• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Crystal Palace 1-3 Man City - Sunday 14th April, 2019

football forum

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

And to think some Evertonians wanted us to spend £160,000 a week on him. He was never really that good at Chelsea and was sent packing from Valencia early for being rubbish. 

I said during his time with us that he has all the makings of a great striker apart from a  brain. 

• The title was changed to Crystal Palace 1-3 Man City - Sunday 14th April, 2019

This was the first time Benteke has started over Batshuayi. Batshuayi has been good for us but I think this was more to try and build Bentekes confidence who has been a good impact sub in recent weeks. If we have the funding in place and Chelsea are willing to sell, I'd definitely make Michy's signing a permanent one. Albeit recent accounts and owners wanting to sell suggest that's all unrealistic.

Theres no point over analysing games like this. It's an honour to watch this Manchester City team who are the best Premier League team of all time. The quick movement and knowledge of their surroundings is of a standard I've never seen.

What did make me laugh is the amount of idiots around me going on about not renewing their season ticket, moaning about not pressing against potential quadruple winners (funnily enough they scored twice when we tried that) and moaning that Roy needs to go because of the timing of the substitutions. We are Crystal Palace. We historically belong in the bottom half of The Championship. We have a structure that's flimsy and accounts suggest it may not be sustainable. Be grateful you're seeing Wilf, AWB, Sakho, Andros, Luka etc instead of being constantly ungrateful.

10 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

This was the first time Benteke has started over Batshuayi. Batshuayi has been good for us but I think this was more to try and build Bentekes confidence who has been a good impact sub in recent weeks. If we have the funding in place and Chelsea are willing to sell, I'd definitely make Michy's signing a permanent one. Albeit recent accounts and owners wanting to sell suggest that's all unrealistic.

Theres no point over analysing games like this. It's an honour to watch this Manchester City team who are the best Premier League team of all time. The quick movement and knowledge of their surroundings is of a standard I've never seen.

What did make me laugh is the amount of idiots around me going on about not renewing their season ticket, moaning about not pressing against potential quadruple winners (funnily enough they scored twice when we tried that) and moaning that Roy needs to go because of the timing of the substitutions. We are Crystal fucking Palace. We historically belong in the bottom half of The Championship. We have a structure that's flimsy and accounts suggest it may not be sustainable. Be grateful you're seeing Wilf, AWB, Sakho, Andros, Luka etc instead of being constantly ungrateful.

I know what you mean but it is only natural to want your team to compete, no matter who against and nobody wants their team to stand in awe of another. The season ticket stuff is a bit silly but people can get quite agitated, even if it isn't really logical.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived