talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

5 minutes ago, Dickie said:

It was either Akira or Watchmen.... I like to sit down on sunday nights and watch a film that's critically acclaimed that I missed the first time round.

The fucking soundtrack to Akira is bloody golden

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Spike said:

The fucking soundtrack to Akira is bloody golden

I know I can't believe it took me this long to watch it. 100 percent honesty i needed to do a full look up of everything afterwards because it was a bit confusing but still the whole time I was like WHAT'S HAPPENING WHAT'S GOING ON WHO ARE YOU WHAT'S COMING NEXT?!?!?

2 minutes ago, Dickie said:

I know I can't believe it took me this long to watch it. 100 percent honesty i needed to do a full look up of everything afterwards because it was a bit confusing but still the whole time I was like WHAT'S HAPPENING WHAT'S GOING ON WHO ARE YOU WHAT'S COMING NEXT?!?!?

Did you watch it in Japanese or in English? There are two dubs for the English version and both are kind of bad because it feels like both have to be watched to get the full breadth of the characters and story. One of them even changes the entire relationship between Kaneda and Tetsuo (I think that is their names) just through the dialogue.

• Subscriber

A Fistful of Dollars (1964)

I'm currently rewatching most of the spaghetti westerns, and naturally started with this one. It's incredible how after over 50 years this is still such a brilliant movie, it really aged well, which is not the case with many films of the genre. 

Probably the "weakest" one in Leone's Dollar Trilogy, but it's still great. 

8/10

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Spike said:

Did you watch it in Japanese or in English? There are two dubs for the English version and both are kind of bad because it feels like both have to be watched to get the full breadth of the characters and story. One of them even changes the entire relationship between Kaneda and Tetsuo (I think that is their names) just through the dialogue.

I watched the dub, but the new dub. I was going to watch the original one but I read a review that it's literally the worst thing in history. The new dub isn't terrible. I should probably watch it in japanese though to be honest.

29 minutes ago, nudge said:

I'm currently rewatching most of the spaghetti westerns, and naturally started with this one. It's incredible how after over 50 years this is still such a brilliant movie, it really aged well, which is not the case with many films of the genre. 

8/10

Hmm, I might watch that tonight. I never really watched many Spaghetti Westerns, and I don't even know why. Was looking for a movie to watch anyway :D

32 minutes ago, nudge said:

8/10

2 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Hmm, I might watch that tonight. I never really watched many Spaghetti Westerns, and I don't even know why. Was looking for a movie to watch anyway :D

Watch Yojimbo by Kurosawa afterwards.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

I'm watching For a Few Dollars More tonight, and then The Good, The Bad and The Ugly tomorrow, haha. Watched Django (the original with Frank Nero) a while ago, it didn't age that well, but was still enjoyable. After The Dollars Trilogy, I'll just continue with other gems of the genre in random order, so many good ones that I haven't seen for at least 15 years...

• Subscriber

For a Few Dollars More (1965)

Second movie in the Dollar's Trilogy and one of the best Spaghetti Westerns ever made; it has both style and substance. Brilliant acting by Eastwood and van Cleef, great directing by Leone, amazing score by Morricone and a very immersive story. 

9/10

19 hours ago, nudge said:

I'm watching For a Few Dollars More tonight, and then The Good, The Bad and The Ugly tomorrow, haha. Watched Django (the original with Frank Nero) a while ago, it didn't age that well, but was still enjoyable. After The Dollars Trilogy, I'll just continue with other gems of the genre in random order, so many good ones that I haven't seen for at least 15 years...

Once Upon a Time in the West. This and the Good, the Bad and the Ugly are the best Westerns ever. 

Last film I saw was Jack Reacher. Surprisingly decent.

7/10

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, ASF said:

Once Upon a Time in the West. This and the Good, the Bad and the Ugly are the best Westerns ever. 

Yeah I know Andre, I've seen them all before hehe. Want to watch more of Corbucci and Sollima this time too, there are quite a few great Spaghetti Westerns that do not get much attention.

• Subscriber

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)

Well nothing has changed, this is still the same masterpiece as it used to be. The movie has got absolutely everything, and it could just be one of the best movies of all time. Slow pace, wide open shots of the landscape, close up shots of the faces, sparse dialogue; it doesn't get any better than this. That last showdown in the cemetery is the greatest moment in cinema ever.

10/10

• Subscriber

The Big Gundown (1966)

A very stylish Spaghetti Western with Lee van Cleef in a classic bounty hunter role and Tomas Milian as a Mexican bandit. It has surprisingly much more substance to it and doesn't follow a standard Western formula, but features more sociopolitical commentary while still maintaining its entertainment value. It even has a character who is a Nazi-like Austrian Baron with a monocle and a Dracula cape, ffs xD Top notch camera work and amazing score by Morricone, as usual!

7/10

On 3/25/2017 at 0:45 AM, Cannabis said:

Swallows and Amazons (2016):

Pure bollocks. A shite story, piss poor ending and some of the most irritating characters I've seen on the big screen in a long time.

0/10.

xD

Rogue one 8.5/10

Best since the originals, the force is strong within this one, I don't practice religion but if I must it'll be Jedi.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 3/29/2017 at 0:20 PM, nudge said:

TGTB is still my personal favourite western. Outlaw Josie Wales was top notch too. The dollars are always good, Hang em High. Definitely all are rewatchable, probably about time i do the same B|

• Upvote 1