talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea - Sunday 14th April, 2019

football forum

2 hours ago, Machado said:

One of those goals... Forget stats, moments like that are what people will remember many years after he retires.

Amazing goal and with plenty at stake. But I think I prefer Sturridges goal last year. The way it just sailed in was so sexy.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Lucas said:

I keep saying it week upon week but the winning sides get 'moments' during a season. Liverpool have had quite a few and that Salah goal was another moment today.

They are destined to win this title for me, I just think there is a slip up for City somewhere, I really do. 

I get the feeling we will slip up somewhere too with the CL being a distraction ..it's also very difficult to win back to back titles in England too, any other season we would of done it but Liverpool are like a pack of virgins smelling that first piece of skirt that's waiting around the corner, wild dogs will struggle to drag them off!  ..we might have to be content with a cup treble this season :(

15 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I get the feeling we will slip up somewhere too with the CL being a distraction ..it's also very difficult to win back to back titles in England too, any other season we would of done it but Liverpool are like a pack of virgins smelling that first piece of skirt that's waiting around the corner, wild dogs will struggle to drag them off!  ..we might have to be content with a cup treble this season :(

We will beat you in the CL Final :coffee:

In the first half we did okay tried on the counter with no serious chances on both sides. In the second as it happened every away game since December we crumble in minutes. Conceded twice in three minutes and the game was gone. Hazard blew two excellent chances to get us back into the game. I don't see us getting top four through the league now, we are the only team with four games left and one of them is Old Trafford, with our away record we will lose that too. We are only left with the Europa League chance but it will be very difficult to win it.

2 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Surely you'd be hungrier for the Champions league this year mate? I'd guess that of your whole squad. 

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

In the first half we did okay tried on the counter with no serious chances on both sides. In the second as it happened every away game since December we crumble in minutes. Conceded twice in three minutes and the game was gone. Hazard blew two excellent chances to get us back into the game. I don't see us getting top four through the league now, we are the only team with four games left and one of them is Old Trafford, with our away record we will lose that too. We are only left with the Europa League chance but it will be very difficult to win it.

There's probably almost as good a chance qualifying through the league as winning the Europa at this point.

You guys should still be hedging your bets.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Surely you'd be hungrier for the Champions league this year mate? I'd guess that of your whole squad. 

Id rather have the league, cup comps are largely luck  ..you can finish 6th place in the league and win the CL, it's just another carling cup :coffee:

• Subscriber
Just now, Happy Blue said:

Id rather have the league, cup comps are largely luck  ..you can finish 6th place in the league and win the CL, it's just another carling cup :coffee:

I hope you treat that Carling Cup Clone a lot more seriously this year and lump the league tbh but you'll wont and I think if it has to go down to the last day I will be very surprised.

3 hours ago, Harry said:

There's probably almost as good a chance qualifying through the league as winning the Europa at this point.

You guys should still be hedging your bets.

I'd say take every game like a cup final until the end. Don't think we were that terrible against Liverpool, just 10 minutes of madness like we have in every away game since the New Year. Time will show how much we can.

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

I find this surprising. That comp you haven't ever won is the biggest obstacle to your being taken seriously on the European scene. Even Forest are regarded more highly for their history in the competition.

If we had already won the league in the last five years I'd be prioritising the Champions league 100%.

Your second point. Yes you can finish 6th and win but it's just a different form of skill required to win. Luck plays a bigger role but the two legged tie nature of the format seperates men from boys in a similar way to a league campaign.

8 minutes ago, True Blue said:

I'd say take every game like a cup final until the end. Don't think we were that terrible against Liverpool, just 10 minutes of madness like we have in every away game since the New Year. Time will show how much we can.

Salah could have bagged that volley in the sixth minute instead of the screamer in 55th. The only thing seperating it and you and Cicero calling it a typical early second half capitulation is one shot went in and the other didn't.

Just now, Harry said:

Salah could have bagged that volley in the sixth minute instead of the screamer in 55th. The only thing seperating it and you and Cicero calling it a typical early second half capitulation is one shot went in and the other didn't.

Well if we are counting shots like that, Willian could have scored for us in the first so could have Eden. Wasn't much worst of a shot than Salah's effort was.

13 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Well if we are counting shots like that, Willian could have scored for us in the first so could have Eden. Wasn't much worst of a shot than Salah's effort was.

Yeah I'm just saying a lot of a narrative changes based on one low percentage chance going in the net.

Thought we were OK and adopted a similar approach to the league cup final against City.

From 30-60 minutes we seemed to lose control in the game and that's where Liverpool won it. We failed in that period to break up their pressure, the start of the second half especially was just wave and wave of Liverpool attacks and we failed to get any respite from that.

5 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Wanna bet he won't?

It was Sarri that decided to keep both CHO and Reuben Loftus-Cheek and now both are getting minutes. 

If James impresses during pre-season (which I am 100% sure he will) he will join the team next season. Lad is incredible. 

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

It was Sarri that decided to keep both CHO and Reuben Loftus-Cheek and now both are getting minutes. 

If James impresses during pre-season (which I am 100% sure he will) he will join the team next season. Lad is incredible. 

Agreed on James, agreed on CHO and Ruben however if we fail to get UCL will Sarri stay?

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Wanna bet he won't?

Given the transfer ban I expect to see some more youth players playing as opposed to being farmed out in the first instance.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Given the transfer ban I expect to see some more youth players playing as opposed to being farmed out in the first instance.

Would be nice to give youth a go, or some of the decent long lost loaned players.

I know people bang on all the time about how scummy Chelsea fans are as if they were all alone and no other club had any but this was out of order by some stupid Liverpool idiot or group of idiots yesterday... 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-6923229/Young-Chelsea-supporter-left-needing-aid-treatment-Liverpool-fans-threw-smoke-bomb.html

That poor young lad.. trying to enjoy a day out at the football and shit like that happens.. so much for security checks going in.. You could have over 30.000 decent fans at one game behaving themselves and it only takes 1 idiot to ruin it.. 

@Stan thought I would stick this one up and save you the bother... your reputation as a Liverpool hater is well known on these boards.. let someone else take the lead for a bit mate... 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived