• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Augsburg sack Baum - Martin Schmidt is his successor

Recommended Posts

https://www.kicker.de/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/746534/artikel_augsburg-stellt-baum-frei---martin -schmidt-uebernimmt.html

Surprising timing since there are only 6 matches left to play, which is to short for the new coach to implement his ideas. Jens Lehmann is fired as well, his time as a assistance coach lasted from January the 29th till today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird timing indeed, but if he lost the trust and has fallen out with the players completely then it's probably understandable. Baier, Gouweleeuw, Khedira criticised Baum heavily after the Hoffenheim match; and then there's of course the whole Hinteregger story before that. Will be interesting to see if there will be any improvement in those few remaining matches though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They aren't even in the drop zone! Such a crazy decision. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Eco said:

They aren't even in the drop zone! Such a crazy decision. 

Remains to be seen, but to be fair if the relationship between him and the players was completely ruined without repair (not sure if that's the case here but looks like it), then it's a big risk to keep him until the end of the season and hope that current 4 pts ahead of 16th would be enough to stay in the league with six more matches to go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nudge said:

Remains to be seen, but to be fair if the relationship between him and the players was completely ruined without repair (not sure if that's the case here but looks like it), then it's a big risk to keep him until the end of the season and hope that current 4 pts ahead of 16th would be enough to stay in the league with six more matches to go. 

True - this only makes sense if the manager and the players have lost respect for one another. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took me a moment to recall who Martin Schmidt is :D There have been so many coaches in the last few years. Some vanished completely, some pop up again out of thin air, some are somewhere at the other side of the world... 

 

That was a short tenure for Jens Lehmann :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Took me a moment to recall who Martin Schmidt is :D [...] some pop up again out of thin air, some are somewhere at the other side of the world...

Very thin air.

image-442972-galleryV9-rdth-442972.jpg

 

:ph34r:

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

Very thin air.

image-442972-galleryV9-rdth-442972.jpg

 

:ph34r:

That's a Bravo Poster boy! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement