talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

Encanto

Disney pixar do it again with another fantastic family movie, catchy songs, lovely bright colours and as always a different culture/nation represented.

Colombia 🇨🇴  being the chosen country.

My daughter loved it.

8/10

Edited by Devil

A Christmas Carol (2019) - 8/10

Peaky Blinder director Nick Murphy takes this beloved Dicken’s masterpiece and turns it into his own dark, twisted version. Hands down my favorite rendition of the story and we see some quality performances from Guy Pearce, Andy  Serkis, and Stephen Graham. 

Glad i discovered this and without a doubt something i will watch every year. 

• Subscriber

Dont Look Up - 7/10Im a bit torn on this one. Ron Pearlman's cameo might be one of the greats. Star studded cast, the leads are all pretty excellent but it studders and falters in the middle. You could probably cut 30 mins out of it fairly easily, it dragged pretty bad before wrapping up nicely. Its a great political satire and its great to see it get done and the messaging it does get accross on the one hand. I dont know, worth seeing if you've followed the US political landscape in the last few years but otherwise you could probably pass. 

Also this is fantastic, Ron Pearlman is a god damn gem. Side bar but at one of the Fan expo's we had here before the pandemic (basically comicon type event) Ron Pearlman did a Q&A panel for about 45 mins; hes a genuinely awesome, authentic and funny ass guy. Fuck you Matt Gaetz xD

On 13/12/2021 at 23:36, Gunnersauraus said:

The dark knight rises. 7/10

Good film with a few twists. A bit long which is why I'm not giving it an 8 but overall very enjoyable 

Thats an incredible movie and the performance of Heath Ledger was without doubt one the best by any actor.

I'd give it a 9.5/10

1 minute ago, Devil said:

Thats an incredible movie and the performance of Heath Ledger was without doubt one the best by any actor.

I'd give it a 9.5/10

Thats a different film mate 😂

16 minutes ago, Devil said:

So got confused with the trilogy, agree with your rating of the 3rd film in the trilogy.

I think I'd have to watch the dark knight again to rate it. When I watched it I didn't appreciate story telling as much as I do now 

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think I'd have to watch the dark knight again to rate it. When I watched it I didn't appreciate story telling as much as I do now 

I think its a good movie but some of the problems and cracks are overshadowed with the legendary performance of Heath Ledger...you could argue he makes it a great movie maybe even. The whole rushed rise and fall of two face always rubbed me the wrong way. It would be good to go back and watch the triology again at some point. 

Edited by Viva la FCB

• Subscriber

Wrath of Man (2021) - Jason Statham - 7.5/10

Directed by Guy Richie, not bad but not one of Statham's best films, plenty of action though especially at the end.

H is a mysterious man who starts working for a cash moving truck company. He becomes known for using amazing precision and dexterity to neutralise robbers. However, H is actually out for revenge.

• Subscriber

Unthinkable (2010) - Crime/Drama/Thriller - Samuel L Jackson, Michael Sheen.  8.0/10

Watched it a while back and was worth another look.

Spoiler
Spoiler

A psychological thriller centred around a black-ops interrogator and an F.B.I. Agent who press a suspect terrorist into divulging the location of three nuclear weapons set to detonate in the U.S.

Edited by CaaC (John)
Spelling

15 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Absolute Power (1977) - Clint Eastwood/ Gene Hackman - 7.5/10

Nothing like watching a Clint Eastwood film but I still prefer him in westerns.

You found the right thread this time 😂