talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Last movie you watched?

football forum

On 30/04/2022 at 14:58, CaaC (John) said:

The Bridge on the River Kwai (1957) Alec Guinness/Jack Hawkings - 9/10

A Golden Oldie and a classic, can't say how many times I have watched this but it's great if you like anything like this.

I also thought that was a great film too.

A David Lean film.

Lean the tea boy to film director story.

Can't see that happening any more. 

5 minutes ago, Waylander said:

I also thought that was a great film too.

A David Lean film.

Lean the tea boy to film director story.

Can't see that happening any more. 

A lot of the old films are the bee's knees to me, films that you can sit down with the wife and kids and watch without a lot of blood and gore and women running around naked with their boobs bouncing up and down and even men with their privates swinging in the wind. xD

2 minutes ago, Waylander said:

Odd indeed and that scene in the cemetery with the Rottweilers and that music 😮

The nanny was a freak.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

A lot of the old films are the bee's knees to me, films that you can sit down with the wife and kids and watch without a lot of blood and gore and women running around naked with their boobs bouncing up and down and even men with their privates swinging in the wind. xD

The way they built up the characters, the evocative sounds of the forest when they encounter the  Japanese Patrol and the tragedy at the river.

The prisoners largely being unaware and carry on oblivious and whistling,

Just so interesting and unexpected.

I have heard a few stories from family about their participation in WWII and the fateful decisions people sometimes made.

• Upvote 1

The wife was watching some movie the other day which was a load of rubbish so all I did was put my earpieces in and went into my film section on this laptop and watched the original in b&w of The Longest Day (1962), can't remember how my times I have watched this film but that and The Battle of the Bulge (1965) are 2 of my favourite war movies

20 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

The wife was watching some movie the other day which was a load of rubbish so all I did was put my earpieces in and went into my film section on this laptop and watched the original in b&w of The Longest Day (1962), can't remember how my times I have watched this film but that and The Battle of the Bulge (1965) are 2 of my favourite war movies

Yes they were good and so was a Bridge Too Far. 

Top Gun - 8/10 In preperation for watching the new one coming up went and rewatched this classic. I still think it holds up pretty well, the action scenes in the plane are still pretty good. I do love the cheesieness of 80 action movies and specifically the soundtracks are kind of hilarious. 

17 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Top Gun - 8/10 In preperation for watching the new one coming up went and rewatched this classic. I still think it holds up pretty well, the action scenes in the plane are still pretty good. I do love the cheesieness of 80 action movies and specifically the soundtracks are kind of hilarious. 

The Honest Trailer for Top Gun is still the best of the series. 

• Haha 1