• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

On This Day...

football forum

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/16/2018 at 00:39, Danny said:

Is there's a better goal in Real Madrid's modern history taking into account the importance of the match and goal?

Gareth Bale's bicycle kick is up there.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Gareth Bale's bicycle kick is up there.

Definitely, I still think Zidane's was better as even though there's more athleticism in Bale's, having to wait and take a ball down like that without fluffing it, under those circumstances, just edges it for me.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

One of those proper frustrating strikers that would always be in the right place at the right time. Would love him at your own team but hate him for another team.

This would not have happened either had he not signed for Utd

Image result for keown van nistelrooy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

One year ago, with Jefferson Farfan and Christian Ramos getting on the scoresheet, Peru defeated New Zealand 2-0 and qualified for their first World Cup in 36 years.

Unforgettable day for the whole nation. The fact we even got there still hasn't entirely sunk in, even after the tournament was done. So many years of memes and agony, from Condorito Mendoza's miss against Ecuador in the 2006 qualifiers to Luis Suarez literally killing the hopes of an entire country in 2013 in our own backyard, as well as the horrible few years we had gone through between 2007 and 2010. 

We played some of the best football in South America these last qualifiers, and it would have been horrible if we gotten that close, but not made it in the end.

Alarcon_Peru-Qualifies-for-World-Cup.jpg

I can;t believe that was 13 years ago, what the fuck. Time absolutely flies.

This time next May will be 10 years since Andres Iniesta scored that goal against Chelsea. How the fuck was that a decade ago? The 5 years you spend at secondary school seem like an eternity, then you leave and time flies like fuck.

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I can;t believe that was 13 years ago, what the fuck. Time absolutely flies.

This time next May will be 10 years since Andres Iniesta scored that goal against Chelsea. How the fuck was that a decade ago? The 5 years you spend at secondary school seem like an eternity, then you leave and time flies like fuck.

absolutely mad isn't it. 

Archived