talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who do you want in charge of your club next season?

football forum

(Within reason)

Are you happy with your current manager/coach or do you want a change?

I'd love Allegri or Simeone to come to Arsenal, their talents are plain for all to see. Would be a massive upgrade.

You could say that they're both bigger than Arsenal, that they wouldn't take a step backwards, and I wouldn't be able to argue with you given the mess that our club is in, but the pull of the Premier League is pretty strong it seems, and they could be tempted by that.

A less fashionable choice who I'd be just as happy with is Leonardo Jardim. If you've seen Monaco play this season you'll know why. They play amazing football with a lot of young players, he reminds me of Wenger, but more of this era. And more intelligent tactically.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Craig Shakespeare. I don't care if interim managers have failed elsewhere, Shakespeare has shown ability to motivate, tactical flexibility, and of course, he's been a part of everything good we have done in the past ten years.

I rated Pearson a lot higher than most did, and Shakespeare was a bit part of his team. I think Shakespeare has a lot of the good about Pearson without the media baggage.

I believe he will know what kind of character to bring to the club in the summer in terms of both staff and players. I think he could continue what good we do now.

I will be disappointed for him if he doesn't get it, and I will be absolutely furious if we go for some has-been because it's a 'name' - which for me would demonstrate a total lack of understanding from the board about what actually made us successful.

Shakespeare all the way.

• Subscriber

I will be seriously pissed off if our board doesn't extend the contract of Alex Nouri. He took over the first team as an interim manager after Skripnik was sacked, and is doing great - we play beautiful football again and are on a 9 match unbeaten run (7 wins, 2 draws) with a chance to qualify for Europe for the first time since 2011. Nouri's contract expires at the end of the season, hopefully  he'll stay for much longer, anything else would be madness.

1 minute ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

What about Pochettino? Mourinho won't last much longer.

He'd be great but you'd have to ask why he'd leave Spurs for United. Of course United are a much bigger club and have more money etc but the squad is well behind Spurs. I'd say they're in a position similar to United in '92, on the cusp of achieving great things potentially whereas United are like United in about 1986 - win the odd cup, have good players 'on paper' but are never going to win the title 

Nigel Travis. 

Just a random name to most but he's actually the CEO of Dunkin' Donuts and a lifelong Orient fan who's in talks regarding purchasing the club. 

As for a manager, if the takeover goes through, I'm not sure. People have mentioned experienced names in non-league like Martin Allen and John Still but I'm not sure I'd go for either. 

I want Jose back to finally take us down.

#Josenumberone #bestever #chelsea4ever.

Conte turned that pile of wank and made us a contender over a year time, hope he stays no matter how the season ends. Big summer ahead he will have time to prepare more as the European cup took a lot of time for him. He can look at the loaned out players and sell players in this team that he doesn't need.

Said a while ago Mournho will rot United to the core. Only a matter of time. 

Klopp would of been absolutely magnificent for them. 

Conte needs to be here for the long term and have total control of transfers. Couldn't ask for a perfect manager to reshape our image.

With Batshuayi, I'm assuming Conte isn't playing him as a sign to the board to not go after players he doesn't want. He's done something similar with Bari when the board didn't want to get him the funds needed for the players he wanted. 

Needs to bleed in youth as he clearly rates Chalobah, Loftus-Cheek, and Abraham. 

Sort out our loans as well as actually build the team he wants. 

Love the man to bits. 

• Administrator

Shakespeare because I'd actually be intrigued and excited to see how he does with a full season in charge, and a full pre-season, too. 

The players at the club have appreciated and wil go on to respect his authority and ability as a leader, as Dan alluded too earlier.

People will have their preconceptions about him and they're entitled to that opinion, but the fact he's gone on to get the best out of us and continue to make great moments like continue our CL exploits means that he deserves the chance to manage us next season. Who knows what the future holds for Leicester but I hope Shakespeare is part of it in the next year at least. 

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

To be fair, you'd have thought Ranieri would never have lost a premier league winning team either.......

Ranieri lost Totti when he was at Roma. He's got previous.

If Shakespeare lost this group of players, I would hold my hands up and admit all along I was wrong. My suspicion for a while this season was that Ranieri was the problem and the more time goes on the more obvious that looks.

Rafa as long as he gets back properly and the promises that were made to him are kept.

If that doesn't happen, he'll be on his way anyway. I can't imagine him being one that's going to stick around and be used as a puppet like Pardew and McClaren were.

Rafael Benitez Maudes. Back him and we will stay up no problem,  continue backing him and this club will go places I have no doubt about it.

Don't back him and the club will be back in the second tier with some cock sucking prick in charge who the fans and players will have no respect for.

Archived