Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Last movie you watched?

9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

They’re overrated 

Deadpool? Absolutely. I think they were bigged up that much to promote them and my friends have been banging on about them for so long that it just didn't match up to the hype when I watched them both.

Good Bye, Lenin! (2003)

For me, still the best German movie. It's funny, sad, has a very interesting topic, nostalgic, wonderfully acted and the most beautiful soundtrack I've ever heard. 

9/10

7 hours ago, True Blue said:

Joker (2019)

Phoenix 10/10

The movie 8.5/10

You’ve given me a hard on. Seeing it tomorrow with the wife who doesn’t like super hero movies. Told her it isn’t one. 

• Upvote 1

Joker 9/10

Amazing. In every sense imaginable. 

• Upvote 1

On 06/10/2019 at 04:00, Cicero said:

Joker 9/10

Amazing. In every sense imaginable. 

Did the wifey enjoy it

8 hours ago, True Blue said:

Did the wifey enjoy it

She thought it was very good, and she hates super hero films. 

She cried when Arthur found out what happened to him. 

Just now, Cicero said:

She thought it was very good, and she hates super hero films. 

She cried when Arthur found out what happened to him. 

Well it was basically a movie about the current reality, how people struggle with mental illness and what they can become from it. Phoenix did the job as expected, i can see a Oscar heading his way but perhaps only a nominations because of the extremely violent theme.

Watched Hocus Pocus because the girlfriend was raving about it. It's alright I guess.

Joker

10/10

Anyone that says otherwise please email iwishtobebanned@talkfootball365.com thanks

• Haha 1

On 21/09/2019 at 06:15, Toinho said:

Did you ever watch Your Name? (kimi no na wa) 

It somehow was amazing. 

Edit: just to clarify it’s not a Ghibli movie but epic all the same 

One of the best romantic films I've seen. 

Totally did not see the  twist coming. They set the whole thing up so beautifully with the rice sake, threads and comet. Just perfect. 

The only issue was that I watched this with my younger cousin and the boob grabbing bits were weird. 

Overall though it was a brilliant flick. 

Joker - 7/10 

Masterful performance from Phoenix but masterpiece of a film? Do me a favour. Unoriginal, and without much of a plot. I didn’t find it anything special other than an amazing performance from Phoenix. 

Call me by your name - 10/10

Beautiful film. Perfect performances from everybody involved. Resonated with me so much, cried several times.

• Upvote 1

Joker: 7.5/10

I enjoyed it a lot but I ink there were some moments and particular decisions in it that, if made differently, could easily have made it a much much better film. 

Posted (edited)

I find it astounding that in this day in age, people still refuse to try and ‘understand’ these types of people. The biggest outlash for JOKER was that it tried to sympathise with the villain, in order to make it look like it was society that betrayed him. 

Hilarious how people either refuse or are in denial that this in most cases, is true. 

It’s a unique dive into a mentally ill person’s psyche, and the events that drove him into ultimate madness. As if learning and understanding what brought him to this behavior, won’t help us spot it before it goes to far. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Rick said:

Call me by your name - 10/10

Beautiful film. Perfect performances from everybody involved. Resonated with me so much, cried several times.

Timothée Chalamet is such a wonderful young actor. Looking forward to his future projects. Can't wait to see "The King" when it comes out on Netflix. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Cicero said:

I find it astounding that in this day in age, people still refuse to try and ‘understand’ these types of people. The biggest outlash for JOKER was that it tried to sympathise with the villain, in order to make it look like it was society that betrayed him. 

Hilarious how people either refuse or are in denial that this in most cases, is true. 

It’s a unique dive into a mentally ill person’s psyche, and the events that drove him into ultimate madness. As if learning and understanding what brought him to this behavior, won’t help us spot it before it goes to far. 

It's a superb film.

Bizarre that it seems to be attracting criticism from all sides, the 'left' saying that it's apologising for Incel culture, whatever the fuck that is and then the 'right' saying it's trying to blame society for the crimes of individuals. That's a sign of success I suppose.

Really enjoyed it, would urge anyone to watch. I barely ever go to the pictures nowadays but glad I did for this.

• Upvote 1

Watching Joker tonight, looking forward to it after what I've heard.

Just stepped out of the Joker  movie. I loved it.

To be honest it's basically Taxi Driver plus King of Comedy. And Scorsese should be proud of what they have done with this movie that seems clearly inspired by his two movies. Hell, the knock-knock practice bit reminded me of the 'Are you talking to me' bit.

It goes without saying Phoenix is amazing in this. 

Also, I can see why the left is upset with this movie, even though Arthur Fleck makes it clear he doesn't believe in anything.

Thomas Wayne seems inspired by Trump and the clown movement reminds you of Antifa thugs - wearing masks, going after cops, rioting, etc. 

To me the only problem with the movie, message-wise, is that people are missing the point that the Joker is the result of a combination of societal failings alongside a narcissistic personality. It's not just society. 

It isn't the abuse or the poverty which makes Joker crave public admiration and approval, but the combination of that personality type with his surroundings, is what drives him over the edge. And it leads to him attacking legitimate points of authoirty, as well complete innocents and bystanders. 

I thought the movie made that adequately clear, that Arthur is a narcissist and is mistreated by society and slowly morphs into a murderer. 

The only fault with this movie is:

that it doesn't explicitly convey the message that his actions were wrong. Especially more so when they have no good character like Batman. They gave Arthur a passing dialogue of 'I don't believe in anything'. They could have done more than that. Even if they had kept Thomas Wayne as a good guy, which he usually is in other movies, it could have had a little effect. Instead they even made Alfred a prick. 

Look how well Gone Girl's Amy and Nick were portrayed. We came out of that movie knowing fully well how both of them were arseholes. 

Don't think they needed to because we all know murder is wrong. 

Speak for yourself, but I left the film knowing fully well that Arthur had finally turned turned mad. We knew what he was doing was wrong. Being sympathetic with him however shouldn’t be an error on the films writers. I actually found it brilliant writing that they made us sympathise with him. 

It’s weird they made Thomas Wayne a prick though. 

I actually think that any depth and meaning from this film are accidental. Todd Phillips is not a man of great substance, and in this first properly serious directing gig he has pretty much merged Taxi Driver with King Of Comedy. I think he is REALLY lucky to have such a master in Phoenix play the role, because with a lesser actor the problems with the film wouldn’t be getting ignored by the masses like they have. 

Wait and see, Todd Phillips next film will not be nearly as well received. Don’t rate him. 

8 hours ago, Tommy said:

Spoilers, spoilers everywhere. 

Spoiler alert: Joaquin Phoenix turns into the Joker and Thomas Wayne's son turns out to be Batman. 

37 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Spoiler alert: Joaquin Phoenix turns into the Joker and Thomas Wayne's son turns out to be Batman. 

b9Ej6y5.jpg

On 09/10/2019 at 18:36, Cicero said:

Second that, and even worse is that people say ' just get over it, there are people with bigger problems than you ' when these kind of people are in the early stages of their mental problems.

Beautiful Boy - 8/10 

I feel this film could have been a lot better if the director had made the film a bit more urgent. Despite that, you definitely feel the emotion of it all. Chalamet is just brilliant, again. Carrell smashes it too.