• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round 04: Azerbaijan

football forum

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Honda to bring Spec 2 ICE on all four cars of Red Bull Racing and Toro Rosso in Baku. Technical director Toyoharu Tanabe says “main benefits are improved durability & life & better reliability. It also offers a slight improvement in performance.”

Ferrari with "a few updates" as well.

Renault with new specifications of front and rear wings plus a few changes in the sidepods. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Vettel is a lovely guy though :what:

Loved that Grand Prix. Insane. Incidents like Hamilton's headrest coming loose always seem to happen at already eventful races which is cool, don't see that happening at your bog standard Hungaroring Mercedes 1-2.

Baku is coming firmly into the Montreal/Melbourne category for me where the circuit itself isn't anything that exciting but you always know something will happen to spice things up.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, nudge said:

Stroll in the wall.

34 minutes ago, nudge said:

Kvyat in the wall.

I take back what I said before. This has officially become the most predictable Grand Prix of the year.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Baku just keeps on giving...

Gasly will start the race from the pit lane after failing to stop at the weigh bridge during FP2 O.o

D5F-XZSWAAMZSL2.jpg

Am I missing something or that does seem fair anyway?

He was required to stop and didn't, then went in to the pit lane and had the car altered, therefore compromising the car's original weight?

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Am I missing something or that does seem fair anyway?

He was required to stop and didn't, then went in to the pit lane and had the car altered, therefore compromising the car's original weight?

Yeah, I guess so, especially considering that it's in the regulations, but seems a bit harsh given that it's only free practice anyway... Also a bit amateurish by Red Bull as neither him nor his mechanics and engineers apparently noticed that he had to go to the weighbridge :what:

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Kubica goes into the castle wall :o. Session red flagged so no chance of the drivers at risk to get themselves out of Q1. 

Luckily driver OK.

26 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Lance Stroll hits the wall :x

I know you may not like Stroll but I find it weird you'd almost celebrate him going in to the wall but on the other hand, rightly so, happy that Kubica is okay when he goes in to the wall as well. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived