Last movie you watched?

football forum

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Spike said:

Matrix - very good

Matrix 2 - horrible

Matrix 3 - terrible

Matrix 4 - okay

I wanted to watch all 3 again as a refresher only made it to 2. I forgot how really mediocre and all over the place the second one was... I dont think i care to watch the third again tbh. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

I wanted to watch all 3 again as a refresher only made it to 2. I forgot how really mediocre and all over the place the second one was... I dont think i care to watch the third again tbh. 

I re-watched the first a while ago, and then decided to skip the sequels. WIll move straight to the new one, haha.

59 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

57 minutes ago, nudge said:

I re-watched the first a while ago, and then decided to skip the sequels. WIll move straight to the new one, haha.

WARNING Do you want to watch the first one again or do you want a super cheesey B-movie rendition of the trilogy that has a 50/50 chance of ‘it was alright I guess’ and ‘I HATED IT’?

BTW the third is much better than the second, just do not go into any of these movies with the thought ‘I love the first movie what will they do next?’. The second and third and holistically one movie, so  1, 2/3, and 4 are all so different but people limit their enjoyment of them because they want the first movie, the first movie finished in 1999

I know you guys will hate the fourth is you are already skipping the other two

Edited by Spike

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

WARNING Do you want to watch the first one again or do you want a super cheesey B-movie rendition of the trilogy that has a 50/50 chance of ‘it was alright I guess’ and ‘I HATED IT’?

BTW the third is much better than the second, just do not go into any of these movies with the thought ‘I love the first movie what will they do next?’. The second and third and holistically one movie, so  1, 2/3, and 4 are all so different but people limit their enjoyment of them because they want the first movie, the first movie finished in 1999

I know you guys will hate the fourth is you are already skipping the other two

I've already seen all three of them, just many years ago... Personally, I think 2 and 3 were ok (even if as you said, not comparable to the original), but it's not something I want to waste my time on re-watching. I'm sure 4 will be alright too, mostly because I hardly have any expectations at all, and also because I rarely hate movies in general, anyway.

• Upvote 1

I stumbled across the Dora Explora film and the Lost City of Gold.

I have a niece that is mixed Spanish and English and she used to love Dora when she was small.

So this had novelty factor for me yet was actually pretty good and funny in places.

It's a bit like Crocodile Dundee meets Indiana Jones yet the high school scenes are funny too.

I don't think my niece now 15 liked it though I think it is now more a family film rather than just a child's film.

On 26/12/2021 at 11:09, Machado said:

"Don't look up"

Depressingly accurate political satire.

I just finished it too. I thought it was good. 

An anti vaxxer thinks the movie correlates perfectly well to “idiots” not being awake in this day and age with COVID. They focused completely on the politics part of the movie. Whereas I think, while there is an obvious focus on politicians being untrustworthy, I took away from it that it’s actually mainly an attack on misinformation, as well as people ignoring science, and a movie that defends scientists.

Interesting how there’s different takes on it. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

My only gripe with it was it seemed unnecessarily long. Timothy Chalamets character could have probably not existed and saved 20 mins of my time. The rest of the movie is sadly very on the nose. Im glad it exists and hopefully puts some more eyes on the political landscape and whats actually going on. 

4 hours ago, Cicero said:

Thought it was climate change moreso Covid. 

Yea, got the same feeling, especially with all the random animal/nature shots. 

So yea, just watched it. Not a perfect movie, and terribly underwhelming at times. But still good fun, and great satire on politics, social media and general pop-culture. But it did feel awfully long. 

There are two after credits scenes btw, one VERY late into the credits. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

My only gripe with it was it seemed unnecessarily long. Timothy Chalamets character could have probably not existed and saved 20 mins of my time. The rest of the movie is sadly very on the nose. Im glad it exists and hopefully puts some more eyes on the political landscape and whats actually going on. 

My gripe was that for a film that is meant to be satire, it was incredibly unfunny. Only humor I found was Jonah Hill because he's Jonah Hill. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, Cicero said:

My gripe was that for a film that is meant to be satire, it was incredibly unfunny. Only humor I found was Jonah Hill because he's Jonah Hill. 

Fair. I would say Satire doesnt need to be outright funny but I would tend to agree they could have done alot more.. kind of the funniest moments where in the trailer. 

The French Dispatch (2021)

A love letter to journalists set in an outpost of an American newspaper in a fictional twentieth century French city that brings to life a collection of stories published in "The French Dispatch Magazine".

So it was different short stories, all based in the same French town of Ennui. Well, what can I say. It was beautiful. It lacked a bit of the emotions from previous Wes Anderson movies, and some short stories were more entertaining than others, but it was certainly a full blown Wes Anderson experience. 

The cast was ridiculous. Benicio del Torro, Adrian Brody, Lea Seydoux, Bill Murray, Owen Wilson, Tilda Swinton, Christoph Waltz, Timotheé Chalamet, Frances McDormand, Edward Norton, Jeffrey Wright, Saoirse Ronan, Willem Defoe, Stephan Park, Henry Winkler, Liev Schreiber.... I mean wow. Christoph Waltz was just there for a few seconds with almost no lines. 

Anyway, I enjoyed it, but it's nowhere near as good as The Grand Budapest Hotel for example. But still... peak Anderson somehow. 

7.8/10

Jeffrey Wright was amazing in this btw, and I can see him being one of Wes Anderson's regulars in the future. His voice and delivery are perfect for his films. 

• Upvote 1

On 28/12/2021 at 16:08, Viva la FCB said:

If you can get Timothee Chalamet in a film, you put Timothee Chalamet in a film.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

The French Dispatch (2021)

So it was different short stories, all based in the same French town of Ennui. Well, what can I say. It was beautiful. It lacked a bit of the emotions from previous Wes Anderson movies, and some short stories were more entertaining than others, but it was certainly a full blown Wes Anderson experience. 

The cast was ridiculous. Benicio del Torro, Adrian Brody, Lea Seydoux, Bill Murray, Owen Wilson, Tilda Swinton, Christoph Waltz, Timotheé Chalamet, Frances McDormand, Edward Norton, Jeffrey Wright, Saoirse Ronan, Willem Defoe, Stephan Park, Henry Winkler, Liev Schreiber.... I mean wow. Christoph Waltz was just there for a few seconds with almost no lines. 

Anyway, I enjoyed it, but it's nowhere near as good as The Grand Budapest Hotel for example. But still... peak Anderson somehow. 

7.8/10

Jeffrey Wright was amazing in this btw, and I can see him being one of Wes Anderson's regulars in the future. His voice and delivery are perfect for his films. 

This sounds like a Love Actually! Im into it.

Up until a week or so ago I had never watched any of the Spiderman movies, so I've been spending the Xmas period with the wife watching them from the beginning. 

Spiderman: 8/10.

Spiderman 2: 5/10.

Spiderman 3: 7/10.

The Amazing Spiderman: 4/10.

The Amazing Spiderman 2: 8/10.

The Power of the Dog (2021)

Charismatic rancher Phil Burbank inspires fear and awe in those around him. When his brother brings home a new wife and her son, Phil torments them until he finds himself exposed to the possibility of love.

That was an interesting movie. A Western Psychological drama. What stood out first to me was the sound. The soundtrack at times felt like it was from a Hitchcock movie, with the eerines. But also the sound design itself. Sometimes you didn't see the main atagonist, but you could only hear his spurs while he was walking around the house, which gave you a real sense on how terrifying he must have been to the other people in the house. Amazing acting from Benedict Cumerbatch and Kirsten Dunst as well. There's a lot to unpack after the credits role, and it will give me something to think about for a few days. 

8/10

• Upvote 1

On 29/12/2021 at 23:48, 6666 said:

If you can get Timothee Chalamet in a film, you put Timothee Chalamet in a film.

In the past 3 days I've watched 3 films with him. Don't Look Up, The French Dispatch and Dune. xD I regret nothing!

What an end of the year he's had though. 

The Last Duel (2021)

Ridley Scott movie based on a true story. Very interesting storytelling. 

So there's Sir Jean de Carrouges, played by Matt Damon. His wife, Margueritte de Carrouges, played by Jodie Comer, and this Squire, Jacques Les Gris, played by Adam Driver, who was once best friends with Jean de Carrouges. 

Allegedly Jacques des Gris raped Margueritte. And those best friends end up in a Duel to Death (that's how the movie starts initially). 

And then there are three chapters. 

The story told from Jean de Carrogues' perspective. 

The story told from Jacques Les Gris' perspective.

And the story told from Margueritte de Carrouges' perspective. 

The nuances and differences in the three chapters, because they are all told from someone elses perception, are really interesting and very well written. The acting is also excellent. 

And the Duel that they then show again in the end is absolutely breathtaking. 

Also, Ben Affleck plays his best role in probably 20 years in this! xD

Oh yea, this was the first movie were Matt Damon and Ben Affleck wrote a script together again since Good Will Hunting. 

And you gotta applaud Ridley Scott. The man is 85 years old and still drops bangers like this. 

8/10

• Upvote 2