Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea

Recent Form
Liverpool - WWWWW
Chelsea - WWWLW

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

About time we beat these cunts at Anfield. 2012 was the last time.

It was interesting how Liverpool does better at SB and Chelsea does better at Anfield

On 5th May we won the Fa Cup 2-1, then three days later we got smashed 4-1 in the league :D

9 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

About time we beat these cunts at Anfield. 2012 was the last time.

Wow. I didn't realise the record was so weak.

Obviously this is a game we'd be fairly likely to drop points. Chelsea with a point to prove, still well in the hunt themselves and surely would delight in fucking us again like they did in 2013.

Totally expect Hendo to mark Hazard, with Fabinho as DM. Also, expect Gini to return with Keita being benched. 

But I won't be surprised if Klopp benches Fabinho for Milner. He loves the Milner-Hendo-Gini midfield against big sides because they are hardworking and disciplined, even though Fabinho is a far superior choice.

Also, hope Matip starts over Lovren. Lovren had  a good match in Europe, but is coming back from an injury and has a tendency to fuck up. But more importantly, Matip has put in good performances in the last few matches. 

Reckon this will be a close match.

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Just fancy Chelsea to get a draw. Wouldn't be the end of the title race but would give Manchester City a big boost.

Agreed. Chelsea are third right now so this is far from a dead rubber for them.

I would bet on a draw and that's what I think will happen.

If we did win though it would be a pretty significant boost to our confidence with City still having a comparatively tougher draw in the final few games.

Still think Sarri might try a false 9 and play in the same manner against City. But resting Higuain yesterday looks like he plans to start him. 

Klopp said in his presser he plans to nullify Hazard so we will just need more energy elsewhere in the form of Reuben Loftus-Cheek and CHO. 

A draw would be fantastic. 

Higuain

Hazard---------------CHO

Ruben---Kante

Jorginho

Emerson---Luiz---Ruidger----Dave

Kepa

9 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Do you normally beat Chelsea @ Anfield? 

No. Not since 2012. I just think we're a much better side. That doesn't mean they're not a good side, they can still hurt us. I just think we're due one against them

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

No. Not since 2012. I just think we're a much better side. That doesn't mean they're not a good side, they can still hurt us. I just think we're due one against them

If you get 3pts today i think you will be favourites for the title, you only got easy games after this  ..we need you to draw or lose while also getting a win at Palace

18 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

If you get 3pts today i think you will be favourites for the title, you only got easy games after this  ..we need you to draw or lose while also getting a win at Palace

I think so too. You have a tough run. If you win your remaining games then we'll just have to congratulate you because that would be an unbelievable winning run. That would be absolutely gutting though

Gonna be incredibly hard to take whoever doesn't win the title this year, is this the highest standard of top two we've had? I can't remember two sides as good as this? I'd say the Barcelona/Real Madrid duels in Spain surpass these but can't think of anything in England, in my memory anyway.

• The title was changed to Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea - Sunday 14th April, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived