talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

Toy Story 4

8/10

I liked the first three, and was worried about this one, particularly coming so much later than the rest. Was it necessary? Not sure but I’m not afraid to say I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Edited by Toinho

I enjoyed Spiderman Homecoming, because Tom Holland was likeable and the movie felt funny and fresh. It was also a huge upgrade on Garfield's spiderman. But the new Spiderman Far from Home just felt hugely underwhelming. Holland and Zendaya are likeable as a couple and actors. Jake Gyllenhaal tries his best, but the story and villain seem weak. The humour, which was one of the strong points of Homecoming, is passable at best. This movie also has a very Disney feel to it and not in a good way. The action sequences are stellar, eventhough they are similar to Dr. Strange movie. 

I thought this was an average flick and hence I am surprised by the good ratings. 

• Subscriber

Bohemian Rhapsody (2018)

Finally watched it as I had enough time on my flight. Really can't understand all the raving reviews on social media. I like Queen and Freddie Mercury and the movie just didn't work for me. Granted Rami Malek's performance is great (acting is good in general) and I liked the music scenes but everything else...Too generic, little depth, too many cliches. Don't get me wrong - it's a decent movie, but extraordinary? Not at all. Freddie deserves better.

6.5/10

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Bohemian Rhapsody (2018)

Finally watched it as I had enough time on my flight. Really can't understand all the raving reviews on social media. I like Queen and Freddie Mercury and the movie just didn't work for me. Granted Rami Malek's performance is great (acting is good in general) and I liked the music scenes but everything else...Too generic, little depth, too many cliches. Don't get me wrong - it's a decent movie, but extraordinary? Not at all. Freddie deserves better.

6.5/10

That and A Star is Born are over hyped one watchers. Literally nothing special at all 

On 17/07/2019 at 20:55, Cicero said:

I’ve watched that like 10 times and still don’t fully understand it. 

The essence of the film is basically explained in one scene. Here's Ryan Gosling to explain -

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Just watched a drama/thriller on Netflix Secret Obsession - 2019 with the wife, it got a shite vote from IMDb (4.4/10) but we quite enjoyed it, depends on one's taste really but with the wife jumping here and there I would give this a 7.5/10.

Recuperating from trauma, Jennifer remains in danger as she returns to a life she doesn't remember.

Edited by CaaC (John)

The Lion King (2019) - 9/10

Was slightly pessimistic going into it as I accidentally saw the premier reviews, however after watching it, I can confidently say...Fuck the critics. Visually breath taking and it was a memorable experience watching this cinematic masterpiece come to life. Perfectly casted and perfectly executed. The actor that played Scar the pick of the bunch. 

• Subscriber

My son just texted me and said watch a film called Mile 22 (2018) on Netflix, he said it was good so I will be watching that after has anyone seen it?

CIA operative James Silva leads a small but lethal paramilitary team on an urgent and dangerous mission. They must transport a foreign intelligence asset from an American embassy in Southeast Asia to an airfield for extraction -- a distance of 22 miles. Silva and the soldiers soon find themselves in a race against time as the city's military, police and street gangs close in to reclaim the asset.

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

My son just texted me and said watch a film called Mile 22 (2018) on Netflix, he said it was good so I will be watching that after has anyone seen it?

Reveal hidden contents

CIA operative James Silva leads a small but lethal paramilitary team on an urgent and dangerous mission. They must transport a foreign intelligence asset from an American embassy in Southeast Asia to an airfield for extraction -- a distance of 22 miles. Silva and the soldiers soon find themselves in a race against time as the city's military, police and street gangs close in to reclaim the asset.

Yea I watched it... you will probably enjoy it mate I did

• Thanks 1

• Subscriber
On 21/07/2019 at 14:40, CaaC (John) said:

On 21/07/2019 at 14:48, Bluewolf said:

Yea I watched it... you will probably enjoy it mate I did

Got to see it last night, not the wife though not to her liking I am afraid but not a bad movie and I would give it an 8.5/10, didn't like the ending but our son said that they are going to make a follow up so remembering the ending again I am sure it will be to do with the...

As Alice realizes Noor's true intentions, he disarms a guard and breaches the cockpit, leaving her fate uncertain. 

Silva goes after Li Noor and Alice, if she is still alive, is my betting.  

• Subscriber

The wifes going out tonight for a ladies night with our daughter and friends and I will be sitting in here all on my tod with some wine and the TV & the movie channels all mine including the Netflix channel.

Anyone got any good films to recommend for me from Netflix, war, thriller, or a good drama?

• Subscriber

The Killing of a Sacred Deer - 7/10 This movie was more fucked up then I thought, and I watch alot of fucked up shit. The conversations/dialogue was weird af and it stayed that way all the way through the movie. I dont even know what I just watched tbh.

On 26/07/2019 at 20:54, Viva la FCB said:

The Killing of a Sacred Deer - 7/10 This movie was more fucked up then I thought, and I watch alot of fucked up shit. The conversations/dialogue was weird af and it stayed that way all the way through the movie. I dont even know what I just watched tbh.

Hahaha that's a Yorgos Lanthimos film for you. Watch Dogtooth.

• Upvote 2