• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea - Sunday 14th April, 2019

football forum

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Trent though. I'll just keep laughing at people who say hes crap. TAA (mark my words) will be one of the best RB's around. 

Come on :D

Easy to forget he's just 20. Unbelievable talent.

Good performance that. Get the fuck in there. That Salah goal, fuck me

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

Deserved win for Liverpool, Fabinho is a dirty cunt and nice to see Hazard laughing and joking after the loss knowing that he's off to Real Madrid in the summer.

If Chelsea have that transfer ban hold, I think they’re a bit fucked if he goes tbh.

That first half was fairly even, that second half was mostly us but with a brief spell where Hazard in particular was giving his side a bit of momentum. And then we worked on just controlling the match and stole the momentum back.

He’s just on another level to the rest of their side. And I think Chelsea are a side with a lot of good players, but they’re just so reliant on him because he makes them so much better. But everyone else - us, City, Spurs, and Arsenal have more than one player that provides those moments of magic that shift momentum in a match. I think they’ll still be good without Hazard but wtf do they do if they can’t sign a replacement?

5 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

If manU somehow beat us they hand Liverpool there 1st ever Premier League xD 

"If  ManU somehow beat us, they hand Liverpool their 1st ever Premier League." <- Write it down a hundred times!

Btw, if anyone is going to beat City, it's Tottenham, imo.

4 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

"If  ManU somehow beat us, they hand Liverpool their 1st ever Premier League." <- Write it down a hundred times!

Btw, if anyone are going to beat City, it's Tottenham, imo.

Cheers, i missed the "there" class at school, the 2 days a week i went :D

Nar, wont be Spurs, we play them 3 days before in the CL, they will be fucked while we will rotate 6 players

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

Cheers, i missed the "there" class at school, the 2 days a week i went :D

Nar, wont be Spurs, we play them 3 days before in the CL, they will be fucked while we will rotate 6 players

You won't lose to Manchester United, they're shit. They'll lose and then pretend they didn't try because they want you to beat Liverpool to the title.

14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If Chelsea have that transfer ban hold, I think they’re a bit fucked if he goes tbh.

That first half was fairly even, that second half was mostly us but with a brief spell where Hazard in particular was giving his side a bit of momentum. And then we worked on just controlling the match and stole the momentum back.

He’s just on another level to the rest of their side. And I think Chelsea are a side with a lot of good players, but they’re just so reliant on him because he makes them so much better. But everyone else - us, City, Spurs, and Arsenal have more than one player that provides those moments of magic that shift momentum in a match. I think they’ll still be good without Hazard but wtf do they do if they can’t sign a replacement?

They signed that Dortmund sub, Pulisic, for big money before the ban. Not sure if he can be registered for next season or not but I think he was bought as the replacement for Hazard.

Not even upset. Liverpool are a class above us right now and we put out the best possible approach. 

Did well to restrict them first half, but what is maybe the 4th or 5th time this season, we just switch off and capitulate in the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half. CHO had a bad game. Emerson was at fault for the first goal. Reuben Loftus-Cheek was a shambles in the second half and our midfield was non existent. I still think a lack of leadership reflects this poor mentality we've shown all season. 

Hazard is as good as gone and rightly so. Not confident we can replace him adequately given our board just spent 60 million on an Dortmund reject who averages 4 league goals a season. 

4 minutes ago, 6666 said:

They signed that Dortmund sub, Pulisic, for big money before the ban. Not sure if he can be registered for next season or not but I think he was bought as the replacement for Hazard.

He’s not anywhere near as good as Hazard though 

• Subscriber

Think it's more likely Spurs upset City's title charge than United.

I don't know loads of United fans, but they actually seem to want them to lose the derby to City much more than our fans did. 

Liverpool finishing 2nd with 97 points and one defeat all season would be priceless.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

This is pretty special from Liverpool. 

Probably their toughest test in the run-in (out of the opposition they have left after this) given the recent Anfield form for Chelsea and the fact they're still going for top 4. 

Both goals were very good for different reasons and but for a spell in the 2nd half where Hazard had a couple of chances to get Chelsea back in the game, they've controlled it well. Henderson has stepped up with his form recently and pulling out performances you'd expect of a captain when there's pressure on the side to keep delivering and keep pace with Man City.

Salah seems to be creeping back in to form as well which will be encouraging for Liverpool fans no doubt. Perhaps he never lost the confidence but things just weren't coming off for him. The goal against Southampton and now today's effort are more like the Salah we saw yesterday. 

Genuinely can't see them losing another game this season so it's there's probably more pressure on Man City to win all theirs...

Sunil over complimenting the team to hide his hatred towards Liverpool. You aren't fooling anyone. 

@topic

Such a mature controlled performance. Had a bit of luck with Hazard's effort, but over the course of the entire match we were the better side. 

Nice to see Hendo getting the praise, but Matip is another player who has been quietly putting in good performances this year. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

You won't lose to Manchester United, they're shit. They'll lose and then pretend they didn't try because they want you to beat Liverpool to the title.

Or we could do one or two of the following.

I keep saying it week upon week but the winning sides get 'moments' during a season. Liverpool have had quite a few and that Salah goal was another moment today.

They are destined to win this title for me, I just think there is a slip up for City somewhere, I really do. 

7 hours ago, Inverted said:

Salah seems to be playing much better with Henderson playing on the right of midfield. 

Seems like he gets forward much more and makes more space for Salah. 

The move has been great for both Hendo and Salah. Overall I really like the midfield lineup for today and glad Klopp stuck with naby too as his form has often lacked from getting a consistent run of games.

6 hours ago, BartraPique1932 said:

A true warrior! He's constantly dispossessing Chelsea players or helping teammate to do so. :congrats:

He's been an excellent servant of the club. Impossible footsteps to follow but he his put his own stamp on things.

6 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Trent though. I'll just keep laughing at people who say hes crap. TAA (mark my words) will be one of the best RB's around. 

Come on :D

One of my favourite players. I'm shattered when he's not on the pitch as there none in our squad I'd rather see over the dead ball.

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think Chelsea will benefit from being more even after hazard leaves. Sometimes having one A class player drives others into a passive mentality. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived