talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Picture to Words

football forum

• Subscriber

Do any of you fancy trying something out? Somebody posts a picture and we write short stories based on the contents of that picture. It can be a photograph you've taken yourself or just one you've found online.

image.thumb.png.ae04ce95507eedaaa9b75772d90fcf59.png

Start with this picture I took?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why I keep coming back... maybe in my mind I believe that if I return over and over again I can change something, maybe I just want to stay close to them, moving on without them would feel like such betrayal... Perhaps if I got here earlier each day and turned that corner I could change things and all this emptiness would just vanish... I feel myself welling up with the deepest sadness as I always do for all the things I miss.. the beautiful sunset just seems to make it worse somehow,  It was such along time ago now but seems like yesterday to me.. so fresh in my mind but now the hedge has grown back and the vine covers the wall..  like nothing ever happened here... 

I feel so cold and empty, yearning to feel something again, some warmth of some kind but it eludes me... I am lost in the darkness, my soul forever trapped and tied to this place... They used to come to lay flowers and tell me how much they loved and missed me but now no-one comes anymore... 

36 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I don't know why I keep coming back... maybe in my mind I believe that if I return over and over again I can change something, maybe I just want to stay close to them, moving on without them would feel like such betrayal... Perhaps if I got here earlier each day and turned that corner I could change things and all this emptiness would just vanish... I feel myself welling up with the deepest sadness as I always do for all the things I miss.. the beautiful sunset just seems to make it worse somehow,  It was such along time ago now but seems like yesterday to me.. so fresh in my mind but now the hedge has grown back and the vine covers the wall..  like nothing ever happened here... 

I feel so cold and empty, yearning to feel something again, some warmth of some kind but it eludes me... I am lost in the darkness, my soul forever trapped and tied to this place... They used to come to lay flowers and tell me how much they loved and missed me but now no-one comes anymore... 

Depressing mate

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

You ok mate?... 

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

I definitely was not expecting that!

On 10/04/2019 at 00:23, Dr. Gonzo said:

Depressing mate

On 10/04/2019 at 10:29, nudge said:

You ok mate?... 

On 10/04/2019 at 10:33, Pyfish said:

I definitely was not expecting that!

It's just a short story.... 

Something I cobbled together 15 minutes before bedtime.. 

I saw the picture and thought what an idyllic setting... but what if behind all that was some tragic incident of some description???  I could have gone down 'The walk to grandmas house in the summer of 77' but it would have been too obvious... 

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

I don't think so.. my last theme seemed to be too depressing and unfunny... 

Haha I was just joking... Go for it :P But if you kill that dog I'm not talking to you anymore xD 

@Dr. Gonzo

Podcast: Drives in Dogs, Nutrition Part 1, Parvo Cure (Episode 1)

It was a late warm summers evening as I left the house with my trusty hound by my side, 'Blondie' named after the singer I had the hots for back in the day.. A Golden Retriever no less, I had owned many dogs before but in my declining years she was just perfect for me and such a comfort, We would spend many hours watching 'Last of the Summer Wine' re-runs together on the sofa until I nodded off in the evenings and she would be laid curled up next to me..  We took the usual route to the park as we always did, through the long alley and up the dirt road to the vast open park, I passed another dog walker on the way, said "hello" and even though I never knew them by name I was never short of a bit of common courtesy.. 

I looked out over the huge park and with no-one around I took Blondie off the lead so she could enjoy her freedom and we began to walk the long way round.. she would be in and out of all the bushes sniffing just about everything, every now and then glancing up at something then moving on.. I suddenly get the strong smell of dog shit shooting up my nose like mustard gas and feared the worst, I glance back and raise each leg to check the soles of my shoes but thank goodness I have not trodden in anything... I move swiftly on and a gentle breeze relieves my nostrils of that awful smell... Blondie has moved on ahead and I quicken my pace to catch up.. We eventually emerge from the bushy part of the park and begin to cross the open field, it's growing darker now so I think about heading on back.. 

