turned it off in the middle of the third vignette as I found it all too nonsensical and boring (and painfully unfunny). A pity as I was looking forward to seeing Tom Waits but there's no way I could sit through over two hours of that.

• Subscriber

Resting Place (1986) with Morgan Freeman & John Lithgow, not a bad film and I would give this an 8/10. 

During the 1970s, racial tensions erupt in a small Georgia town when a black lieutenant who died a hero in Vietnam is refused burial in the cemetery. Maj. Kendall Laird (John Lithgow) travels to Georgia with the body. He attempts to comfort the soldier's grieving parents, Luther (Morgan Freeman) and Ada (CCH Pounder), and convince the white townspeople the deceased officer deserves their respect. However, Laird is disturbed when he learns the true story behind the officer's death.

'Hunt for the Wilderpeople'

Image result for hunt for the wilderpeople

( available on YouTube for free ) 

You know when you get one of those hidden gems of a film that normally goes under the radar that you have never heard of before well this was one of them.. Just had the tv on Film 4 while I was sorting a few things out last night and it caught my attention so much I stopped what I was doing and started watching it.. 

Basically it's about a young boy who is a bit of a misfit with no parents being moved from foster home to foster home and gets his last chance with a coupe of who live on the wilderness farm of New Zealand out of harms way.. an unexpected turn of events lead to them going on the run into the wilds of New Zealand while a nationwide manhunt led by child services welfare officer Paula ( Rachel House ) takes place to track them down.. 

A kind of a Comedy Drama starring Sam Niell as Hec and Julian Dennison as Ricky Baker with some genuine laughs throughout... really enjoyed it and would recommend, some of the New Zealand scenery is amazing... 10/10

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

'Hunt for the Wilderpeople'

Image result for hunt for the wilderpeople

( available on YouTube for free ) 

You know when you get one of those hidden gems of a film that normally goes under the radar that you have never heard of before well this was one of them.. Just had the tv on Film 4 while I was sorting a few things out last night and it caught my attention so much I stopped what I was doing and started watching it.. 

Basically it's about a young boy who is a bit of a misfit with no parents being moved from foster home to foster home and gets his last chance with a coupe of who live on the wilderness farm of New Zealand out of harms way.. an unexpected turn of events lead to them going on the run into the wilds of New Zealand while a nationwide manhunt led by child services welfare officer Paula ( Rachel House ) takes place to track them down.. 

A kind of a Comedy Drama starring Sam Niell as Hec and Julian Dennison as Ricky Baker with some genuine laughs throughout... really enjoyed it and would recommend, some of the New Zealand scenery is amazing... 10/10

Have you not seen lord of the rings?xD

24 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Have you not seen lord of the rings?xD

Of course but that was not what I was reviewing... xD

If I had it may have gone something like this.... Great sites to visit when in New Zealand are the ruins of Helms Deep and Minas Tirith, if you manage to get right to the top some of the views and scenery are outstanding... stay away from Osgiliath though as I found it to be overrun with unemployed Orcs who would happily cut your finger off for your ring... Also worth searching out are the Riders of Rohan who will happily give you a horseback guide into the wilds of the country... 

6 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

@Bluewolf loved that movie. Sam Neil and the kid were brilliant. It's from the same guy who made Thor Ragnarok. 

I would recommend you to check out his other movie 'What we do in the shadows'. You will love that do. 

I was thinking of doing just that... after watching 'Hunt for the Wilderpeople' the other night I checked out the review for it and 'What we do in the shadows' got a mention so stuck it on my list of films to watch..