Watford 1-3 Arsenal

Recent Form
Watford - WWLWL
Arsenal - LWWWW

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Don't get how anyone can have any complaints about that. Raises his arm as he runs past him. Clear red card. 

(I don't hate Watford, just calling it as it is FYI). 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Don't get how anyone can have any complaints about that. Raises his arm as he runs past him. Clear red card. 

(I don't hate Watford, just calling it as it is FYI). 

Didn't you think Fernandinho dropping the people's elbow on Kane in the CL last week wasn't a red card offense though.

I think it's a clear red here, but lol at referees wanting respect with the consistency between them all

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Didn't you think Fernandinho dropping the people's elbow on Kane in the CL last week wasn't a red card offense though.

I think it's a clear red here, but lol at referees wanting respect with the consistency between them all

Didn't say he shouldn't get a red (from my memory). Just that I didn't think he was a dirty player as was being made out. 

I think if Torreira wasn't a little person though, this probably wouldn't have been considered a red card. So it's a bit harsh in that regard, until you consider that it's not like the lad shrunk and Deeney (probably) knows he's short as fuck, so his head's going to be there.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think if Torreira wasn't a little person though, this probably wouldn't have been considered a red card. So it's a bit harsh in that regard, until you consider that it's not like the lad shrunk and Deeney (probably) knows he's short as fuck, so his head's going to be there.

Yeah the fault here is Deeney's, not the officials. If anything the linesman has done well to spot it and say to the ref it's an elbow to the head. 

I remember years ago Andy Carroll did something similar to Baines and got away with it, he seemed to insinutate it was because Baines was small and therefore not his fault. There are genuine accidents of course but good footballers are aware of their surroundings and the stature of other players, Deeney was running right past him there too, wasn't like he was behind him.

If you watch it carefully he tries to elbow him but catches him on the shoulder and follows through and it's his hand that actually catches his face... 

Calls Torreira a 'fucking pussy' as he walks away... after giving him cheap shot.. 

Deeney quote: " Whenever I play against Arsenal, I'll go up and think let me whack the first one and see who's up for it"  

Mkhitaryan with a couple of good chances. Foster makes a good save with one, Mkhitaryan shoots way off with the other. To be fair to Watford, they've set up well with 10 men.

Another chance for Mkhitaryan, another one way off...

Watford getting a draw wouldn't have been undeserved but thankfully we held on. Leno had another good game at the back. Created decent chances but the finishing was pretty terrible. Still, a rare away win and back into the top 4 with a game in hand over Chelsea and only a point behind Tottenham.

1 minute ago, shut up said:

Terrible performance. I think it clear that a lot of the times Emery just makes it up as he goes along and doesn't really have that much tactical nouse. The fact that he changes the team 3 or 4 games per game means that he is getting it wrong 2 or 3 times per game. When it works he looks a genius, but the other times he looks a fraud. 

I think he is a good tactician in the sense of preparing for big games but he absolutely isn't made for league success.

You can't pull off a tactical masterclass week-in week-out, sometimes you just need to send out a settled team and system that you know will probably play well, and it's obvious that Emery doesn't really have a plan he feels he can rely on week-to-week.

• The title was changed to Watford 0-1 Arsenal - Monday 15th April, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived