talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea - Sunday 14th April, 2019

football forum

2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Gonna be incredibly hard to take whoever doesn't win the title this year, is this the highest standard of top two we've had? I can't remember two sides as good as this? I'd say the Barcelona/Real Madrid duels in Spain surpass these but can't think of anything in England, in my memory anyway.

I think so. Both teams likely to end on 90+ points. Didn't Madrid finish on about 95 points under Pellegrini and finish second?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Gonna be incredibly hard to take whoever doesn't win the title this year, is this the highest standard of top two we've had? I can't remember two sides as good as this? I'd say the Barcelona/Real Madrid duels in Spain surpass these but can't think of anything in England, in my memory anyway.

We're a chance to finish the season on 97 points and come second. In the EPL era that would put us to be the third highest points tally behind City last year and this year.

That would be ahead of any Ferguson Mourinho or Wenger season and yet may not be enough for the trophy.

54 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I think so too. You have a tough run. If you win your remaining games then we'll just have to congratulate you because that would be an unbelievable winning run. That would be absolutely gutting though

It will be painful if points are dropped in the home stretch but if both teams win their last five then I think I could only applaud them tbh.

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

If we don’t win it I’ll probably drink myself to death in sadness tbh

14 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I'll drink to that. 

💕

Yeah I’d say you’re lucky that you won’t experience the frustration of a title race, let alone one with this excruciatingly irritating City side, but it’s not that lucky because you’ve got to watch Everton week in week out.

3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I think so too. You have a tough run. If you win your remaining games then we'll just have to congratulate you because that would be an unbelievable winning run. That would be absolutely gutting though

Just looking at it we have United away (which we should win or very least draw) ..Spurs play us at the Etihad after only 3 days rest of also playing us at the Eithad in the CL, we can rotate a lot without weakening the team much, they can not, they don't have the depth  ..lose today and i think we take the league, draw and you are just about still in with a shot if we under perform somewhere, 3pts is a must for you today

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Just looking at it we have United away (which we should win or very least draw) ..Spurs play us at the Etihad after only 3 days rest of also playing us at the Eithad in the CL, we can rotate a lot without weakening the team much, they can not, they don't have the depth  ..lose today and i think we take the league, draw and you are just about still in with a shot if we under perform somewhere, 3pts is a must for you today

I think we have to win all of the remaining matches to have a shot. I think odds are you win it, we need luck on our side - you’re in control of your destiny really, you irritating bastards.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think we have to win all of the remaining matches to have a shot. I think odds are you win it, we need luck on our side - you’re in control of your destiny really, you irritating bastards.

We will probably beat United and Spurs then lose to Brighton on the last day :rofl:

• Administrator
Just now, Happy Blue said:

We will probably beat United and Spurs then lose to Brighton on the last day :rofl:

You'll smash us at yours in the penultimate game so that's a guaranteed 3 points for you.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

You'll smash us at yours in the penultimate game so that's a guaranteed 3 points for you.

Rodgers tactics work best against big teams if he’s anything like the same manager, it’s the sides like Newcastle where you’ll suddenly look like dogshite.

Having said that, good teams still can cut through defenses he organises like a hot knife through butter.

Part of our forward play problem there with Willian.. breaks with the ball and goes on a good run but runs out of steam in the final third, holds the ball up rather than pushing on and giving Liverpool chance to re-group and the chance to put pressure on the defence is gone.. 

• The title was changed to Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea - Sunday 14th April, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived