• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - 13-16th April, 2019

football forum

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

In some ways it honestly bugs me when teams like Everton and Wolves just turn out equally dire results. Just makes the whole thing a bit of a farce. It's like no-one actually wants it. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Whilst I do want to finish 7th and get European football I'd happily take missing out on it if we can have less games and properly rebuild our squad. 

From a fans point of view I 100% want us to qualify although from a squad and footballing perspective I'd probably agree regarding us as well, but at the same time there's always the chance we just don't get an opportunity like this again and I do think there's always a danger that you get into this mindset that you're never fully ready for it. I could totally see us saying the same thing in a year's time for example.

Weirdly I think Watford could hack it better than us or you which sounds absolutely ridiculous but I'm sure they made 11 changes in the cup and walked their game at Newcastle. They've got better depth than they're given credit for. We on the other hand absolutely terrify me when we have to make a sub.

• Subscriber

If you gave me the choice I'd take European football but I'm not going to be upset if we miss out on it. Next season will be a different story because we should be looking to secure 7th with two full seasons under a new manager.

3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Whilst I do want to finish 7th and get European football I'd happily take missing out on it if we can have less games and properly rebuild our squad. 

I think getting into Europe though might actually help better players come into the club though. The Europa League isn’t the greatest, but it is tangible proof that the club’s taking steps in the right direction and a sign of greater ambitions. Tbh if my pick was between any of the sides fighting for 7th and I was a transfer target for each of them, it’s pretty hard to say which club I think realistically has the best shot of kicking on for more - there’s no obvious contender for “best of the rest” they’re all pretty similar. I’d probably just move to whoever would pay me the most.

Well and I wouldn’t want to play for Rodgers because he’s a cock and I wouldn’t want to play for Everton, because fuck Everton, but I do think you blueshites have arguably shown the most ambition in the previous summer. So that’d narrow down my choices a bit, but from a more neutral perspective I’ve no idea who I’d pick.

• Subscriber

I'm not sure how common your opinion is on Rodgers though. Not claiming he hasn't got drawbacks but a lot of players he's worked with seem to really rate his man-management.

18 hours ago, Dan said:

I'm not sure how common your opinion is on Rodgers though. Not claiming he hasn't got drawbacks but a lot of players he's worked with seem to really rate his man-management.

I think it goes two ways. Players either love his man management or he completely falls out with players and alienated them because they don’t take to his methods. He comes off as a massive tit in that one shite documentary about us that year (which was so fucking cringeworthy) and in pretty much any post match interview after he’s been your manager for long enough.

I can’t imagine liking my job with a boss like that, I’m probably not the only person who watched that document

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Rick said:

Bias aside, I'd probably move to Wolves.

Is it your Mum or Dad who's half Portuguese? :ph34r:

9 hours ago, Stan said:

Nothing said about Gomes' stamp on Mitrovic? 

Quite interesting. 

When was it? I basically stopped watching after they took the lead, seen that match about 7 times already this season.

Gomes is a dirty bastard though when he wants to be. He's good at getting away with it but he won't be that lucky forever.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Is it your Mum or Dad who's half Portuguese? :ph34r:

When was it? I basically stopped watching after they took the lead, seen that match about 7 times already this season.

Gomes is a dirty bastard though when he wants to be. He's good at getting away with it but he won't be that lucky forever.

MOTD had it on towards the end of the highlights, not exactly sure when in the game.

I know I've said this a few times tonight, but tonight really is make or break. We can't afford to drop any further points in these sort of games now. Win and we give ourselves a glimmer of hope. Draw or lose and it's all over as we won't be able to catch up considering the games we have left. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived