talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dirk Nowitzki Retires

football forum

Yes, this could go in the NBA thread, but Dirk is special, and IMO, deserves his own thread. 

Tonight, he made it official by announcing his retirement. I couldn't think of a player who was more loved by everybody than Dirk, truly an amazing guy and representative for the NBA. He has been my favorite player for over a decade and it's sad to think he is leaving. 

Dirk is the true GOAT. :congrats:

@Tommy - Is he as massive there as he is here? @nudge also is well aware of his impact (I'm sure)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Eco said:

Yes, this could go in the NBA thread, but Dirk is special, and IMO, deserves his own thread. 

Tonight, he made it official by announcing his retirement. I couldn't think of a player who was more loved by everybody than Dirk, truly an amazing guy and representative for the NBA. He has been my favorite player for over a decade and it's sad to think he is leaving. 

@Tommy - Is he as massive there as he is here? @nudge also is well aware of his impact (I'm sure)

Yes, he is, no doubt. I have a #41 Dallas Jersey that I bought... probably 20 years ago or so. Legend.

Also there are some funny commercials with him on German TV :D

• Subscriber

He started playing in the NBA about at the same time when I was already starting losing interest in the league so I didn't get to see much of him at his peak. A household name for sure though; great career.

7 hours ago, Eco said:

I love how, when he's just about 30% through his very first sentence, some dude in the crowd starts yelling "yeeeaAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" ecstatically.

xD

24 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

I know next to nothing about basketball, but I think this was Nowitzki's breakthrough.

How was his first NBA match, @Eco?

No idea bout his first game. Dallas isn't near Atlanta (where I live) so I didn't watch 50% of his games, but still have incredible respect and loved watching him when I did. 

It's really sad to see Dirk retire. There will never be someone like him again.

One of the best players of all time and also such a great person.

It was about the same time that Dirk came to the NBA when I started to play basketball myself.

I always loved watching him play for Germany. There were some unforgettable moments and Dirk was the guy who carried a mediocre team to bronze medal in the WC and silver in the EuroBasket.

Just like he carried the Dallas Mavericks in 2011 to win the first NBA title in their history. I stayed up so many nights that year to watch most of their games in that playoff run.

Legend.

Archived