talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Police officer killed in Paris

football forum

Breaking now 1 dead another wounded at Champs Elysees, suspected terror attack not been confirmed yet as conflicting reports. Also reports of a second shooting although it's here there and everywhere at the minute. 

Edit: 1 attacker dead, 1 on the lose apparently and the French presidential candidates are/were a potential target. 

Just going to stress nothing confirmed yet

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

21 attacks since Charlie Hebdo in France, just a day ago two were arrested in Marseille that were preparing an attack with ISIS flags in their apartment. 

It's absolutely no wonder that Le Pen will win the first round.

Jesus, first I'd heard of that. I was in Marseille at the time.

In other news, looks like the perpetrator was known to French security services, which of course is a shocking and unprecedented development.

15 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Jesus, first I'd heard of that. I was in Marseille at the time.

In other news, looks like the perpetrator was known to French security services, which of course is a shocking and unprecedented development.

French security services are working pretty much around the clock and arrests are made all the time. Sheer volume means they can't stop it all

Conservative journalist Peter Hitchens who really hates drugs:

Drugs are the enemy, not IS 

Within hours of the latest street murder in Paris, it emerged that the culprit, Karim Cheurfi, was (once again) a sordid career criminal with a very violent past, a hatred of the police, a long record of car theft, robbery, and, yes, drug offences. 

Did he sample his own produce, as most drug-dealers do? Did it affect him? It looks like it. He showed many signs of being unhinged. French media said those who knew him described someone who walked and acted ‘as if he came from Mars’.

They also reported that he showed no signs of ‘radicalisation’ in prison, but hated the police. He wasn’t known as an Islamist. A neighbour remarked: ‘If you said “Daesh” to him [the Arabic name for Islamic State] I’m sure he wouldn’t know what it was.’ A regular worshipper at the local mosque said he had never seen him there. And another called him a ‘man who was absolutely not religious’.

I ask again, are we failing to prevent these events, because we are looking in the wrong place for the cause of them?

https://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2017/04/peter-hitchens-why-a-snap-election-ask-the-30-tories-facing-criminal-charges.html

Archived