Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Football League 2018/19 - 13-14th April, 2019


football forum
 Share

Recommended Posts

353.gif

Saturday 13th April, 2019
Aston Villa vs Bristol City
Derby vs Bolton
Ipswich vs Birmingham
Leeds vs Sheff Weds, 17.30
Middlesbrough vs Hull
Nottm Forest vs Blackburn
QPR vs Swansea
Reading vs Brentford
Sheff Utd vs Millwall
Stoke vs Rotherham
West Brom vs Preston

Sunday 14th April, 2019
Wigan vs Norwich
 

354.gif

Saturday 13th April, 2019
Accrington Stanley vs Walsall
Barnsley vs Fleetwood
Blackpool vs Peterborough
Bristol Rovers vs Bradford
Charlton vs Luton
Doncaster vs Plymouth
Gillingham vs Shrewsbury
Oxford vs AFC Wimbledon
Portsmouth vs Rochdale
Scunthorpe vs Burton
Southend vs Wycombe
Sunderland vs Coventry
 

355.gif

Saturday 13th April, 2019
Bury vs Colchester
Cambridge vs Newport
Crewe vs Notts County
Exeter vs Port Vale
Forest Green vs Macclesfield
Lincoln vs Cheltenham
Morecambe vs Grimsby
Northampton vs Mansfield
Oldham vs Swindon
Stevenage vs Carlisle
Tranmere vs MK Dons
Yeovil vs Crawley

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was pinned

Football League Permutations

CHAMPIONSHIP
Relegation:

Ipswich will be relegated if they lose at home to Birmingham. If they win, they need to hope that Millwall, Reading & Wigan all lose to survive another day.
image.png

 

LEAGUE ONE
Relegation:
What a mess. Probably gonna go down to the final day
image.png

 

LEAGUE TWO
Promotion:
Lincoln can confirm automatic promotion if they better Bury's result. 
image.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Stan said:

Football League Permutations

CHAMPIONSHIP
Relegation:

Ipswich will be relegated if they lose at home to Birmingham. If they win, they need to hope that Millwall, Reading & Wigan all lose to survive another day.
image.png

 

LEAGUE ONE
Relegation:
What a mess. Probably gonna go down to the final day
image.png

 

LEAGUE TWO
Promotion:
Lincoln can confirm automatic promotion if they better Bury's result. 
image.png

 

Do us a favour mate, and gloss over the permutations when it's our turn in a week or two? 😘

Sickening.

Wigan still in all sorts of trouble though, so... every cloud. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unreal - Sunderland lose 4-5 at home to Coventry. :D

Portsmouth win again - and with still a game in hand over most of the teams at the top, they are within 2 points of getting the last automatic promotion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Wow, had no idea it ended 5-4. 

 I think it was 3-1 after about an 20 minutes, seemed a crazy game.

Yeah - pretty crazy really. 

5 years ago I never thought I'd witness the day when Sunderland lose at home to Coventry. xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

without Grealish or Mings and it could have been 6-7 today their keeper was Motm by a country mile, I’m not concerned about them in the playoffs we’ve got the beating of them. 

Fancy us over 2 legs vs West Brom  also. Don’t want to jinx it but I believe we’ll do it now just think they believe themselves and we have the firepower to beat anyone 

Edited by Fairy In Boots
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Massive day for us really. Couldn't have asked for anything more really than Blades dropping points at home and us beating Wednesday. The former was an absolute bonus.

We made hard work of putting Wednesday away, we've attempted almost 60 attempts against them in two games and scored just two goals. That is us in a nutshell.

Still, deserved win. Four more to go now. Still anyone's...

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Massive day for us really. Couldn't have asked for anything more really than Blades dropping points at home and us beating Wednesday. The former was an absolute bonus.

We made hard work of putting Wednesday away, we've attempted almost 60 attempts against them in two games and scored just two goals. That is us in a nutshell.

Still, deserved win. Four more to go now. Still anyone's...

If Wigan can get some points, that will be all the better. Keep winning the promotion is yours. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Eco said:

If Wigan can get some points, that will be all the better. Keep winning the promotion is yours. 

As long as we stay ahead of the Blades, I'm happy. They will have played first again before we play Wigan next Friday so I hope they can drop points again and give us a huge lift.

Good win for your boys too. Sunderland are choking. You got a sniff now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Lucas said:

As long as we stay ahead of the Blades, I'm happy. They will have played first again before we play Wigan next Friday so I hope they can drop points again and give us a huge lift.

Good win for your boys too. Sunderland are choking. You got a sniff now.

Couldn't be happier - that cup win has really uplifted this team and have them playing much better here recently. Sunderland are going the wrong way and losing at home to Coventry is unreal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ipswich v Lincoln was a Championship v non-league FA Cup game in 2017, 2019 will see them meet in the league.

I'm telling you now, Ipswich and Coventry are the two worst teams to support in this country.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Dan said:

Ipswich v Lincoln was a Championship v non-league FA Cup game in 2017, 2019 will see them meet in the league.

I'm telling you now, Ipswich and Coventry are the two worst teams to support in this country.

haha they still beat Sunderland today. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was unpinned

We have now achieved the season objective of staying up (we are now mathematically safe) with 4 games to go. Forest is a touch place to go but we have generally done alright there in recent seasons so its pleasing to pick up another 3 points after Tuesday's win. Joe Rothwell the star of the show with a great goal and decent performance - I can't wait to see more of him next season as right now he is out performing Bradley Dack. So happy for Danny Graham getting his 150th league goal and hopefully he is rewarded for a very good season with player of the season for us. Its been a thankless task upfront for him at times on his own but the shift he puts in week in week out at his age is remarkable and his goal return is pretty good too. He is probably our most important player and it will be a huge job in replacing him as he isn't going to go on forever. 

The fall out on social media from Forest fans suggests they are not happy at all with the football under MON and want him out ASAP...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 15/04/2019 at 22:21, Pyfish said:

As much as it pains me to say it, Lincoln have been impressive all season. Still really can't stand Danny Cowley. There's something about him that just makes me want to shake him or punch him. 

I'm excited for the away day, if nothing else. A club truly on the up after years of turmoil versus... erm... What's left of our club. 

Can't knock Cowley at all. Whatever he's done there is magical. Hope he doesn't get tempted away to the relative bright lights of Stoke, Sunderland or Swansea, and actually builds further on what he's achieved with Lincoln. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...