talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

On 26/06/2019 at 15:11, IgnisExcubitor said:

Watched Kong Skull Island. Not a patch on Peter Jackson's King Kong, but this one had the potential, and yet it seems they wasted it. Also, the humour scenes seems awkward. Visually it was a beautiful film. Too bad they didn't work on the rest. 

That was the shittiest reboot ever. Supposedly in the same universe as the new Godzilla films, which is bizarre as they were actually good. 

On 17/06/2019 at 18:52, Bluewolf said:

Watched this last night, as you say, seen better and worse but it's ok, probably score it about the same.. funniest bit for me was when he was in awe of that actress on the boat and then got his wifes name wrong when introducing her... her face was a picture, just a light hearted 'whodunnit' really.. 

Murder mystery.

Solid 7.5/10 for me. Great watch for a couple.

It's the second quite good Adam Sandler movie I've seen direct on Netflix. Good enough to be seeing at the movies on a date night so not sure why Sandler is using this method for his films now.

Edited by Harry

Watched 'Shaft' last night... 

Very good watch with some decent moments of humour in it as you might expect.. Was good watching the interaction between the old school style Shaft and his much younger son brought up on modern ways and thinking... that had me chuckling quite a bit throughout.. enjoyed it..

Gets 9/10 because they managed to get Richard Roundtree in it as well.. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Very good watch with some decent moments of humour in it as you might expect.. Was good watching the interaction between the old school style Shaft and his much younger son brought up on modern ways and thinking... that had me chuckling quite a bit throughout.. enjoyed it..

I didn't like the guy who played his son to he honest, didn't find him funny and thought he was a poor actor. Just my personal opinion on him, but I did like the story and rest of the cast.

1 hour ago, MUFC said:

I didn't like the guy who played his son to he honest, didn't find him funny and thought he was a poor actor. Just my personal opinion on him, but I did like the story and rest of the cast.

Yea, been a few reviews that were not all that keen but for me he was ok... 

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Interesting. I wanted to watch it, but was put off by the terrible reviews. 

1 hour ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Interesting. I wanted to watch it, but was put off by the terrible reviews. 

I can see that... For a lot of people they wouldn't know the original Shaft with Richard Roundtree where it all started, so for them it might be their first outing. It never tries to take itself seriously and for me personally it's an enjoyable flashback, I suppose in some quarters it might seem out of place with his old school style and views but that is part of the fun clashing with his son on various subjects especially women and how to handle them and with Samuel L Jackson as the current Shaft it made it very watchable for me.. I enjoy his screen presence.. It may well not be your cup of tea but I am pretty sure you will know within the first 30 minutes.. 

Beats

8/10

A film about two boys trying to make it to an illegal rave in 1994 West Lothian sounds fairly one-dimensional but its a brilliantly acted and directed film, that straddles the feeling of tragedy and comedy really well.

Edited by Inverted

Watched the Spanish movie The Invisible Guest. A good thriller, that has a little too many impossible twists. They had a good opportunity to make a brilliant thriller but they went overboard by pushing too many possibilities. Still, quite an enjoyable flick. 

• Subscriber
On 30/06/2019 at 11:37, Bluewolf said:

I actually watched it on Father's day with my old man, It was funny how relevant that turned out. There was alot of good lines, good watch overall.  

Edited by Viva la FCB
  • Upvote 2

• Subscriber
On 30/06/2019 at 21:37, Bluewolf said:

On 30/06/2019 at 21:42, MUFC said:

4 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

I actually watched it on Father's day with my old man, It was funny how relevant that turned out. There was alot of good lines, good watch overall.  

59 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

After reading @Bluewolf review watched Shaft and I enjoyed it. Didn't like Shaft Jr. but everything else is just good fun. The action scenes weren't that great, but the humour and chemistry between actors makes this an entertaining flick. 

Just watched it too and I thought it's a good light hearted silly flick.

7/10

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Watched this last night with the wife and we both quite enjoyed it, a wartime drama based on a true story, The Avon Couple (2004), I would give this an 8/10 rating.

9 hours ago, MUFC said:

Oh Fountain Street.

Err? all I can think of Fountain Street in Edinburgh scratch_chin.gif

• Subscriber

A western with Kurt Russell & Samuel Lee Jackson 'The Hateful 8', our son put it on for us last night because he knows I like westerns, I am afraid he was wrong with this one as it was not my type of western, started off slow, livened up a wee bit then to me it just became stupid and I completely lost the plot, a 6/10 for me.