Blondie stops in front of me suddenly and looks straight ahead so I also look in that direction, I see nothing but she is still transfixed to the spot.. I look again and that's when I see him, I can make out a shadowy hooded figure along the tree line at the far side of the park, suddenly 2 more appear, one beside him and another behind also with their hoods up and they begin to emerge from the tree line and walk towards me.. They are youths and I sense that it could be trouble.. I call Blondie and we turn to walk back in the opposite direction and the youths suddenly break into a run to catch up.. I feel like a deer being hunted down by a pack of Wolves but I focus on getting out.. 

Suddenly one appears alongside me and then another on the other side, they spread out trying to cut my exit off from the park as the 3rd continues to close the gap behind me, there is no-one else around at this time in the evening and I know this is not going to end well.. I glance back at the hooded youth behind me getting ready to try and keep things calm and maybe talk my way out of the situation... It's then I catch a glint from the blade he pulls from his pocket and I realize that talking my way out of it will not be an option... Blondie starts barking at them but she is not an attack dog so I pull her back.. " Shut your dog up mate" one shouts, "This is our Park Bruv" says the other.. The third one mutters something but his words are  all jumbled up like one of those awful rap songs and bares no resemblance to any educated words I was familiar with.. I say nothing but feel my old long forgotten senses kicking in as I focus on the youth with the blade... 

One approaches swiftly from the side making a grab for me but my old army training does not let me down as I grab his arm with one hand and pull his hood over his head with the other as I pull his head downward and bring my knee straight up under his chin, he collapses to the floor in a heap as his other mate rushes in from the other side I unleash a forceful side kick straight into his midriff and he stumbles back in pain and falls backward... The other one moves quickly to take part as he swipes at me with the blade, I take a few steps back as Blondie barks ever louder behind me.. As he lunges in for a second attempt I close the gap quickly grabbing his knife arm and holding it away from me.. I turn swiftly under him and as I sweep his legs from under him in a backward motion I throw him over and he thumps to the floor dropping the blade with me on top of him, The youth I kicked decides he has had enough and makes a run for it leaving me pinning his mate to the floor... by now I am so angry I decide to unleash a series of blows to his face, one blow after another not allowing him a moment to recover as Blondies barks continue to ring out in the night air.. I continue to punch out in anger until blackness overcomes me and I pass out... 

I come to, my breath short and my face covered with a mask, everything is a blur but I make out flashing blue lights and voices trying to talk to me.. Paramedics have me on a stretcher, I glance down and I am soaked in blood... "Hold on mate" says the paramedic as the doors of the ambulance slam shut.. My head is spinning and I pass out again.. As I come to once more I see the passing lights on the ceiling rushing by as they wheel me down the corridor to surgery.. I hear the nurses talking, "Multiple stab wounds" she said as 2 or 3 more people hover over me cutting at my shirt ... I can hear the Paramedic talking to someone.. 

"Looks like they made off with his wallet and watch" he said, " The witness heard the dog barking and saw 3 youths kicking the living daylights out him in the park, as he approached them he saw them stab him about 2 or 3 times and he managed to frighten them off, he is in a bad way.. " 

As the light grows ever brighter around me my body begins to feel lighter, the voices start fading away to echoes around me and I realise that my fight was nothing but my imagination, how I would have liked it to have gone, and how it may have gone in a time gone by when I was a bit faster and younger... It's all fading now and I feel so strange... My eyelids are so heavy... I hope somebody feeds Blondie for me, she is a good dog... 

" I will miss our walks "

Image result for flatline gif

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

The dog had to survive... Nudge would never have spoken to me again if the outcome had been any different.. 

You should consider writing stories though; good stuff... Depressing af but good.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

You should consider writing stories though; good stuff... Depressing af but good.

I am going to twitter Stephen King and find out if he got negative reviews when he first kicked off... Christine was not exactly a fairytale ending was it.. xD

Anyway you can blame @Dr. Gonzo for the last one.. he set the challenge bar B|

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I am going to twitter Stephen King and find out if he got negative reviews when he first kicked off... Christine was not exactly a fairytale ending was it.. xD

Anyway you can blame @Dr. Gonzo for the last one.. he set the challenge bar B|

Nah you'd be fine, a lot of great writers lived off of people's tears xD 

Archived