talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Diego Costa Banned For Eight Games

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems very harsh for something that should be a yellow card offence but it is Diego Costa and he has gotten away with being a dirty bastard for a long time so we'll just call this karma.

4 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Seems very harsh for something that should be a yellow card offence but it is Diego Costa and he has gotten away with being a dirty bastard for a long time so we'll just call this karma.

4 matches for saying to the referee "I shit on your whore mother! I shit on your whore mother" and four games for grabbing the refs arm. 

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, 6666 said:

17 minutes ago, Harry said:

4 matches for saying to the referee "I shit on your whore mother! I shit on your whore mother" and four games for grabbing the refs arm. 

I was just about to say it depends on what was said.

• Subscriber

Hate to contradict the "huhuhu Costa so funni" narrative but abuse of officials has become a huge issue in football so I'm fully in support of this ban. 

If we just laugh off abuse like this of a referee then we can't complain when nobody wants to go into refereeing and you end up scraping the barrel for officials and subsequently get a worse standard of refereeing.

Back to Costa though, it's mystifying how some players who act like cunts get held against them for life (e.g. Suarez) then other players it just gets put down to banter. The amount of times I've heard Costa's awful conduct on a football pitch laughed off as "what a character he is" and "you always know you're in for a battle when you're up against Diego Costa"... just find it weird and hypocritical.

Archived