• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Football League Permutations

CHAMPIONSHIP
Relegation:

Ipswich will be relegated if they lose at home to Birmingham. If they win, they need to hope that Millwall, Reading & Wigan all lose to survive another day.
image.png

LEAGUE ONE
Relegation:
What a mess. Probably gonna go down to the final day
image.png

LEAGUE TWO
Promotion:
Lincoln can confirm automatic promotion if they better Bury's result. 
image.png

16 hours ago, Stan said:

Football League Permutations

CHAMPIONSHIP
Relegation:

Ipswich will be relegated if they lose at home to Birmingham. If they win, they need to hope that Millwall, Reading & Wigan all lose to survive another day.
image.png

LEAGUE ONE
Relegation:
What a mess. Probably gonna go down to the final day
image.png

LEAGUE TWO
Promotion:
Lincoln can confirm automatic promotion if they better Bury's result. 
image.png

Do us a favour mate, and gloss over the permutations when it's our turn in a week or two? 😘

Sickening.

Wigan still in all sorts of trouble though, so... every cloud. 

Unreal - Sunderland lose 4-5 at home to Coventry. :D

Portsmouth win again - and with still a game in hand over most of the teams at the top, they are within 2 points of getting the last automatic promotion. 

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Wow, had no idea it ended 5-4. 

I think it was 3-1 after about an 20 minutes, seemed a crazy game.

Yeah - pretty crazy really. 

5 years ago I never thought I'd witness the day when Sunderland lose at home to Coventry. xD

without Grealish or Mings and it could have been 6-7 today their keeper was Motm by a country mile, I’m not concerned about them in the playoffs we’ve got the beating of them. 

Fancy us over 2 legs vs West Brom  also. Don’t want to jinx it but I believe we’ll do it now just think they believe themselves and we have the firepower to beat anyone 

Massive day for us really. Couldn't have asked for anything more really than Blades dropping points at home and us beating Wednesday. The former was an absolute bonus.

We made hard work of putting Wednesday away, we've attempted almost 60 attempts against them in two games and scored just two goals. That is us in a nutshell.

Still, deserved win. Four more to go now. Still anyone's...

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Massive day for us really. Couldn't have asked for anything more really than Blades dropping points at home and us beating Wednesday. The former was an absolute bonus.

We made hard work of putting Wednesday away, we've attempted almost 60 attempts against them in two games and scored just two goals. That is us in a nutshell.

Still, deserved win. Four more to go now. Still anyone's...

If Wigan can get some points, that will be all the better. Keep winning the promotion is yours. 

8 minutes ago, Eco said:

If Wigan can get some points, that will be all the better. Keep winning the promotion is yours. 

As long as we stay ahead of the Blades, I'm happy. They will have played first again before we play Wigan next Friday so I hope they can drop points again and give us a huge lift.

Good win for your boys too. Sunderland are choking. You got a sniff now.

Just now, Lucas said:

As long as we stay ahead of the Blades, I'm happy. They will have played first again before we play Wigan next Friday so I hope they can drop points again and give us a huge lift.

Good win for your boys too. Sunderland are choking. You got a sniff now.

Couldn't be happier - that cup win has really uplifted this team and have them playing much better here recently. Sunderland are going the wrong way and losing at home to Coventry is unreal. 

• Subscriber

Ipswich v Lincoln was a Championship v non-league FA Cup game in 2017, 2019 will see them meet in the league.

I'm telling you now, Ipswich and Coventry are the two worst teams to support in this country.

18 minutes ago, Dan said:

Ipswich v Lincoln was a Championship v non-league FA Cup game in 2017, 2019 will see them meet in the league.

I'm telling you now, Ipswich and Coventry are the two worst teams to support in this country.

haha they still beat Sunderland today. :D

• The topic was unpinned

We have now achieved the season objective of staying up (we are now mathematically safe) with 4 games to go. Forest is a touch place to go but we have generally done alright there in recent seasons so its pleasing to pick up another 3 points after Tuesday's win. Joe Rothwell the star of the show with a great goal and decent performance - I can't wait to see more of him next season as right now he is out performing Bradley Dack. So happy for Danny Graham getting his 150th league goal and hopefully he is rewarded for a very good season with player of the season for us. Its been a thankless task upfront for him at times on his own but the shift he puts in week in week out at his age is remarkable and his goal return is pretty good too. He is probably our most important player and it will be a huge job in replacing him as he isn't going to go on forever. 

The fall out on social media from Forest fans suggests they are not happy at all with the football under MON and want him out ASAP...

• Subscriber

As much as it pains me to say it, Lincoln have been impressive all season. Still really can't stand Danny Cowley. There's something about him that just makes me want to shake him or punch him. 

On 15/04/2019 at 22:21, Pyfish said:

As much as it pains me to say it, Lincoln have been impressive all season. Still really can't stand Danny Cowley. There's something about him that just makes me want to shake him or punch him. 

I'm excited for the away day, if nothing else. A club truly on the up after years of turmoil versus... erm... What's left of our club. 

Can't knock Cowley at all. Whatever he's done there is magical. Hope he doesn't get tempted away to the relative bright lights of Stoke, Sunderland or Swansea, and actually builds further on what he's achieved with Lincoln. 

Archived