talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

VfB Stuttgart Thread

s1074_150x150.png

One of the cities and teams I enjoy in Bundesliga, but without a team thread. 

Currently on verge of having to fight for their place in the Bundesliga. 

Certainly need Augsburg to lose tomorrow to stay within reach. 

5 more matches this year, and currently 4 points from 15th place. The remaining matches are:

4/20 - Augsburg (A)
4/27 - Monchengladbach (H)
5/4 - Hertha (A)
5/11 - Wolfsburg (H)
5/18 - Schalke (A)

13 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I remember when Stuttgart were good, was surprised when they were relegated a few years ago as I'd no idea they had slipped into mediocrity.

Yeah - they were in the CL not that long ago. But massive turnover, and players departing has really turned their fortune for the worst. I really expecting better this year. Sad rally, one of the better atmospheres, cultures, and cities that I've been to in Germany. 

• Subscriber

Probably my biggest disappointment with Stuttgart has been the downwards trend in their youth development. They used to be one of the best clubs in Germany in terms of talent recognition and nurture, who do they have in the team now from their youth ranks other than Gomez? Didavi? Baumgartl? That's it I think. Sad.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Relling said:

Ackacibar not impressing by spitting at Havertz today.

Is that why he got sent off? Only got a notification on my phone but I was watching Werder match so no idea what happened.

Yes. I watched the game and could not see it from the replay, so I thought he must have said something. but I read just know that he spat at him. The reaction of Havertz and the ref immidiately running to him with the red in his hand it makes absolutely sense with that piece of information. Ascacibar seemed out of control.

I cannot imagine Havertz is the most provocative guy on the field either. Exept that that the effortless way he plays would be pretty exasperating.  

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.acfdf7cc8b3b834960dfad6a4a0c9a14.png

Former Germany striker Jurgen Klinsmann, 55 on Tuesday, is in talks with VfB Stuttgart to become their first-ever CEO. (Bild - in German)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NEUER STUTTGART-BOSS?|Klinsmann bestätigt erste VfB-Gespräche

29.07.2019 - 19:34 Uhr

Jürgen Klinsmann (wird am Dienstag 55) und der VfB Stuttgart – es wird ernst!

Der 1990er Weltmeister und frühere Bundestrainer hat erste Gespräche mit dem Verein geführt. Es geht um den neu geschaffenen Job des Vorstands-Vorsitzenden der VfB Stuttgart AG.

Der „Stuttgarter Zeitung“ sagt Klinsmann: „Der Informationsaustausch verlief sehr positiv.“

Er hatte sich bei einem Heimatbesuch mit den VfB-Aufsichtsräten Wilfried Porth und Hermann Ohlicher sowie dem kommissarischen Klubchef Bernd Gaiser getroffen. Ein Repräsentations-Amt als Präsident lehnt Klinsi ab.

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...

In the matches that I have watched he has been decent. He's had a couple moments this season where he gave away costly penalties, but he seems to be good in the air and has scored a few goals iirc.

There's been some discussion about making his move permanent but I think that will depend on the relegation situation. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Coma said:

There's been some discussion about making his move permanent but I think that will depend on the relegation situation. 

Looked more into this and it's very likely that they'll make it permanent. Option to buy for €3m if they stay up and for free if they go down... that's what Sven Mislintat said anyway.

Another example of us being insanely bad at selling players. Basically begging Stuttgart to take him. Also rumours that Stuttgart will make it permanent and sell him straight away.

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Looked more into this and it's very likely that they'll make it permanent. Option to buy for €3m if they stay up and for free if they go down... that's what Sven Mislintat said anyway.

Another example of us being insanely bad at selling players. Basically begging Stuttgart to take him. Also rumours that Stuttgart will make it permanent and sell him straight away.

If they go down I can't see him staying, but that's just my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.kicker.de/matarazzos-abschied-ist-in-stuttgart-kein-thema-902768/artikel

I really hope he doesn't leave.  The only job I see of those available that would interest me personally would be Gladbach, but I feel that too many coaches don't realize that the grass isn't greener on the other side.  Stuttgart have a decent young core of players, whereas Gladbach are in rebuilding mode.  Wolfsburg, Hoffenheim, and the rest can get fucked.  

• 4 months later...