• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Your Expensive Habits

football forum

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Inverted said:

I’ll read it once maybe, unless it’s a reference book or an all time favourite. 

I live in a house with a lady that has never thrown out a book in her life and their are hundreds of yellow pulp shite that do nothing other than take up space. Why does anyone need medical reference books from the 60s?

• Subscriber

I have no trouble throwing away outdated textbooks/reference books or books that are in really bad condition; used to do it regularly. Well not throwing away but recycling them as waste paper. I won't ever throw away any book that is in a good condition and has some sort of literary/cultural/scientific or even sentimental value though. If I need to downsize the collection for whatever reason I just pass them on to somebody else... Gave away almost a 1000 books five years ago and it was a heartbreak xD 

Reading ebooks is just a completely different (and much less satisfying) experience for me.

• Subscriber

Mine is fragrances, I swear they are toxic and have a drug like addiction when you smell them. It's the oud ones I'm hooked on, some cost around £300, at one stage I had so many, I gave 6 away last year. they were worth £1600, consisting of Tom Ford, Creed and Francis Maison. Now I just stay away from all fragrance sections.

19 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

How much did you pay on it and what strain is it?

Definitely an expensive habit though xD

Two strains - 1 ounce is Mercury OG & the other's Alaskan Blueberry. The Mercury OG was $220, the Alaskan Blueberry was $120... so $340 total, so about £260ish

On 19/04/2019 at 21:12, Dr. Gonzo said:

Two strains - 1 ounce is Mercury OG & the other's Alaskan Blueberry. The Mercury OG was $220, the Alaskan Blueberry was $120... so $340 total, so about £260ish

To buy California grown weed in Europe(Amsterdam, Barcelona, UK....) you're paying 25-35 euros a gram. It's ridiculous :|. I've tried a few such as Bruce Banner, Orange Cookies(that really was nice for taste and smell) and Zkittles. But I'd rather just buy some nice homegrown UK bud or Dutch or Spanish bud(whichever country I'm in), as I don't see the point in spending so much on weed just for the fact that it's a little more 'exotic' when in reality, what people don't realise is that all the best weed grown in California isn't going to be leaving there, so we aren't getting your best shit anyway.

The nicest strains, for different reasons, I've had this year are probably:-

Orange Cookies(Cali grown, but bought in Netherlands)

Bruce Banner(Cali)

Lemonade(Dutch)

Gorilla Glue #4(UK)

Stardawg(UK)

Girl Scout Cookies(Dutch)

Watermelon Zkittles(Dutch)

Blue Gelato(Dutch)

Hash:-

Girl Scout Cookies ice(Dutch)

Lemon Hash(Dutch)

Tangie Static(Dutch)

The hash I've tried this year is better than anything else probably.

But yeah, definitely an expensive habit xD. Not the worst of habits though, I enjoy a smoke and trying different strains. It's no different to the whiskey connoisseurs on here really. It probably deserves its own thread in fact when you consider how it's now slowly becoming legal, or atleast deemed as being accepted in most countries. Also how many fucking different variations and strains there are nowadays. I'm still yet to try any rosin/shatter/bho(or whatever) and gotten into the whole "dabbing" mind, but I probably will do so in one of the Cannabis social clubs when I go to Barcelona in June.

As for expensive hobbies, fishing is definitely one. The amount I spend on that is ridiculous really. I'm off tomorrow to do a 24 hour session, it's £26 to fish, but then I've had to renew my Rod licence which costs 45 quid for the year, then buy bait which costs about 30 quid and whatever I spend on food and what not. That's obviously without mentioning the amount you spend on actual tackle, which you easily end up spending a few grand on over time.

27 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

To buy California grown weed in Europe(Amsterdam, Barcelona, UK....) you're paying 25-35 euros a gram. It's ridiculous :|. I've tried a few such as Bruce Banner, Orange Cookies(that really was nice for taste and smell) and Zkittles. But I'd rather just buy some nice homegrown UK bud or Dutch or Spanish bud(whichever country I'm in), as I don't see the point in spending so much on weed just for the fact that it's a little more 'exotic' when in reality, what people don't realise is that all the best weed grown in California isn't going to be leaving there, so we aren't getting your best shit anyway.

The nicest strains I've had this year are probably:-

Orange Cookies(Cali grown, but bought in Netherlands)

Lemonade(Dutch)

Gorilla Glue #4(UK)

Stardawg(UK)

Girl Scout Cookies(Dutch)

Watermelon Zkittles(Dutch)

Blue Gelato(Dutch)

Hash:-

Girl Scout Cookies ice(Dutch)

Lemon Hash(Dutch)

Tangie Static(Dutch)

The hash I've tried this year is better than anything else probably.

But yeah, definitely an expensive habit xD. Not the worst of habits though, I enjoy a smoke and trying different strains. It's no different to the whiskey connoisseurs on here really. It probably deserves its own thread in fact when you consider how it's now slowly becoming legal, or atleast deemed as being accepted in most countries. Also how many fucking different variations and strains there are nowadays. I'm still yet to try any rosin/shatter/bho(or whatever) and gotten into the whole "dabbing" mind, but I probably will do so in one of the Cannabis social clubs when I go to Barcelona in June.

As for expensive hobbies, fishing is definitely one. The amount I spend on that is ridiculous really. I'm off tomorrow to do a 24 hour session, it's £26 to fish, but then I've had to renew my Rod licence which costs 45 quid for the year, then buy bait which costs about 30 quid and whatever I spend on food and what not. That's obviously without mentioning the amount you spend on actual tackle, which you easily end up spending a few grand on over time.

Yeah as far as weed out here goes, Orange Cookies is shite - not worth the premium for being exotic.

• Subscriber

I have gone potty on these below and they are absolutely gorgeous, best chicken I have tasted and I normally have them with Lidl's potato wedges and lately with a salad, £3 a hit but last week I had these 7 days on the trot until the wife said to eat something else or you will turn into a fucking chicken. 

download.png.fa48a244a1d76214d4982d4d91dc1753.png

4 hours ago, CaaC - John said:

I have gone potty on these below and they are absolutely gorgeous, best chicken I have tasted and I normally have them with Lidl's potato wedges and lately with a salad, £3 a hit but last week I had these 7 days on the trot until the wife said to eat something else or you will turn into a fucking chicken. 

Ha ha I sometimes get those pre cooked meats when I can't be bothered to cook. Which is most of the time

4 hours ago, CaaC - John said:

Between this and her wiggly toes, you wife sounds like a fucking maniac. xD

22 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

It was very nice for the taste but not as strong as some of the others mentioned.

It’s one of the cheapest strains out here - I can say with 100% certainty that there’s way better weed in the UK at a better price. Honestly for the top designer strains, they’re mostly grown indoors in controlled environments. So as long as the grower knows what the fuck they’re doing, they can get an optimal yield pretty much anywhere.

For the outdoor grown stuff, that’s obviously where the origin matters more. So outdoor stuff that’s either pure sativa or pure indica - not so much hybrids, those are mostly indoor grown for the best strains, that’d be where I’d look out for California grown stuff. Particularly if it says it’s from Humboldt

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Eco said:

Between this and her wiggly toes, you wife sounds like a fucking maniac. xD

She is Scottish buddy and has a right temper if you wind her up like I do, in over 40 years of marriage I have been hit over the head with a frying pan had cup's, saucers and plated tossed at me and been hit over the head with a tv remote control when they first came out and they were big as fuck then and weighed a ton, I have learnt my lesson over the years, never wind the wife up when you are pissed as a newt. :D 

I often hire prostitutes to come to my house, where I have jousting competitions with my friends using the whores as horses and inflated condoms as lances. I play scooter on repeat at max volume while all this action happens. Eventually I kick my friends and all but the 3 most attractive sluts out and we have ourselves a cocaine fuelled orgy, while a neil young/cat stevens mix blares out into the uncaring night. This goes on until we get a noise complaint and the police arrive. If the cops demand silence and can't be convinced to join then we're shut down. If the police join in we are unstoppable til the dawn. Eventually we run out of coke and crash, worse than the space shuttle Columbia. Then I have to move to a whole different apartment or I'll get bitches dropping in all the time for hand outs, and endless trouble from the cops. 

It's a rough cycle. 

Archived