The better place to talk football.

On This Day...

football forum

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

Top modern Copa America scorer with 14 goals (and the 5th highest ever scorer)

Corinthians' 2nd top scorer of the 21st century (54 goals)

Peru's all time top scorer (and by quite some margin at 38)

Did the impossible and captained a mediocre team to a Copa America final and a World Cup

Also had other subtle achievements like a UEFA semi-final with Hamburg and helping push Corinthians over the edge against Chelsea.

Can't believe he's 37 now...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJqO1SOja-M/?igshid=1sm87y95rvo4e

Forty one years ago to the day, the town where I was born, Harlow Town drew 1-1 with Leicester City in the FA Cup Third Round. They took Leicester back to the Harlow Sportscentre and beat a Leicester side that included Gary Lineker. That ground is now housing, my sister lived there for a couple of years. 

Harlow completely failed to even acknowledge the game happened last year at their nearest game to the 40th anniversary of the replay, which was against Staines (and I went), saying that they forgot. Unsurprisingly, they’ve forgotten to acknowledge today and will likely do so for the anniversary of the replay. 

1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJqO1SOja-M/?igshid=1sm87y95rvo4e

Forty one years ago to the day, the town where I was born, Harlow Town drew 1-1 with Leicester City in the FA Cup Third Round. They took Leicester back to the Harlow Sportscentre and beat a Leicester side that included Gary Lineker. That ground is now housing, my sister lived there for a couple of years. 

Harlow completely failed to even acknowledge the game happened last year at their nearest game to the 40th anniversary of the replay, which was against Staines (and I went), saying that they forgot. Unsurprisingly, they’ve forgotten to acknowledge today and will likely do so for the anniversary of the replay. 

Sorry to hear that mate

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Happy birthday to the best Peruvian footballer of all time, Teofilo Cubillas. Widely regarded as one of the top 100 best ever players. 10 goals in World Cups, and helped us win our second Copa America.

Qué fue de Teófilo Cubillas? - AS.com

I mostly see it as black and blue. But there were 1-2 instances where I could see the white and gold. I think it all depends on the condition of your eyes, and to what kind of light or other things you were exposed to before? Like that one sound file where people heard different things, I can't remember what it was exactly. Sarah and something? Not sure. But in the evening, I heard something else than in the morning when my ears were "rested" so to speak. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

I mostly see it as black and blue. But there were 1-2 instances where I could see the white and gold. I think it all depends on the condition of your eyes, and to what kind of light or other things you were exposed to before? Like that one sound file where people heard different things, I can't remember what it was exactly. Sarah and something? Not sure. But in the evening, I heard something else than in the morning when my ears were "rested" so to speak. 

'Yanny' and 'Laurel' was one in the last year or two I think.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

'Yanny' and 'Laurel' was one in the last year or two I think.

Yes, that was it. In the evening I heard Yanny, but in the morning when my ears weren't exposed to any sounds before, I heard Laurel. And then it was Laurel ever since. xD

• 3 weeks later...

Archived