The better place to talk football.

Round 04: Azerbaijan

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

The long straight on this track will be interesting. With the best of the rest so close, on this long straight, we could have some serious collisions. 

Prediction for SC will be a toughie. 

• Subscriber

Baku is usually the kind of race that upsets the apple cart. 

In 2017, Hamilton had pole, got into an infamous scuffle with Vettel who was penalised, then a loose headrest of all things cost Lewis the race which was eventually won by Ricciardo from 10th of the grid with Stroll also on the podium in a Williams.

In 2018, Vettel had pole, lost out to Bottas following a safety car, but Hamilton ended up winning after an awful tyre blowout for Bottas just a few laps from the win. Vettel made a mad attempt at overtaking someone and ended up behind Perez who took 3rd for Force India. Amongst all this, the Red Bulls crashed into each other eliminating both from the race.

Hope we see similar drama this year. Be arsed with Merc already having both championships sewn up by Monza.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Eco said:

So it's safe to suggest that a majority of drivers will be qualifying in Soft tires this time? 

Depends on their tire strategy... Ferrari and Mercedes both have chosen more medium sets than other teams; might go for qualifying on mediums and one stop strategy.

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Depends on their tire strategy... Ferrari and Mercedes both have chosen more medium sets than other teams; might go for qualifying on mediums and one stop strategy.

That is a shit ton of tires considering teams make 1-2 changes a race plus the ones used in qualifying. 

Do these also get used during the practice sessions? 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Eco said:

That is a shit ton of tires considering teams make 1-2 changes a race plus the ones used in qualifying. 

Do these also get used during the practice sessions? 

Yes and the teams have to hand back a few sets of tires during that as well. One set after the first 40 minutes of FP1, another set at the end of FP1, two sets at the end of FP2, and another two sets at the end of FP3. So they are left with seven sets for both qualifying and the race.

35 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

People using tires instead of tyres is getting me tryggered. 

People? You mean me. 

The word, 'tyres' comes up as a misspelling, because it is....in American English. 

image.png.88be793bac28bc805e4d8305a27e9c2d.png

• Subscriber
34 minutes ago, Eco said:

People? You mean me. 

The word, 'tyres' comes up as a misspelling, because it is....in American English. 

image.png.88be793bac28bc805e4d8305a27e9c2d.png

@nudge started it and I don't actually mind. Both are legitimate spellings, but tyres is the accepted spelling in our English so tires just looks wrong even if it's technically okay.

15 minutes ago, nudge said:

I generally prefer British spelling over American in most cases but "tyre" always seems so weird to me xD 

Calling a trunk a boot and calling a hood a bonnet is also super lame. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Calling a trunk a boot and calling a hood a bonnet is also super lame. 

Nah... Boot is fine as when I hear "trunk" I automatically think either of a tree or an elephant xD Bonnet is also preferable to hood as I just associate the latter with some head covering.

We were taught British English at school but for some reason it was still "tire" instead of "tyre" nevertheless!

23 minutes ago, nudge said:

Nah... Boot is fine as when I hear "trunk" I automatically think either of a tree or an elephant xD Bonnet is also preferable to hood as I just associate the latter with some head covering.

We were taught British English at school but for some reason it was still "tire" instead of "tyre" nevertheless!

TIME OUT. 

This is what we call a trunk...do you call this a boot? 

2015-mercedes-benz-c250d-trunk-720x720.j

And this is a hood? Do you call this a bonnet? 

used-hoods.jpg

45 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Yeah, that's a boot and a bonnet mate. 

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Sneakers are trainers.

The main one is soccer is football :ph34r:

I try not to mix these up unless I'm in the MLS Section. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived